looking for an experienced rider

S

Sunkist

That wasn't nice. :nono: In your 20 some years of riding you've never been exposed to transportation costs?

Nope because I've always had access to a trailer. Now since my parents are no longer breeding and have sold their trailer and I moved out of AR I don't have the ease of access to a trailer

S

Sunkist

You should check around with some other shippers. $3k sounds higher than the "going rate". I can recommend two great companies:

Equine Express: Equine Express N.A. Inc. Horse Transportation - Horse Hauling Services - Coast to Coast Horse Hauling and Shipping - Pilot Point Texas - Equine Express N.A. Inc.

And

Doyle Bloodstock: Doyle Bloodstock Transportation Inc.

I've dealt with both for long haul and Doyle imported a horse for me. I was very happy with the service and price from both.

Thank ya ma'am I'll look into them

sb624

This! I dont want anyone training him I want someone to ride him so i am not the only one to be riding him. I have never in my 20 so years of riding-though some of it while i was small- heard of paying someone to ride a horse to gain experience of being riden from another person

so you being the "mighty trainer" you are, would have no problem getting on someone elses OTTB who still had the race horse mindset, and not get paid? Exercise riders get paid, people who school other peoples horses get paid, trainers get paid.. You having someone else ride your horse shows that you cannot do it alone- therefore whoever does it should be compensated for helping "train" your horse- and like someone else said, you want other people to train your horse for free, so you can turn around and make a profit.. people like you give the legitimate equestrians who aren't cheap a bad name!

S

Sunkist

so you being the "mighty trainer" you are, would have no problem getting on someone elses OTTB who still had the race horse mindset, and not get paid? Exercise riders get paid, people who school other peoples horses get paid, trainers get paid.. You having someone else ride your horse shows that you cannot do it alone- therefore whoever does it should be compensated for helping "train" your horse- and like someone else said, you want other people to train your horse for free, so you can turn around and make a profit.. people like you give the legitimate equestrians who aren't cheap a bad name!

No actually I wouldn't mind helping someone out if they asked me to. If they wanted me to train the horse yes I would expect payment but this is not training this is riding aroudn a pen for half an hour so he gets used to different riders. And not on a daily basis for a month or more straight! I'm done discussing this I am not in any position to deal with everyones BS my bird just had a heart attack for some ####ing reason! Good day! :bawl:

Juicey

Found this on craigs list ...... very strict requirements for a freebie!!!

I have an ex race horse gelding that I am retraining and I would like to have someone else who is willing to ride him to get him used to people besides me. You will be required to ride 2-3 times weekly and ONLY if I am there. Would prefer the morning time around 930. You MUST sign liability waivers for myself and the place where I board. This is a non-paying "job". Email with pictures of your self on horses and a "resume" of sorts of your riding experience.

sb624

Found this on craigs list ...... very strict requirements for a freebie!!!

I have an ex race horse gelding that I am retraining and I would like to have someone else who is willing to ride him to get him used to people besides me. You will be required to ride 2-3 times weekly and ONLY if I am there. Would prefer the morning time around 930. You MUST sign liability waivers for myself and the place where I board. This is a non-paying "job". Email with pictures of your self on horses and a "resume" of sorts of your riding experience.

yeah- this is insane.. sounds just like the OP though!

sb624

No actually I wouldn't mind helping someone out if they asked me to. If they wanted me to train the horse yes I would expect payment but this is not training this is riding aroudn a pen for half an hour so he gets used to different riders. And not on a daily basis for a month or more straight! I'm done discussing this I am not in any position to deal with everyones BS my bird just had a heart attack for some ####ing reason! Good day! :bawl:

its not BS, its simple questions/statements..

i'm sorry- i couldnt help but laugh about the bird.. it never crossed my mind they could have a heart attack.. ?

Wisecrackin"

this one?

really wishing I coudl find someone to take this frucking Quaker parrot. $150 and he's gone to the first person to come get him.

problem solved :yay:

shilo

this one?

really wishing I coudl find someone to take this frucking Quaker parrot. $150 and he's gone to the first person to come get him.

Gee Sunkist,
Would that happen to be the quaker parrot I gave you for FREE that you swore you loved??? If so, RIP poor little Indy.

S

Sunkist

this one?

Wow quoting from my facebook...you stoop real ####ing low. I wanted him gone but I didn't want him dead

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Wow! That's all I have to say.

I was wondering when the drama was going to start in this thread, who knew it would be over a bird.

I found out the hard way that Febreeze kills birds. I had no idea until I read the really fine print on the bottle after my bird died.

PrepH4U

I was wondering when the drama was going to start in this thread, who knew it would be over a bird.

I found out the hard way that Febreeze kills birds. I had no idea until I read the really fine print on the bottle after my bird died.

Ahh I am sorry Bay_Kat :huggy:

nomoney

SQUAAWK.!!!!.....sorry...is it too soon?

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
:popcorn:

This thread is effing hilarious.

OP - you're probably not going to find a true experienced rider to ride your OTTB for free. I personally wouldnt consider fulfilling the aspects of your request without some sort of compensation. It would be different if a friend asked the favor of me, but for a stranger... my time is worth more than that.

And I think that most experienced riders would feel the same, especially if they already have horses of their own.

Also, shop around for shippers. $3k is about the norm for that distance, but you can always hagle with people. Try uShip - The Online Shipping Marketplace - Ship Freight, Furniture, Cars or Moves.

Either way... I hope you find something that works for you.

Theres my .02 for the night. Im in a bad mood so it probably came thru in this post so sorry :howdy: