Lusby man dies after dog attack

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Well I just hope the man is now at peace. I just saw the news segment on Fox 5 and it's very easy to get attached to our pets but sometimes it is better to let them go when they become a problem. It's real sad what happened.

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
Three pit bulls; one shot dead on the scene, two taken away.

Those poor babies. They've lost their friend, and now they'll probably be put to death as well for only doing what any pack of dogs - german shepards, rottweilers, poodles, daschunds, etc - would do.

:sarcasm:

Pandora

BuddyLee said:
Darwin award winner.

Is it logical to be 80 and have three vicious pit bulls?

Hmmm...

Buddy, I bet if that man was living and you just said he was 2 years older than he really is, he would have slapped the crap out of you.

It wasn’t that long ago, I said my grandmother was 83, and she made sure to correct me. She said I’m 82, with a heavy emphasis on the 2 along with an evil eye.

Who knows what really happened until the medical examiner comes back and gives his or her report, but here is one thing that did stick out.

Last summer, he said, he asked Tomco about a bandage on his forearm and was told it covered a pit bull bite.

This could be the problem that was ignored and ultimately lead to a disaster.

:shrug: Maybe? Or maybe he collapsed and the dogs viciously tried to get him to wake up. The article said he had previous heart problems, so don't be so quick to pass out the Darwin Award just yet. :flowers:

Last edited:
Sadysue said:
What makes me mad is it probably wasn't even a pit pull. When the police write the report, any dog/stray/mix that remotely looks like a pit is called a pit bull and the breed gets a bad name. :burning:

Just my 2 cents.

I have a pitt bull, she is WONDERFUL.
Yeah, you NEVER hear about all the vicious Beagle or Basset hound attacks.

greyhound

Pitbull fighting was very popular in Calvert County. It was a huge business. I don't know if it is still as common as it once was but I know that it was going on all over the county. Pitbulls were being bred just for fighting. agressive dogs were prized. This is why the breed has a bad rep. Anytime you breed a dog for certain charateristics you are going to have trouble.

greyhound said:
Pitbull fighting was very popular in Calvert County. It was a huge business. I don't know if it is still as common as it once was but I know that it was going on all over the county. Pitbulls were being bred just for fighting. agressive dogs were prized. This is why the breed has a bad rep. Anytime you breed a dog for certain charateristics you are going to have trouble.
Maybe it was a bad picture, but did that dog in the cage look like a pit bull?

L

ladylara

saw this on the headline news ticker scroll last night - couldn't believe my eyes!

for what it's worth - we had an amazing docile basset hound that we raised from 2 month old pup to 8yrs. she wouldn't hurt a fly.

then she attacked my first born 1 yr old and bit her face.

it broke our heart in so MANY ways - but she now lives with a wonderful lady in western maryland thanks to the basset rescue. the whole thing was horrific - but i now see dogs - ALL dogs - in a different light.

my daughter is doing fine - but i'm reminded daily simply seeing the tiny scars on her beautiful face. heartbreaking.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
desertrat said:
Maybe it was a bad picture, but did that dog in the cage look like a pit bull?

I have to agree, like you said maybe it is the picture but that dog appears to look like it is some kind of lab mix.

AK-74me said:
I have to agree, like you said maybe it is the picture but that dog appears to look like it is some kind of lab mix.
That's what I thought, the muzzle and forehead look too narrow.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I hate to speak ill of the dead but only someone none to bright would have 7 of ANY large breed dog. There will be issues when it comes to dominance, food, toys, attention, etc. IF he had bite wounds on his hands and arms it leads me to think that 2 or more dogs probably got into a fight amoungst themselves and he was probably trying to break them up. I've had two make Pit Bulls one with an attitude problem and had to break up a couple fights; you get bit. Couple that with his age and medical condition well it's really no wonder he kicked it. I bet he died of heart failure or over exertion from his own actions. We'll likey never hear about it though because it's not as sensational as a PIT BULL ATTACK!!!! :jameo:

This argument is old. :bigwhoop:

cholo

Lusby man dies after do... 05-11-2006 06:51 AM F*** you, you dumb idiot...I hope you get attacked by 16 poddles and f***ing die..so I can LAUGH at your dumb Ass

:lmao:

Note that I had to edit that to make it postable (is that a word?).

What is a poddle anyway?

cholo

BuddyLee said:
Darwin award winner.

Is it logical to be 80 and have three vicious pit bulls?

Hmmm...

I could be mistaken, but I thought I heard on the news last night that he lived with his daughter; that she was the owner of the dogs and he didn't like that she had them.

cholo said:
Lusby man dies after do... 05-11-2006 06:51 AM F*** you, you dumb idiot...I hope you get attacked by 16 poddles and f***ing die..so I can LAUGH at your dumb Ass

What is a poddle anyway?
I don't know, but I hope I never run into a pack. :lmao: Maybe a cross between a Pomeranian and Poodle? PODDLE®

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
cholo said:

What is a poddle anyway?

While your comments were rather retarded that was a little over the top. Some people think they'll sway they popular opinion by being even more retarded. Yeah, that usually works.