Local So Md Heating oil prices...website?

Hessian

Instead of going to each Heating oil provider in So Md...
I seem to recall someone posted years ago a website chart that compared prices per gallon.
Is this still around? Is it being updated weekly?
Thanks! :coffee:
:buddies:

PeoplesElbow

Instead of going to each Heating oil provider in So Md...
I seem to recall someone posted years ago a website chart that compared prices per gallon.
Is this still around? Is it being updated weekly?
Thanks! :coffee:
:buddies:
It hadn't been updated for almost 10 years last time I looked. Some don't publish their prices at all either.

Hessian

Currently: (Just took 20 min to hunt down prices.)
Burch Oil 4.85
SMO: office closed, no on-line price offered. (Besche oil)
Ridgell: 4.80
Q-dog: 4:80
Who else am I missing from the list?

PeoplesElbow

Burch Oil 4.85
Is Gott still around otherwise thats all I can think of thats left. SMO was who I was specifically thinking of that didn't publish their price.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Is Gott still around otherwise thats all I can think of thats left. SMO was who I was specifically thinking of that didn't publish their price.
Gott Oil was sold to SMO. Johnny Gott subsequently got back into the fuel oil business as Q-Dog. He also owns the various Fast Stops that are mostly Citgo, although the one in Dunkirk is a Shell.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I haven't bought fuel in at least 4 years, maybe more, plenty left in the tank. I still have time to wait it out and hope for a price drop next year. The pellet stove does a terrific job in lieu of the oil burner.
Hybrid hot water heater, so 600 watts vs 4500, electric bill is down too.

PeoplesElbow

I'm a customer so I signed in to my account. Non-account holders may not be able to access the price. I couldn't until I signed in.
I'm a customer too, but I never signed up for an online account. Reminds me I have to cancel with them after the replacement tank bullshit.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Burch Oil 4.85
We only buy from Trossbach...have not checked price recently though.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Mommy Dearest was a bit upset when SMO topped off the tank in the spring. I want to think the price was around $4.85 at the time. I'll have to do some digging and see how she made out.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Mommy Dearest was a bit upset when SMO topped off the tank in the spring. I want to think the price was around $4.85 at the time. I'll have to do some digging and see how she made out.
Years ago I asked why they filled the tank when heating season was over. The answer had two parts. Part 1 was that way everybody started out heating season with a full tank and they wouldn't get slammed with deliveries when it got cold. Part 2 was that a full tank has less condensation contaminating the fuel.

Last edited: