Mail Fraud - Stolen Checks!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I'd rather not have my mail left on the outer most edge of my porch where it can get rained on or blow away. UPS is the only one that makes any kind of effort when it comes to delivering packages. FedEx or Amazon won't even come up the three steps or ring the doorbell.
Fedex left my huge lightweight box in the driveway during a thunderstorm a month or so ago! There were PULP type egg cartons in the box, some of which got wet. I told the egg carton company about it but never heard back from them. Staying on hold for an hour to try to report something to Fedex is insane!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'd rather not have my mail left on the outer most edge of my porch where it can get rained on or blow away. UPS is the only one that makes any kind of effort when it comes to delivering packages. FedEx or Amazon won't even come up the three steps or ring the doorbell.
I have a doorbell cam that catches them in the act of toss, take a picture and run.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well isn't this great....the thieves are still in business.

Since the rash of check thefts last year, we avoid sending checks as much as possible and no longer use the window envelopes, hand addressing every one sent out.

But one posted to our account yesterday, with payee and payee address all neatly replaced.

I'm 100% convinced that some very high level USPS people are involved in this operation. If that was not the case, the culprits would have been caught and the thievery ended.

TPD

the poor dad
Oh jeez I don’t wanna hear this. I have slowly been returning to window envelopes. I thought someone told me a month ago that the thieves had been caught, though I never read any news articles about it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oh jeez I don’t wanna hear this. I have slowly been returning to window envelopes. I thought someone told me a month ago that the thieves had been caught, though I never read any news articles about it.
I've never read any news articles about these thefts in the first place! USPS threw out a smoke screen about alleged theft of mail from mail boxes. I was convinced then and am even more convinced now, that was fully intended to be a smoke screen diversion from the ongoing theft operations within USPS operations....."look!..over there...squirrel!"

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Well isn't this great....the thieves are still in business.

Since the rash of check thefts last year, we avoid sending checks as much as possible and no longer use the window envelopes, hand addressing every one sent out.

But one posted to our account yesterday, with payee and payee address all neatly replaced.

I'm 100% convinced that some very high level USPS people are involved in this operation. If that was not the case, the culprits would have been caught and the thievery ended.
Postmaster must be getting a cut.

TPD

the poor dad
I just told someone over the weekend that when I went into the bank this week, I was going to ask the branch manager if they were still having issues with stolen checks. I am curious what the answer is now.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I just told someone over the weekend that when I went into the bank this week, I was going to ask the branch manager if they were still having issues with stolen checks. I am curious what the answer is now.
I'll be calling my bank rep after I get off the phone with USPS Inspectors office. I'll be interested to see what she has to say; she did a great job handling the 40K$ of checks that were washed last year.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
This is absolutely absurd. There is no faith left whatsoever in the current administration. I send very few checks, but when I do, I put their glass envelope inside my own security envelope. The receivers must love me.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The U.S. Attorney's Office said that Muchimba deposited $122,065.71 of U.S. Treasury checks into an account at TD Bank under the name Double Blue Investments. When police were able to obtain a search warrant at Muchimba’s house on March 29, 2023, officers also recovered an ATM receipt that reflected a deposit of a $415,173.53. U.S. Treasury check.

He faces 30 years in prison.

He'll not do even a day.

Instead he'll be the next Democrat non-voting Representative from D.C..

Or Mayor.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Saw this but it's probably only 1 of many
All of the business checks that TPD, I and others around southern MD have had stolen were not stolen by mail carriers or stolen out of any mailbox anywhere. We take our checks to the local post office and mail them directly from inside the building. The thefts can only be occurring at/within the one place that all the southern MD checks are sorted and distributed onward.

Furthermore, the theft operation is highly organized, coordinated and protected. The stolen checks are quickly moved to operators that have an inventory of stolen personal information sufficient to allow them to establish fake bank accounts all over the country, in the name of individuals that have no clue it even happened. Once the account is open, the altered stolen checks are electronically deposited and when the deposit posts, the money is then quickly moved onward to "safe" accounts by the least traceable means.

All of the above makes it damned certain that many/all senior level sheetheads in the Waldorf facility, and probably others, are involved. The USPS has evolved in to being a major crime syndicate.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
All of the business checks that TPD, I and others around southern MD have had stolen were not stolen by mail carriers or stolen out of any mailbox anywhere. We take our checks to the local post office and mail them directly from inside the building. The thefts can only be occurring at/within the one place that all the southern MD checks are sorted and distributed onward.

Furthermore, the theft operation is highly organized, coordinated and protected. The stolen checks are quickly moved to operators that have an inventory of stolen personal information sufficient to allow them to establish fake bank accounts all over the country, in the name of individuals that have no clue it even happened. Once the account is open, the altered stolen checks are electronically deposited and when the deposit posts, the money is then quickly moved onward to "safe" accounts by the least traceable means.

All of the above makes it damned certain that many/all senior level sheetheads in the Waldorf facility, and probably others, are involved. The USPS has evolved in to being a major crime syndicate.
I've started posting the above every where I can think of. Given the many millions of dollars involved, it is my fond hope that the crime syndicate will respond as such syndicates often do. They never encountered a compound like mine.