Mammogram in St Mary's

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Any recommendations for a specific place to get a mammogram? Is it done at the hospital or do some doctors offer this at their office? I would travel to Calvert (no further than Prince Frederick) if needed.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I go to the Bean Building for mine. Also went up to Washington Hospital Center, too, for a more specialized one. Would recommend both places.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Any recommendations for a specific place to get a mammogram? Is it done at the hospital or do some doctors offer this at their office? I would travel to Calvert (no further than Prince Frederick) if needed.

this thread has trouble written all over it

nomoney

talk to your gyno, they'll hook you up with a referral and you can do it right in the hospital , they get you in pretty quick - and its pretty much in and out. Your insurance might not cover it even with a referral though because you're not at the "magic" age yet.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
talk to your gyno, they'll hook you up with a referral and you can do it right in the hospital , they get you in pretty quick - and its pretty much in and out. Your insurance might not cover it even with a referral though because you're not at the "magic" age yet.

:yeahthat: The hospital has a nice womens center.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Yeah, I figured insurance wouldn't cover it yet. I "hear" it's about $100, give or take.

My gyno is in Waldorf, but I'll call and see if they have a referral for someone/where down here.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

belvak

Happy Camper
Just getting in here today. Chasey, I've been to the Bean Center and St. Mary's Hospital. I prefer the hospital. The techs there are really nice and gentle. They also got new digital imaging (I think that's what they are) machines last year. Very accurate from what I hear. :yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

Attachments

• mammogram_costume.jpg
    mammogram_costume.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 88

Jameo

What?!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Just getting in here today. Chasey, I've been to the Bean Center and St. Mary's Hospital. I prefer the hospital. The techs there are really nice and gentle. They also got new digital imaging (I think that's what they are) machines last year. Very accurate from what I hear. :yay:

Good deal, thanks! :buddies:

mAlice

professional daydreamer

Ooh! I'll have to give them a try.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I go to St. Mary's Hospital. They have all the "new" equipment now. Great experience, I mean, considering you are having your boobs smashed. Had one done in December of last year. No pain and results back very quickly.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

If you do go to Calvert, I wouldn't recommend the imaging place by the Hospital for a mammogram. Can't think of the name right now. Go to the one off of West Dares Beach Rd. by Safeway. I'm sorry, I'm not much help on that name either, I don't have my phone book handy. I've had 2 good references to the place near the Safeway since I mentioned my experience at the one over by the hospital.

I had an xray of my ribs at that place several years ago, and it was fine. But the mammogram, I did not have a good experience and would not recommend them.

C

CalvertNewbie

Yeah, I figured insurance wouldn't cover it yet. I "hear" it's about $100, give or take.

My gyno is in Waldorf, but I'll call and see if they have a referral for someone/where down here.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

If you call around and find out the price, can you let me know? I asked my doc about it not long ago and was told insurance wouldn't cover it because I'm 35. When I asked if she knew how much out of pocket it would be, she thought about $400-$500 but she wasn't 100% sure on that.