Mac's Table and Tap

luvmygdaughters

Its where the old Leonardtown Grille was, anybody tried it yet? I'm meeting my daughters there on Friday, just wondering what was good on the menu.

sparkyaclown

Couple of people I know who went weren't impressed which is a shame because the menu did look pretty good. Still up in the air as to whether I'll even bother giving it a shot.

luvmygdaughters

We had one drink at the bar and left. the place was packed and service was very slow. I'm sure its because they are newly opened. We decided to try it again in a month or two.

ShyGirl

Hubby and I went the other day. It was pretty gross. Soggy fries, flavors on my burger seemed odd.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Salsa's is a chain, no taste cafeteria style Mexican food catering to stupid white folks, who have never had real Mexican food. Blech.

Spare me your faux food snobbery.

"Oh, it's not AUTHENTIC! *I* have HAD AUTHENTIC Mexican and THAT is NOT AUTHENTIC! :drama: "

:rolleyes:

I hate that sh*t. Food can be good without being leaves and cow eyeballs.

Now I want to go get a Taco Bell Nacho Cheese Dorito Loco Taco and eat it right in front of your face..... WITH refried beans. :razz:

phreddyp

Spare me your faux food snobbery.

"Oh, it's not AUTHENTIC! *I* have HAD AUTHENTIC Mexican and THAT is NOT AUTHENTIC! :drama: "

:rolleyes:

I hate that sh*t. Food can be good without being leaves and cow eyeballs.

Now I want to go get a Taco Bell Nacho Cheese Dorito Loco Taco and eat it right in front of your face..... WITH refried beans. :razz:
Well, I can see that stupid white people was the correct take on it and this is after you spoke about traveling all across this country. So you mean that in all your travels you managed to not be able to find a real Mexican cantina with authentic Mexican food?

rio

Hubby and I went the other day. It was pretty gross. Soggy fries, flavors on my burger seemed odd.
We went last month and not impressed either. Soggy, cold, greasy fries. Not even sure what it was they tried to call coleslaw. None of the flavors (smokey meatballs, for example) tasted like the description. The French dip was not bad, but not worth the price of being served with other food that wasn't good. DH had the porkchop...not necessarily bad either, but not good, and again, didn't have flavors that went with the description.

CPUSA

Salsa's never disappoints :yay:
I agree Vrai. Salsa's never disappoints...
Not that I haven't had some pretty good Mexican food over the years, but that's not the point.
You leave Salsa's satisfied.

I really only have one problem with it...too many black folk in there, with their lack of manners & all...then I always feel like I have to tip twice as much, to make up for "those people" who don't know how to properly tip...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, I can see that stupid white people was the correct take on it and this is after you spoke about traveling all across this country. So you mean that in all your travels you managed to not be able to find a real Mexican cantina with authentic Mexican food?

I speak fluent Mexican menu Spanish. That doesn't mean I don't also like Tex-Mex or Salsa's or yes, even a Dorito Loco Taco. It doesn't have to be either/or.

It's like people who've been to Italy being all, "Oh, that's not AUTHENTIC :drama: Italian food!" So what? It's still good.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I too enjoy Salsa's. But when I'm in the office, my go to is Fiesta Pollo on Great Mills Road. Delicious!

phreddyp

I speak fluent Mexican menu Spanish. That doesn't mean I don't also like Tex-Mex or Salsa's or yes, even a Dorito Loco Taco. It doesn't have to be either/or.

It's like people who've been to Italy being all, "Oh, that's not AUTHENTIC :drama: Italian food!" So what? It's still good.
Calling Salsa's good is a stretch, edible maybe.