local horse shows

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
WhoCares said:
This is something that has been suggested before, and had been talked about.

Also it had nothing to do with the various personalities involved on this board so don't jump me on that one.

Are you talking about the NCEL or starting a Horse Show Association?

Or the local barns combining efforts for a Winter Series??

W

WhoCares

BZHorseMomE said:
Are you talking about the NCEL or starting a Horse Show Association?

Or the local barns combining efforts for a Winter Series??

Local barns combining efforts for a Winter Series. It was before Sadie's time also.

fredsaid2

BZHorseMomE said:
Nope, not the farms I was think about. There are a few on that list for the 07'/08' season that I know don't have that many lesson horses. Guess they just include there students horses who board at the barn. Maybe they count the sale horses & ponies they have in the barn that the lesson students ride occassionally.

Back in the early 90's my previous trainer had the top rider & teams several years in a row. She taught all private students on their own horses. No lessons horses and didn't have 50 diff. students being taught each week.

DD rode in 03, I think. It was a big lesson barn, easily met the reqs for horses and students. They had 2 lessons per week, always on school horses. The program has probably changed over the years to accommodate new situations and to keep the playing field level. The girls really enjoyed the program and the team concept. .

W

WhoCares

fredsaid2 said:
WC, what size did FI's outdoor end up being?

Um.

It is a good sized. Not as big as others, but bigger than the one that I had growing up.

There are plans to also put a jumping course outside in one of the larger pastures. This will give even more room for jumping.

fredsaid2

WhoCares said:
Um.

It is a good sized. Not as big as others, but bigger than the one that I had growing up. We have a jumping course in there now. Also there is plans to put new jumps up out in one of the fields for a challenging round.

So they didn't expand it, it's basically the same size as the indoor? tks!

W

WhoCares

fredsaid2 said:
So they didn't expand it, it's basically the same size as the indoor? tks!

No it is expanded. I just don't know the exact measurements. I can try to find out.

We have a full set of jumps in there.

Last edited by a moderator:

showqueen74

devinej said:
so i've noticed that there are about a billion horse shows in st.mary's county this fall at 4 or 5 different locations. not sure how the turn out will be for each show if there are a billion of them - probably not great.

was wondering - what if we made a St.Mary's County Fall Schooling Show Circuit, and each location could host 1 show, and we'd get together on a prize list, put in all the classes everyone wants for each show and then we could have season end points and stuff. i think that would be fun.

what do you say? :popcorn:

It sounds like those who want to try and make this happen just need to get together and do it! Trying to organize in the puplic eye is probably not the best place. Too many :elaine: JMO. Vicky

Robin

showqueen74 said:
It sounds like those who want to try and make this happen just need to get together and do it! Trying to organize in the puplic eye is probably not the best place. Too many :elaine: JMO. Vicky
Almost all the barns know to go to AMIT and talk to Mr Lindsay. They have been doing this for years. He tries to help organize and talk over the dates with the barns wanting other shows and events so they do not conflict with other activities. This also ensures there will be something to do any given weekend and not 3 events the same day where folks have to choose and events suffer. believe me this has been happening for years. Some Farms branch out and dont want to take the time to have someone tell them when they can and cant have an event, which would benefit them, instead they suffer the consequences of not having a big turnout.

W

WhoCares

Robin said:
Almost all the barns know to go to AMIT and talk to Mr Lindsay. They have been doing this for years. He tries to help organize and talk over the dates with the barns wanting other shows and events so they do not conflict with other activities. This also ensures there will be something to do any given weekend and not 3 events the same day where folks have to choose and events suffer. believe me this has been happening for years. Some Farms branch out and dont want to take the time to have someone tell them when they can and cant have an event, which would benefit them, instead they suffer the consequences of not having a big turnout.

I am pretty sure that none of the shows are on the same day this time. They are all on different days.

BZHorseMomE

If it is an Association that is started then input from people interested would be great. The farms holding the shows as well as other horse people wanting to help and contribute there knowledge to making it a success. :howdy: Maybe even farms in Calvert & Charles would like to support & hold an event.

I agree Vicky that planning shouldn't be done in public, but why plan something like this in the first place if the public isn't interested or wouldn't attend. Having more people attend the local shows I'm sure is a problem that these local farms would like to have. It would be great to have an organized series or circuit. :yay:

Last edited:

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets
BZHorseMomE said:
Some of the Barns listed on the 2007/2008 schedule don't even have 10 school horses.

Does the NCEL allow students using there private horses when host a competition??

Also I'm reading that qualifying schools must have 50 individual students enrolled in the lesson program WEEKLY? or do they mean teach 50 lessons a week?

We have an NCEL team (2nd year) and are most pleased with it. :howdy: We haven't been to a barn yet that doesn't have the requisite 10 horses and, as to students, we aren't privy to their accounting systems so we really couldn't tell you. It's a great learning experience for the team members and encourages sportsmanship and cooperation. :yay:

BZHorseMomE

Unbelievable said:
We have an NCEL team (2nd year) and are most pleased with it. :howdy: We haven't been to a barn yet that doesn't have the requisite 10 horses and, as to students, we aren't privy to their accounting systems so we really couldn't tell you. It's a great learning experience for the team members and encourages sportsmanship and cooperation. :yay:

That's great. :howdy: What barn are you with Unbelievable??

Couldn't agree more with you about the sportsmanship & team work. I think the other barn interested in joining the NCEL found it hard to meet the 10 lesson horse requirement.

Keep us posted to let us know how your barn & you do. Have a fun & safe season!!! :yay:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Unbelievable said:
I love the NCEL concept. We didn't have that kind of thing where I am from in FL. I wish they did.

devinej

Unbelievable said:

tell us more unbelievable!! perhaps you can advise us some on how to get something like that started :howdy:

spellbound

To get something like that started in your area, you have to get the riders interested.

Host an invitational. Invite several of the local trainers to bring teams of 3 (each rider at a different level) and/or a limited number of individual riders. Require each participating school to bring the same number of horses.

Once the riders have done it and like it, they will bug their trainers to do it again. If it catches on, you could start hosting more invitationals. And eventually it could evolve into it's own small somd league. All you would need is three or four riding schools. And you could take ideas from NCEL and modify other rules as you see fit.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
spellbound said:
To get something like that started in your area, you have to get the riders interested.

Host an invitational. Invite several of the local trainers to bring teams of 3 (each rider at a different level) and/or a limited number of individual riders. Require each participating school to bring the same number of horses.

Once the riders have done it and like it, they will bug their trainers to do it again. If it catches on, you could start hosting more invitationals. And eventually it could evolve into it's own small somd league. All you would need is three or four riding schools. And you could take ideas from NCEL and modify other rules as you see fit.
That sounds like a really good idea!