Lunch

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
sexy video art GIF by Zita Nagy

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Had brunch at Island Hideaway. Pretty disappointed with it. Birthday girl picked the place. She too was disappointed. Good company though!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
What disappointed you? I was going this week to meet an old friend for lunch.
The food. The service and long wait to get our food. I made a reservation on Friday and the table was going to be in the middle of the room when two window tables were open at the window. Nope. And people that came in after us were served before us. I think they "forgot" our order. Also, don't tip on their suggestion. They include the tax in that. It should only be on the food/drink order. Your choices are 20, 22, 25%.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The food. The service and long wait to get our food. I made a reservation on Friday and the table was going to be in the middle of the room when two window tables were open at the window. Nope. And people that came in after us were served before us. I think they "forgot" our order. Also, don't tip on their suggestion. They include the tax in that. It should only be on the food/drink order. Your choices are 20, 22, 25%.
Sorry to hear. I had a couple of poor meals there and was hoping they got their act back together. 1st time I was there was shortly after they first opened, terrific meal. Went again a few months later, the pecan crusted fish I had was stone cold in the center, sides were disappointing.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Sorry to hear. I had a couple of poor meals there and was hoping they got their act back together. 1st time I was there was shortly after they first opened, terrific meal. Went again a few months later, the pecan crusted fish I had was stone cold in the center, sides were disappointing.
We all have had good meals there before, hopefully it was just an off day.

I also had the pecan crusted fish before and it was delicious! Not on the regular menu. It was a special. Sorry yours wasn't so good.

ontheriver

We all have had good meals there before, hopefully it was just an off day.

I also had the pecan crusted fish before and it was delicious! Not on the regular menu. It was a special. Sorry yours wasn't so good.
I've eaten there a couple of times and it was really good. Haven't been there for a while.
Maybe we'll hit the Lighthouse...

ontheriver

Had brunch at Island Hideaway. Pretty disappointed with it. Birthday girl picked the place. She too was disappointed. Good company though!
Went to Island Hideaway for lunch today. Everyone's food was very good. Maybe it was an off day for you.
I had the seafood pasta parmesan alfredo. Yum

ontheriver

Lobster mac for lunch and a giant fruit salad. Watermelon, orange segments, strawberries, pineapple, banana and melon with a bit of whipped cream on top. Friend took enough fruit salad home for her 3 boys.