Love or Money

Love or Money

• Love

Votes: 43 70.5%
  • Money

Votes: 18 29.5%

• Total voters

Geek

If you had to choose a partner based on Love or Money what would you pick? Poll answers are anonymous so you can be honest.

buddy999

It's Great to be American
Geek said:
If you had to choose a partner based on Love or Money what would you pick? Poll answers are anonymous so you can be honest.

Love is always the most important reason for choosing a wife/husband.

If you marry for money and you loose it, it's gone and you've lost everything.

If you marry for looks it's even worse. Beauty is hard to maintain as we get older dispite all our best efforts. Once it's gone, there's still nothing left.

If you marry for love and you work at being in love it can last beyond eternity and grow stronger with age. Love is easier to keep as long as you're honest with each other and noone can steal it from you and it doesn't wither with age.

M

Mousebaby

buddy999 said:

If you marry for looks it's even worse. Beauty is hard to maintain as we get older dispite all our best efforts. Once it's gone, there's still nothing left.

If you marry for love and you work at being in love it can last beyond eternity and grow stronger with age. Love is easier to keep as long as you're honest with each other and noone can steal it from you and it doesn't wither with age.

:yeahthat: :clap: I married for looks the first time, boy did I get stiffed. This time I married for love and it just so happens that I got love, looks and money! :yahoo:

K

Kain99

buddy999 said:

No truer words.... Have ever been spoken. :huggy:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
I married for love the first time and when she left she took all my money. Still love is something that you must have to keep a relationship going... She always said she married for love the first time but would look for money the next. She only dated Lawyers, Doctors, Business men and finally married a guy who works for the city of baltimore who probally does not make any more then I did when she left me.

Still with out love and friendship its a lonely relationship.

M

Mousebaby

Dougstermd said:
I married for love the first time and when she left she took all my money. Still love is something that you must have to keep a relationship going... She always said she married for love the first time but would look for money the next. She only dated Lawyers, Doctors, Business men and finally married a guy who works for the city of baltimore who probally does not make any more then I did when she left me.

Still with out love and friendship its a lonely relationship.

:huggy:

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
buddy999 said:

Well said :yay: :yay:

:huggy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've already tried love twice. If it doesn't work out with me and Larry, I'm going for the money next time. :yay:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
"Things" never quite nurture the soul like the love of someone who gives you a million kisses every day, or rub your feet in the morning before leaving as a gentle way of waking you, or bring you coffee in bed as a thoughtful gesture time and time again. Or make you feel safe and secure when you're scared.

There was a time when I probably could've gone either way, or more towards money, but not now.

signora

Mousebaby said:
:yeahthat: :clap: I married for looks the first time, boy did I get stiffed. This time I married for love and it just so happens that I got love, looks and money! :yahoo:
I think a majority would like both. But when it comes down to it, I think even though people say they only want to marry for $, it's really love they are looking for. We live in a materialistic society so we would all like things we can't always afford, which does put a strain on a relationship when the finances are not there.

Even though love may be easier, couples do grow out of it for various reasons. So unless you constantly work on the relationship and keep the communications, etc., going it's hard to get back the feelings of love for one another once it's gone.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mikeinsmd said:
I love money. Can I marry Fort Knox?
I would marry Fort Knox and name our daughter "Opportunity" :biggrin:

Money may not buy love, but it sure buys some awful good substitutes.

Cowgirl

I hate to do this...but Dr. Phil said something like "If you marry for love, you work for every penny." Or something like that...

CMC122

Go Braves!
I've never understood why people equate a happy relationship with material items....... House, cars, bling..... how is that a relationship?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
CMC122 said:
House, cars, bling..... how is that a relationship?
Houses don't snore.
Cars don't drink too much and act stupid.
Bling doesn't watch football all day.

When was the last time you got annoyed with your house, your car or your bling?

:lol:

CMC122

Go Braves!
vraiblonde said:
Houses don't snore.
Cars don't drink too much and act stupid.
Bling doesn't watch football all day.

When was the last time you got annoyed with your house, your car or your bling?

:lol:
Got it:roflmao:

That's why if I ever get divorced I'm never remarrying:lmao:

BlackSheep

The Love vs. Money Test
(How would you answer these simple little questions?)

1. Would you ask your fiancée to sign a pre-nuptial agreement?

2. You've been dating someone for almost a year when you find out they are heavily in debt. Would you end the relationship?

3. Your spouse cheats on you and, to make up for it, buys you a new Mercedes. Do you forgive them?

4. Would you support your partner if they were a struggling artist?

5. If you are being set up on a blind date, do you:
Insist on knowing what they do for a living before accepting
Ask what they do for a living after you've accepted.
Agree to the date-no questions asked.

6. Would you refuse a date with someone if they didn't have a car?

7. If married, would you have separate checking accounts?

8. Is the size of the engagement ring important?

9. Would you refuse to go out with a fast food clerk?

10.Would you marry a 90-year-old billionaire?

You tell me-money or love??!!!