Local Winter Show Series

devinej

i want to jump higher than 2'6", will you put the jumps up for me and call it the devinej division???

Duckz

i want to jump higher than 2'6", will you put the jumps up for me and call it the devinej division???

The Duckz Classic has a nice ring to it :killingme:killingme:killingme
:duel:

Lincoln and Pony can face off at 3'...

Attachments

• ponylincoln.jpg
    ponylincoln.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 63

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
:whistle: Normally four riders to make the points count. At least that is the way it was up the road at HCHSA & BCHSA. That could be a very expensive division for so few riders.

How come SMHA has so few riders in there 2'9" and 3' Hunter classes. I saw four riders not including Devine in the 2'9" and one not including Devine in the 3' division. I'm sure more of the shows would have the higher jumps if those division had more participants.

My 3yr. old won't be 4yrs. old until the end of next March. So no jumping for her right now. Give me a few more years and I'll be more then happy to join in the 3'. :yahoo:

Duckz

:whistle: Normally four riders to make the points count. At least that is the way it was up the road at HCHSA & BCHSA. That could be a very expensive division for so few riders.

How come SMHA has so few riders in there 2'9" and 3' Hunter classes. I saw four riders not including Devine in the 2'9" and one not including Devine in the 3' division. I'm sure more of the shows would have the higher jumps if those division had more participants.

My 3yr. old won't be 4yrs. old until the end of next March. So no jumping for her right now. Give me a few more years and I'll be more then happy to join in the 3'. :yahoo:

Most likely because 3' is at the end of the day. None of us 3'ers want to ride at 5:00 when we can just do the lower divisions and get out of there.

Shows that start with the 3' divisions see a lot more participation. I looooove the Merrymount shows. 2'9 low and 3' working, starts at 9, done by 11, and home in time for an afternoon nap :yahoo:

devinej

yah i agree, put a couple higher divisions at the start and you will get more entries in them. start off with a 2'6" warm up and then 3ft and 3ft3, then go back to smaller heights. it totally sucked waiting till after 6 to do 3ft at smha....(plus not even getting judged...), i would totally understand why no one enters just for that reason...

BZHorseMomE

What were the fence heights in the earlier divisions at Bobby's show last weekend? How many were in the division at 3'? I think there is another division at 2'6" or 2'9"?

BrookValley

Definitely a good idea to put a higher division (3') at the beginning of the day. Offer a 2'6" warm-up class (just a warm-up class, not a whole 2'6" division 'cause you're going to get a lot of the just 2' 6" people in that warm-up), like devine said, and then a 3' division. You'd get plenty of people to fill it, but it still wouldn't be huge--the 3' divisions aren't wildly popular these days--and so it wouldn't back up the show for the rest of the day. Makes a lot of sense....of course, you're never going to please everybody (and you'd go crazy trying) but you could bring in a few more people (and make a few more people happy) with a 3' division at the beginning of the day.

The reason I never, ever showed the 3' division at the Sunday MSA is because it goes at effing midnight every Sunday. Sometimes I'd send my Adult horse down to the ring and let her go around with someone young and silly who wanted to ride 20 different horses all weekend and be there 'till dawn, but me? I'm back at the barn packing up once those lights come on! Eh. I'm too old and tired and broken to ride that late. :coffee: Now I'm just too old and tired and broken to jump 3'. Hehe. So, yeah, put that 3' division at the beginning of the day and let the rest of us 2' 6" woosies sleep in!! :killingme

BZHorseMomE

So, yeah, put that 3' division at the beginning of the day and let the rest of us 2' 6" woosies sleep in!! :killingme[/QUOTE]

:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme

kmbetit

K Betit
What were the fence heights in the earlier divisions at Bobby's show last weekend? How many were in the division at 3'? I think there is another division at 2'6" or 2'9"?

I try not to jump 3" at Bobby's for two reasons. First being that I don't want him to move the jumps unless there are a few people that want to do it. And usually there are, but by that time i've already gone. Second is that Bobby's version of 3" is probably closer to 3'6". hehe. At least that was my experience when I got to work with him on the Equ team at St. Mary's.

devinej

I try not to jump 3" at Bobby's for two reasons. First being that I don't want him to move the jumps unless there are a few people that want to do it. And usually there are, but by that time i've already gone. Second is that Bobby's version of 3" is probably closer to 3'6". hehe. At least that was my experience when I got to work with him on the Equ team at St. Mary's.

what's wrong with 3'6"??

if 3 foot is good, isn't 3'6" even better?? :killingme:killingme

bobby's show...the fence heights when i got there were...like 2'6" or something? it was a division, i think hunter horse or something. and then horse pleasure which is 2ft. then they had the evergreen which is 2ft as well.

kmbetit

K Betit
what's wrong with 3'6"??

if 3 foot is good, isn't 3'6" even better?? :killingme:killingme

bobby's show...the fence heights when i got there were...like 2'6" or something? it was a division, i think hunter horse or something. and then horse pleasure which is 2ft. then they had the evergreen which is 2ft as well.

hehe. Not when my horses legs are only 2 feet long! Now, I know that isn't an excuse, BUT, I don't really like to jump things that are bigger then my horse. :killingme

Some of the horse Hunter stuff has the 2'6" or 3" option. Otherwise, yeah, it's only 2'6".

devinej

hehe. Not when my horses legs are only 2 feet long! Now, I know that isn't an excuse, BUT, I don't really like to jump things that are bigger then my horse. :killingme

Some of the horse Hunter stuff has the 2'6" or 3" option. Otherwise, yeah, it's only 2'6".

oh come on 3'6" is a peice of cake on horses with 2 ft long legs.....NOTTT

oh boy good thing the pony wasn't scared cuz i sure was...

Attachments

• sparkles 3ft6.jpg
    sparkles 3ft6.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 57

kmbetit

K Betit
Soooo--I was looking through the Equiery for events for this winter...and guess what I saw? The Chessie Winter Hunter show series. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:.