local horse shows

eventrder

It will never happen you will never get all of the different people and clubs to come together and get along. Plus the places like AMIT count on their shows to raise money for the program/barn/farm. Then you have the people who are all about the ribbons if you have one circuit with 4 or 5 shows thats only a few ribbons if you have 15 different shows then you can rack up the points/prizes. Its nice to have different places to take students and green horses to as well.

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets
eventrder said:
It will never happen you will never get all of the different people and clubs to come together and get along. Plus the places like AMIT count on their shows to raise money for the program/barn/farm. Then you have the people who are all about the ribbons if you have one circuit with 4 or 5 shows thats only a few ribbons if you have 15 different shows then you can rack up the points/prizes. Its nice to have different places to take students and green horses to as well.

You mean you can actually make money from a show? :lmao: Between the judge and the ribbons breaking even is usually the goal for us. :howdy:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Unbelievable said:
You mean you can actually make money from a show? :lmao: Between the judge and the ribbons breaking even is usually the goal for us. :howdy:

Where are your shows Unbelievable?? :howdy:

Last edited:
W

WhoCares

Pasofever said:
I dont take my ribbons...does anyone else do this? I dont even except them at the gate...

It depends on the show. I will go through and sort them. I gave a bunch of stock ribbons back to the farm to use for the next show.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Pasofever said:
I dont take my ribbons...does anyone else do this? I dont even except them at the gate...

I've heard of Associations giving riders a $1 credit on there show bill for every ribbon not accepted. The points still count toward circuit awards.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Pasofever said:
I know there is an organization that collects unwanted ribbons. They use them for shows for special needs children. I have a friend that we always give them to, and she donates them for us. I will see if she is coming to watch (she rides western), and I will tell her to bring a box. If you don't want to take your ribbons home you could donate them to help someone else. :yay:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Sadielady said:
I know there is an organization that collects unwanted ribbons. They use them for shows for special needs children. I have a friend that we always give them to, and she donates them for us. I will see if she is coming to watch (she rides western), and I will tell her to bring a box. If you don't want to take your ribbons home you could donate them to help someone else. :yay:

Thats a great idea...I would do that...hey when is your next show..I think I can have Roger ready in another 2 weeks...his stamina is so poor from standing so long..not even running in the field..I need some WP type classes just to get him out even if they are just w/j he has not been off the farm in 3 yrs..

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Pasofever said:
Thats a great idea...I would do that...hey when is your next show..I think I can have Roger ready in another 2 weeks...his stamina is so poor from standing so long..not even running in the field..I need some WP type classes just to get him out even if they are just w/j he has not been off the farm in 3 yrs..
We have walk/trot pleasure! It is a hunter show though.... :huggy: You'll be fine. You already have the helmet! :lmao: Oct 28. We have the fun show on Nov. 4 th. You don't have to ride english for that!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Sadielady said:
We have walk/trot pleasure! It is a hunter show though.... :huggy: You'll be fine. You already have the helmet! :lmao: Oct 28. We have the fun show on Nov. 4 th. You don't have to ride english for that!

Dont do fun shows on him do them on the pasos...Roger is my serious horse.. :popcorn: Can I come down for a couple lessons in the indoor first?

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
:evil: but of course.....I can make room for you! :lmao: :whistle:
Pasofever said:
Dont do fun shows on him do them on the pasos...Roger is my serious horse.. :popcorn: Can I come down for a couple lessons in the indoor first?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Sadielady said:
:evil: but of course.....I can make room for you! :lmao: :whistle:

Just so you know I will be western and I probably wont listen not because I dont want to but I am set in my ways and old..and it will be hard for you as you dont understand Rogers buttons..but I need to get in a group and ride him some..will call ya..

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets
Sadielady said:

We'd love to bring some of our students down one day. Unfortunately, we're having our inhouse fun show on Oct. 28th and the first NCEL meet is on Nov. 4th. :howdy:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Unbelievable said:
The shows are at our farm. Mostly inhouse. . .we do invite some other barns once in awhile. . .

I wish they had App shows in house..I would board there and clean up..they always ride like a dream at home..