• Love

Votes: 43 70.5%
  • Money

Votes: 18 29.5%

• Total voters

Cowgirl

BlackSheep said:

The Love vs. Money Test
(How would you answer these simple little questions?)

1. Would you ask your fiancée to sign a pre-nuptial agreement?

2. You've been dating someone for almost a year when you find out they are heavily in debt. Would you end the relationship?

3. Your spouse cheats on you and, to make up for it, buys you a new Mercedes. Do you forgive them?

4. Would you support your partner if they were a struggling artist?

5. If you are being set up on a blind date, do you:
Insist on knowing what they do for a living before accepting
Ask what they do for a living after you've accepted.
Agree to the date-no questions asked.

6. Would you refuse a date with someone if they didn't have a car?

7. If married, would you have separate checking accounts?

8. Is the size of the engagement ring important?

9. Would you refuse to go out with a fast food clerk?

10.Would you marry a 90-year-old billionaire?

You tell me-money or love??!!!

1. No, and I wouldn't marry someone who asked me to sign one.
2. Not necessarily...it depends on what the debt was from, and if they were seriously trying to pay it off.
3. Hell no. Cheating means the end of the relationship. Period.
4. Yes, because my field of work doesn't pay all that well...and I know what it's like to do something you love but not get rich.
5. The first one, because that also determines what a person is like.
6. It depends on why they don't have a car.
7. No.
8. Definitely not....
9. Yes, probably. I do have limits when it comes to that...
10. No....a 90 yr old anything is too old.

signora

1. No, and I wouldn't marry someone who asked me to sign one.
-------------------
But what if you were the one w/the $ would the same still apply?

Cowgirl

Well, the question was "would you ask your fiance to sign a prenup" and I said no. I don't think it's right to marry someone if you think you need a prenup. Of course, I'm not rich...the question may be different if I was a millionaire or something...but I'm not. I can't see being in love with someone but also being afraid they're going to just marry you for your money.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
All of my relationships have never been true love so I am at the point that I have no clue what it is. Mistaken lust and infatuation many a time as love but it wasn't. SO if I must make a choice it would have to be money if it's ok with him then I surely have no problem with it. I love myself enough and my friends and family love me a lot too. So, as long as this man is an awesome person and we get along and have the same goals. Love should come just like it does in friendships and family.

signora

LexiGirl75 said:
All of my relationships have never been true love so I am at the point that I have no clue what it is. Mistaken lust and infatuation many a time as love but it wasn't. SO if I must make a choice it would have to be money if it's ok with him then I surely have no problem with it. I love myself enough and my friends and family love me a lot too. So, as long as this man is an awesome person and we get along and have the same goals. Love should come just like it does in friendships and family.
You just haven't found it yet, but do give up and just settle for anyone. When you meet that special person, you will know.

Vince

Married for love the first time. She left me for someone she wanted more. More money, more looks, etc. Won't marry again.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Vince said:
Married for love the first time. She left me for someone she wanted more. More money, more looks, etc. Won't marry again.

After I cook you dinner and make you my famous peach cobbler you will eat those words. :love:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
signora said:
You just haven't found it yet, but do give up and just settle for anyone. When you meet that special person, you will know.

Thanks for the inspiration. :flowers:

Whenever I decide to get married there will be a list of reasons behind the decision and I would definitely want love to top the list so I won't give up but I'm not intending to marry for money either, I would rather make my own millions than marry into someone else's so no settling will be done at all. I'm not sure I could actually do that anyway being a Virgo. :lmao:

signora

LexiGirl75 said:

Whenever I decide to get married there will be a list of reasons behind the decision and I would definitely want love to top the list so I won't give up but I'm not intending to marry for money either, I would rather make my own millions than marry into someone else's so no settling will be done at all. I'm not sure I could actually do that anyway being a Virgo. :lmao:

Your welcome. True. :lmao: The only thing I find is that when you get older & become more independent as a single person - you start setting your standards too high of what you want.

J

jaybeeztoo

LexiGirl75 said:

Is there really a Virgo curse :twitch:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
signora said:
you start setting your standards too high of what you want.
There is NOTHING wrong with that. The problem comes when desperate women "settle" for some schmuck who isn't worth the powder it would take to blow him to hell.

signora

vraiblonde said:
There is NOTHING wrong with that. The problem comes when desperate women "settle" for some schmuck who isn't worth the powder it would take to blow him to hell.
I agree, but there are some that want/except too much that they could let a really good person walk by because their standards were too high.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
vraiblonde said:
I love you Vrai. :lmao: Just turned down a date today for that reason - no settling for me.

Pete

Repete
vraiblonde said:
<------------------street------------>