looking for an experienced rider

S

Sunkist

I had this huge thing typed out and accidently went to another page and it disappered so i'll keep it short and sweet. I need 2-3 people who are experienced riders that aren't afraid of a big fast hard headed horse. Calypso is the most amazing horse and he and I have a great bond like no other. But in retraining him i'd like to have seveal different people to get on him and ride. I dont want him to get used to just one person riding him and then sell him and have problems because he's been so used to me riding and no one at my barn is anywhere near experienced enough except one girl and she's fallen off and even though she's an adult her parents wont "let" her ride calypso. So if you feel like you'd be up for it send me a pm and we can go from there.

Thanks a bunch!

fredsaid2

What is the horse's experience, what are you re-training him for, issues you're experiencing? He's a re-sell project, are these paid rides? Where is he located, insurance required to ride at your barn? Answers that will help potential riders...

S

Sunkist

Calypso is an OTTB. I am retraining him because he was not properly retrained when he was retired. I am not experiencing any issues except he is still wanting to think he is a race horse. No this is not a paid ride...i'm sorry but why would I pay anyone to ride my horse when they are not my trainer...I am my own trainer; I solely want to have him experience other riders on him. He is located in hollywood and no there are no insurance requirements. Any rider will be required to sign a liability release both from myself and the place I board. They will also be required to sign paperwork saying they will not ride without me being notified or without me being at the barn.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I am not experiencing any issues except he is still wanting to think he is a race horse.

That's a pretty big issue unless your goal is to keep him thinking he is a racehorse.

No this is not a paid ride...i'm sorry but why would I pay anyone to ride my horse when they are not my trainer...I am my own trainer; I solely want to have him experience other riders on him.

Your are asking for people to ride your horse and you're requesting experienced riders. So, while you are the "trainer" you are asking other people to come work your horse for you. That is usually a paying job.

It sounds like you're asking for an exercise rider or perhaps a working student?

I vaguely remember a rider asking for horses to ride you may be able to search for her posts or she might check in and see your post. I can't remember her name though, sorry.

PrepH4U

I had this huge thing typed out and accidently went to another page and it disappered so i'll keep it short and sweet. I need 2-3 people who are experienced riders that aren't afraid of a big fast hard headed horse. Calypso is the most amazing horse and he and I have a great bond like no other. But you are going to sell him? :shrug:
But in retraining him i'd like to have seveal different people to get on him and ride. I dont want him to get used to just one person riding him and then sell him and have problems
because he's been so used to me riding and no one at my barn is anywhere near experienced enough [B]except one girl and she's fallen off [/B]Sounds like your horse should be sent to a professional trainer. :shrug:
and even though she's an adult her parents wont "let" her ride calypso. So if you feel like you'd be up for it send me a pm and we can go from there.
So basically you are asking for experienced unpaid riders to ride your "race" horse and risk injury? :whistle: Hoping that someone will help "retrain" him so you can turn around and sell him for a profit.
Thanks a bunch!

Wow!

fredsaid2

Calypso is an OTTB. I am retraining him because he was not properly retrained when he was retired. I am not experiencing any issues except he is still wanting to think he is a race horse. No this is not a paid ride...i'm sorry but why would I pay anyone to ride my horse when they are not my trainer...I am my own trainer; I solely want to have him experience other riders on him. He is located in hollywood and no there are no insurance requirements. Any rider will be required to sign a liability release both from myself and the place I board. They will also be required to sign paperwork saying they will not ride without me being notified or without me being at the barn.

Good luck finding someone with the experience you need w/o paying them. If his mindset is that he's "a race horse" I'd be very cautious putting anyone on him until he's more settled and going consistently. Maybe your best avenue is to find a trainer for yourself.

S

Sunkist

It sounds like you're asking for an exercise rider or perhaps a working student?

I vaguely remember a rider asking for horses to ride you may be able to search for her posts or she might check in and see your post. I can't remember her name though, sorry.

This! I dont want anyone training him I want someone to ride him so i am not the only one to be riding him. I have never in my 20 so years of riding-though some of it while i was small- heard of paying someone to ride a horse to gain experience of being riden from another person

loriv

Everyone play nice please. There's no need for name calling. The main concern is that this horse ends up in a home where they have a stable (no pun intended), safe, and loving experience. The timing of the move doesn't matter at this point, the objective now has to be to find him a suitable buyer. Given that, you will be highly unlikely to find someone with the riding/horsemanship experience you're seeking without hiring them. You may receive several offers to ride your horse, but you will likely find the riders are not what you're seeking... but you can always try. Your best bet will be to continue working with your horse, not worry about him becoming molded to you only, and concentrate on finding him a suitable owner. Anyone interested in buying him will understand he's OTT and very green. And if he has good ground manners there are a lot of people willing to work with any riding issues that might exist. Good luck in your search.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I have to sell him my husband and I are moving to bremerton washington in may and dont have 3 grand to ship him.

You should check around with some other shippers. $3k sounds higher than the "going rate". I can recommend two great companies:

Equine Express: Equine Express N.A. Inc. Horse Transportation - Horse Hauling Services - Coast to Coast Horse Hauling and Shipping - Pilot Point Texas - Equine Express N.A. Inc.

And

Doyle Bloodstock: Doyle Bloodstock Transportation Inc.

I've dealt with both for long haul and Doyle imported a horse for me. I was very happy with the service and price from both.

fredsaid2

Everyone play nice please. There's no need for name calling. The main concern is that this horse ends up in a home where they have a stable (no pun intended), safe, and loving experience. The timing of the move doesn't matter at this point, the objective now has to be to find him a suitable buyer. Given that, you will be highly unlikely to find someone with the riding/horsemanship experience you're seeking without hiring them. You may receive several offers to ride your horse, but you will likely find the riders are not what you're seeking... but you can always try. Your best bet will be to continue working with your horse, not worry about him becoming molded to you only, and concentrate on finding him a suitable owner. Anyone interested in buying him will understand he's OTT and very green. And if he has good ground manners there are a lot of people willing to work with any riding issues that might exist. Good luck in your search.

Be specific and direct this to the OP. Also, she hasn't made it clear the horse is for sale at this point. Her request is for additional riders. She will be inundated with teen-age trainers who have no idea, even with their impressive 10 years of riding, they are fairly rank beginners. It sounds like she is overfaced and I again recommend she seek out a reputable trainer.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
I agree with Phyxis check for better quotes for transport.
the average rate is usually $1.00 per loaded mile. However some larger Shippers can do it a bit cheaper.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Julie I still have that nice bay appendix mare..nice mover 4 sale..stop by..

I had a horse shipped here from Salah Wash a couple years ago for $950