Low carb bread

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
we get this from giant

multi-grain-bread-with-sesame-flax-and-poppy-seeds.jpg

Backerhaus Sliced Multigrain Panini Bread

https://www.instacart.com/giant/products/3128505-backerhaus-sliced-multigrain-panini-bread-per-lb

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dave's is good but for me Ezekiel 4:9 (sprouted grain flour) is better texture wise and can be had with 0 sodium. Stores stock it frozen. I pull out a couple slices at a time and defrost in the fridge.

I like Ezekiel bread, too, but Dave's is always at the grocery store, and I can only find Ezekiel at the health food places.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I like Ezekiel bread, too, but Dave's is always at the grocery store, and I can only find Ezekiel at the health food places.
Really? Most of the stores around here carry it - SFW, Giant, Weis...even Walmart. It is very expensive for bread - about $7 for a loaf.

Bonehead

It is available here as jazz lady said, but if you take weeks to use a loaf 7$ isn't too bad. If you try it don't start with the low sodium as you will miss the salt. I am used to the taste now.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've been eating Mission low carb tortillas for years. I'm making breakfast pigs in a blanket in the airfryer right now with them. They also stand in as a low carb pizza crust.

You'd never be able to tell the difference from regular flour tortillas (the whole wheat ones are as gross as regular whole wheat tortillas).

PeoplesElbow

I've been eating Mission low carb tortillas for years. I'm making breakfast pigs in a blanket in the airfryer right now with them. They also stand in as a low carb pizza crust.

You'd never be able to tell the difference from regular flour tortillas (the whole wheat ones are as gross as regular whole wheat tortillas).
La Tortilla Factory and Ole are much better than the Mission ones.

PeoplesElbow

I have been buying Schmidt's Old Tyme 647 bread for a few months. Never had a problem with it, but found out it has a short shelf life, especially now that the weather has warmed and it is more humid.

Bought a loaf last Thursday night from Giant, opened the package Friday morning to remove two slices, resealed it, stored it in the cupboard, and didn't touch it again until Sunday morning. Took two slices out and saw they were moldy, then looked at the rest of the package and all of it was completely moldy.

Lesson learned: store it either in the fridge or freezer. I did take it back to Giant and they refunded my money and gave me a new loaf.
I eat the Schmidts 647 bread too, but for a change of pace the Natures Own "Sugar Free" is almost as low carb and usually a bit cheaper.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I eat the Schmidts 647 bread too, but for a change of pace the Natures Own "Sugar Free" is almost as low carb and usually a bit cheaper.
I found that, too, and there is a loaf in the freezer. I like the 647 better but it is my backup.

mitzi

Remember the days when if your mom didn't use White Wonder Bread you were weird? :lol:
I can't remember the last time I ate French Toast.

Builds strong bodies, 12 ways. Back in the day we ate a lot of white bread. Toast in morning, sandwiches for lunch and there's was always a plate of bread on the table at dinner time. But nobody was overweight!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Builds strong bodies, 12 ways. Back in the day we ate a lot of white bread. Toast in morning, sandwiches for lunch and there's was always a plate of bread on the table at dinner time. But nobody was overweight!

Bread and butter at the dinner table - every single night. We ate a TON of carbs back then.

Bread and butter at the dinner table - every single night. We ate a TON of carbs back then.
Difference is... we were hella active. No one sat inside watching tv or you tube or playing video games all day. I spent the entire summer outside, on the beach from 6am to 10pm and walked or biked everywhere.

Wow, you must have been rich. We ran through the sprinkler.

:razz:
:lol: Not too many beaches in the midwest if I remember my geography....

No, not rich. We were on the bottom of lower middle class. My mom and dad just made some very good decisions when buying a house. We were beyond fortunate.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Remember the days when if your mom didn't use White Wonder Bread you were weird? :lol:

My Mom made all the bread we ate growing up. Big batch of loaves, made and baked every Saturday. Started with wheat straight from the bin and made the flour.. I still remember as a kid the first time I was handed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, at a friend's house, on what I now realize was Wonder bread or equivalent. I thought it was like eating toilet paper or something...I was like "da fuq is THIS?" To this day I still can't stand it and won't eat it.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Never liked white bread.

Lately the only one I buy is Arnold multigrain or 12 grain.