Mail Fraud - Stolen Checks!

DannyMotorcycle

Don't do it!! Send it via an online gift card type of thing.OR maybe through Cash app, Venmo or Zelle

a hacker got into my cashap account, and sent out $750.. The account was empty but it was linked to my capital one account.. $750 was withdrawn and sent to
i don't know who. I tried contacting cashap to no avail. I told capital one about it. They contacted cash ap. Cash ap told them it was a legitimate transaction.
Luckily capital one had given me a temporary refund credit until their investigation was over, and i had withdrawn everything, so i'm not really out $750 but now i have a bad mark on my banking credit system and reputable banks won't want to open a new account with me.. I already had a preexisting credit union and a few other checking accounts so it's not really hurting me but I was taking advantage of offers like $200 and more to open checking accounts with banks but it looks like i can't do that anymore. If you're smart you'll stop using cashap. Zelle is used by the federally insured banks and would be the way to go. If someone does a fraud through them, they could face federal bank fraud charges... but i've stopped using zelle also. They kept having problems wanting me to verify my identity and i was going in to suntrust and they would have to call zelle with an hour hold time.. And then the last time someone sent me $100 for a chromebook i sold and it didn't go through.. Luckily the buyer was a nice fellow Christian and sent the money to me instead of trying to block/avoid me from FB marketplace. (local guy)... So between zelle acting funny and then me trying to use them through discover and still having more problems I don't use zelle anymore either. Discover told me zelle handles their stuff and discover really has no control over anything. So i mean if you want to send money to a family member, zelle can be okay.. anyone else who can disappear i would recommend not using it. Also the other problem with trying to accept zelle at a public meet up, is that the person might not get any signal or they're new to zelle and take forever learning how to navigate the system... so i'm standing around way to long.. so now I sell cash only. Wait I do have pretty good experience with Navy Federals money transfer to other members... but yah' I'm strictly cash.. and if it's a larger amount i'll meet the person inside my bank and deposit it.

FED_UP

I see in SM newsnet that some people got caught stealing checks, and one worked in the post office, over 5 million worth. I would have just taken the first million or 2 and moved out of the country.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I see in SM newsnet that some people got caught stealing checks, and one worked in the post office, over 5 million worth. I would have just taken the first million or 2 and moved out of the country.
Link?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thanks. I'm glad they were caught. I hope they are prosecuted to the hilt.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
At the trial, their attorney will announce that it was just reparations, and they’ll let them go.

Clem72

About damned time!!
Either they grossly underestimated the number of checks these guys stole or there are other people out there doing it. There's no way they took 600 checks total from the millions of people in the area and it would have been as prevalent as it has been down here.

I couldn't get a good number on how many letters go through the WDC, but they do mention they send "1,611 trailers per week" from their center to other out of state centers. That's tractor trailers of non-local mail only.