Looks or personality

leslie3977

I've seen a post on here before money or love? But, what about looks? Let's say you met someone who had a great personality but wasn't that attractive. Would you date him/her? Or turn that around and say you met someone you find very attractive but their personality was lacking. Would you date them?

I'm just wondering other people's views is all. My mom called me yesterday and asked me if I was dating someone. I said yes and the first question was is he tall, dark and handsome? Then she immediately said not that it matters and so I was like then why ask? Especially why make that the first question?

Shouldn't you be more concerned about him being nice, treating your daughter right, and your grandkids right?

I do think he's very good looking I just want to see if everyone thinks looks are important enough to be at the top of the list.

Kerad

Personality is more important than looks. Of course there is a "minimum standard" when it comes to looks...there has to be some bit of physical attraction.

That said...when it comes to dating, I'm more attracted to an "average" looking girl with a killer personality, than a "supermodel" with the personality of wet cardboard.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I've noticed the more "into" somebody you are, the better looking they become. :shrug:

But I've spoken to some very handsome GQ kind of men in my time who had the personality of a wet noodle and the iq of a rock. Both are absolute turn offs. If I can't be mentally stimulated...well then I don't get stimulated.

So are looks most important to me? The answer is no. Intelligence is. However, good looking sexy intelligent men with great charisma and charm do exist. :biggrin:

Pete

Repete
It is tough being smart, charismatic, charming and drop dead gorgeous. :diva:

Last edited:

leslie3977

I've noticed the more "into" somebody you are, the better looking they become. :shrug:QUOTE]

That is so true! And the opposite is true as well. Maybe you found someone attractive in the beginning and they turn out to be a complete jerk you're left thinking "What the heck did I see in him to begin with, he's ugly!"

SamSpade

migtig said:
I've noticed the more "into" somebody you are, the better looking they become.

A woman I used to date said that "women become attracted to the one they love and men love the one they're attracted to". That's close to my observation.

SamSpade

Kerad said:
Personality is more important than looks. Of course there is a "minimum standard" when it comes to looks...there has to be some bit of physical attraction.

That said...when it comes to dating, I'm more attracted to an "average" looking girl with a killer personality, than a "supermodel" with the personality of wet cardboard.

That squares with my experience almost perfectly. Before long, the "average" looking girl has the most beautiful eyes you've ever seen, and the best smile on the planet. In a good relationship, your partner grows even more attractive to you, with time.

Good looks get attention, personality keeps it.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
:scary-ugly:

I prefer a low light environment.

That or I use the squirt gun I keep with me to shatter all the bulbs as I enter.

... On the bright side, the plastic surgery went well.

Attachments

• 6f8.jpg
    6f8.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 86
Kyle said:
I prefer a low light environment.

That or I use the squirt gun I keep with me to shatter all the bulbs as I enter.

... On the bright side, the plastic surgery went well.
Kyle! Did you get a hair weave? You look like you have more hair now!