Maine

T

toppick08

Funny thing is I lived in Az most of my life and there are still tons of places I want to go see there. Again in more depth or for the first time.

Hey desertrat, on that note, I know it gets very hot in AZ. but is it true that the dry heat is not as oppressive as our humid, summer heat, or is it just as bad? Thanks.

Hey desertrat, on that note, I know it gets very hot in AZ. but is it true that the dry heat is not as oppressive as our humid, summer heat, or is it just as bad? Thanks.

It's different and I'd say that when it gets 95 and 95 here it's more uncomfortable. You don't get the feeling of your nose hairs burning when you take a breath though. :lmao:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
There are a few of them in Boothbay Harbor. I have done them. Finback are the ones you normally see.

There is also a sail boat excursion that goes out to Seal Island then to another island for a lobster bake. Mucho cool.
I took a seal watching tour a few years back. It was a chilly day, overcast, but fun. We saw many, many seals and they would come right up to our boat. They are adorable. Unfortunately we didn't have the time for a whale-watching excursion, but that would have been super!

I took a seal watching tour a few years back. It was a chilly day, overcast, but fun. We saw many, many seals and they would come right up to our boat. They are adorable. Unfortunately we didn't have the time for a whale-watching excursion, but that would have been super!

They are so cute when they take the fish you just reeled up to the boat too.

:lmao:

Pete

Repete

Chilly and overcast, you just described most of the weather in Maine :lol: The whale watch out of Boothbay was on a big almost flat bottom ship. That thing wallered around in the swells so bad half the people were barfing the time I went. :lol:

They don't get really close but once the sight a pod they follow it for quite a while.

Pete

Repete
They are so cute when they take the fish you just reeled up to the boat too.

:lmao:

Boy caught a baby seal at Popham beach. We were fishing for striper with an eel and all of a sudden ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. I tired it out and got it on the beach. 2 guys helped me hold it down and I tried to get the hook out. It kept trying to bite me but I finally got it out. I let Boy pet it before we let it go :lol:

Boy caught a baby seal at Popham beach. We were fishing for striper with an eel and all of a sudden ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. I tired it out and got it on the beach. 2 guys helped me hold it down and I tried to get the hook out. It kept trying to bite me but I finally got it out. I let Boy pet it before we let it go :lol:

Pretty cool. I lost a nice flounder to one in Ca and snatched a salmon right in front of ones jaws in Or. He was pissed. Then the guys told me I had to let it go since it was native. So I got to revive him while keeping an eye out for a pissed sea lion. Those salmon put on a heck of a show when a sea lion is chasing them.

Giantone

That's basically what we want to do. Just travel and look about.

That is nice but I recommend going in land and up to Baxter State park .Nice rentable cabins ,Moosehead Lake is great and there is always Mt Katadin to hike or just look at.You can also hit LL Bean on the way back ...just outside of Freeport.:yahoo:

backagain39

I am sure Maine is very pretty but when I think of Maine I think of SNOW!!!!!!!!!!

I want a vacation that is hot with an ocean breeze...............

JULZ

BFJ
OK so you want to go up the coast. Driving, bikes or camper? Fundy is cool and would be the turn around point.

A day in Freeport, a day in Boothbay, stop in Moody's diner in Waldoboro, a day goofing around Camden /Rockland, cruise up to Bangor, Baxter park for a day. Tons of stuff.

Oh and you have to get a case of the original Maine soft drink. It is called Moxie, drink it warm and chug it :killingme.

Do you remember Harris donuts...the best sugar coated chocolate donuts ever....we used to bring them home by grocery bags full.