Crime LOOTING: Victoria's Secret in Waldorf

BernieP

Resident PIA
In what universe do these gals think they are not going to get caught and go to jail? I can't figure out what they plan to do with the goods. You know those big butts aren't going to fit in that Victoria's Secret stuff.

While they have a photograph, they will still need a witness to ID them and probably a witness to testify in court since they will content the photo isn't good enough.
Let's face it, with a jury of their peers, all bets are off.
If they didn't think they would get away with it, they probably wouldn't have tried.

limblips

PREMO Member
Your choice, my point is that more people think like that, the more people like these two can decide they will do stuff like this. If there was a real risk of physically being stopped, there would be less of it. This isn't about VS, or some cheap garment. It's about society deciding enough of this crap is enough and taking steps to stop it when you see it. Risk? Yep, sure is. Risk in everything you do. For me, the positive gain is worth the risk.

I agree 100% but guess what, as soon as you attempt to stop one of them and physically touch them, some liberal lawyer and judge will make you the perp and them the victim.

MarieB

Has to start somewhere.....

Maybe, but you never know how far these idiots were willing to go. The employees probably saw it happening too. Most retail employees are advised to not try to stop someone

As for the quality of VS,(as someone else mentioned) I only ever had a problem once years ago and customer service took care of it right away. I haven't had a problem since

littlelady

God bless the USA
So let's just see if we can follow your thought process...

"Entitlements" cause people to walk into stores and steal things? So then there must have been no theft prior to Social Security, Medicare, Food Stamps and Unemployment benefits...right?

The theft of a few panties or whatever these two idiots stole from VS is indicative of the downfall of America? Is it the act of thievery itself or the particular panty design that indicates the downfall of America?

And...in your mind, with your detailed understanding of the US system of govt and laws, it is acceptable to shoot someone for stealing panties from a VS? I'll have to go back and research newspapers from the 1950/1960s....I expect to see a plethora of reports about dead or wounded frat boys on college campuses across America.

Yes, I view incidents like this one as examples of the deterioration of America. Also, I didn't suggest the thieves should have been shot on the spot, I was suggesting how important it is for Americans to protect themselves. Who knows when people like this will try to get into our homes because they feel 'entitled' to do so, and want our stuff. Better to be safe than sorry. As for the rest of your commentary, I don't feel the need to respond to it. It is gloomy outside, but do try to have a great day!

lovinmaryland

They will sell the stuff, I'm sure.

The more important question to me is why didn't the person filming it just report these women or alert the store personnel? Good Lord - it wouldn't have taken much at all to just say HEY! These women are stealing! No, they had to have their 15 minutes of fame. They should be arrested for aiding and abetting.

Most places the only people that are allowed to question or stop someone from stealing is the loss prevention person or security. People have actually been fired for doing it. Pretty crazy.

glhs837

Power with Control
Maybe, but you never know how far these idiots were willing to go. The employees probably saw it happening too. Most retail employees are advised to not try to stop someone

As for the quality of VS,(as someone else mentioned) I only ever had a problem once years ago and customer service took care of it right away. I haven't had a problem since

Then go farther, preferably lead the way. Employees are one thing, citizens are another. Part of being a citizen, to me anyway, is helping society resist negative influences. I think being willing to look the other way and rationalize not acting is part of the reason we have ended up with this culture of incivility and petty crime being just watched, not stopped. Police cannot be everywhere all the time, and I think it's incumbent upon citizens the not just say "Meh, not my job". This is our circus, and those are our monkeys.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I agree 100% but guess what, as soon as you attempt to stop one of them and physically touch them, some liberal lawyer and judge will make you the perp and them the victim.

Exactly, I would have no problem beating them up to stop the robbery. But when I start to think about going to jail and paying lawyers big bucks for trying to do a good deed thats when I become a bystander.

They need to have laws in place to protect someone who is actively trying to stop a crime. Similar to the good Samaritan laws that protect you if you injure someone while performing CPR.

Last edited:

mitzi

In what universe do these gals think they are not going to get caught and go to jail? I can't figure out what they plan to do with the goods. You know those big butts aren't going to fit in that Victoria's Secret stuff.

The jeans this girl is wearing don't fit her big butt either. They just squeeze it on below the belly fat. Doesn't matter if it's their size or not. I knew woman that said "I wear a 7", yes because the size 7 in underneath the fat with the fat hanging over and half you a$$ showing.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
I read that today. You know. Entitlement, and all.
A few months ago I would have disagreed with you about the whole Entitlements thing. HOWEVER, just a few weeks ago, during one of my YouTube marathons, I came upon a video where a black teen robbed a home in Florida and ended up being shot dead by the homeowner; who had been previously been robbed at least once.

The real kicker was when the news team interviewed the dead teen's sister and one part of it went like this:

Sister: "You have to look at it from every child's point of view who was raised in The Hu-ood. How he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school?"

It was one of those moments where I had to pause and ask myself if she really said what I thought she said.

The comment starts at 2m30s

[video=youtube;W1JkZKSj6mI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1JkZKSj6mI&t=2m30s[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1JkZKSj6mI&t=2m30s

This is just the beginning. America is in a perilous position, and it might be coming more from within, than without. Having firearms is a really good idea, and a right; last time I checked.

According to Strauss and Howe in The Fourth Turning, human civilization is a collage of various cycles: economic, renaissance, etc. The full master cycle tends to come and go every 80 years, primarily due to human generations and how by the 4th generation, they have forgotten everything the first generation learned and it starts all over. Anyway, this current time we are in now is the end of that 80 year megacycle where the worst of all things are coming together. The good news is that the following cycle will be a fresh start...once we get through this mess.

The world governments, conglomerates and money controllers are corrupt. While many believe the powers that be are ready to implement their final stages for world conquest, I believe that they are really on the edge of going over the cliff and will become the powers that WERE. With the blessing of the internet, more and more of their dirty deeds are becoming known (the Panama papers, all of the perverts being outed, the intentional attempts to destabilize the middle east being revealed, the hidden details of 9/11 in the secreted 28 pages coming out, etc.). The money system is on the edge of collapse globally. While there is the potential for complete and utter disaster if there is a financial collapse, I tend to believe there is some divine intervention nudging us in the right direction. Just getting the truth into the Mass Consciousness is enough to turn the tides. We make our own reality in what we believe. That's why real leaders are soooo important; they help us believe that we can do good things as a society. Unfortunately, its been a very long time since we've seen any real leaders at the top levels. Fortunately, this country has many great leaders at the lower levels, like the good people who run our small businesses, local churches, and the schools where a real education is top priority.

Well, that answer really took a turn :)

Last edited:

Blister

It's brazen because those women know that nobody will confront them for fear of being beaten or killed. Let's get real: if these were white women, one of the VS people would have come over and tried to stop them.

I don't think so. I was checking out at Dick's in St. Charles recently, at the mall entrance registers. An older white woman exited the store into the mall and the theft alarms went off and everyone noticed. I asked the young black lady checking me out why no one was responding and she told me that she would be fired if she confronted a shoplifter, and she recognized the lady as a frequent visitor that always seemed to set off the alarm.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't think so. I was checking out at Dick's in St. Charles recently, at the mall entrance registers. An older white woman exited the store into the mall and the theft alarms went off and everyone noticed. I asked the young black lady checking me out why no one was responding and she told me that she would be fired if she confronted a shoplifter, and she recognized the lady as a frequent visitor that always seemed to set off the alarm.

Wait, let me make sure I understand:

You can go into Dick's and steal stuff and nobody will stop you?

Like, can I take anything or does it have to be something I can conceal under a coat or stick in my purse?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The only time I've been stopped when the exit alarm has gone off was at Best Buy, the cashier didn't remove the whodidjobber. Usually we go back when we set the alarm off because invariably the cashier wasn't diligent on checking for the anti theft tags. :shrug:

littlelady

God bless the USA
A few months ago I would have disagreed with you about the whole Entitlements thing. HOWEVER, just a few weeks ago, during one of my YouTube marathons, I came upon a video where a black teen robbed a home in Florida and ended up being shot dead by the homeowner; who had been previously been robbed at least once.

The real kicker was when the news team interviewed the dead teen's sister and one part of it went like this:

Sister: "You have to look at it from every child's point of view who was raised in The Hu-ood. How he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school?"

It was one of those moments where I had to pause and ask myself if she really said what I thought she said.

The comment starts at 2m30s

[video=youtube;W1JkZKSj6mI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1JkZKSj6mI&t=2m30s[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1JkZKSj6mI&t=2m30s

According to Strauss and Howe in The Fourth Turning, human civilization is a collage of various cycles: economic, renaissance, etc. The full master cycle tends to come and go every 80 years, primarily due to human generations and how by the 4th generation, they have forgotten everything the first generation learned and it starts all over. Anyway, this current time we are in now is the end of that 80 year megacycle where the worst of all things are coming together. The good news is that the following cycle will be a fresh start...once we get through this mess.

The world governments, conglomerates and money controllers are corrupt. While many believe the powers that be are ready to implement their final stages for world conquest, I believe that they are really on the edge of going over the cliff and will become the powers that WERE. With the blessing of the internet, more and more of their dirty deeds are becoming known (the Panama papers, all of the perverts being outed, the intentional attempts to destabilize the middle east being revealed, the hidden details of 9/11 in the secreted 28 pages coming out, etc.). The money system is on the edge of collapse globally. While there is the potential for complete and utter disaster if there is a financial collapse, I tend to believe there is some divine intervention nudging us in the right direction. Just getting the truth into the Mass Consciousness is enough to turn the tides. We make our own reality in what we believe. That's why real leaders are soooo important; they help us believe that we can do good things as a society. Unfortunately, its been a very long time since we've seen any real leaders at the top levels. Fortunately, this country has many great leaders at the lower levels, like the good people who run our small businesses, local churches, and the schools where a real education is top priority.

Well, that answer really took a turn :)

Thanks for all the food for thought. Very interesting. And, thanks for the info/perspective of Strauss and Howe. I have never reviewed/studied that/them. Never too old to learn, and all. :smile: