Mammogram

red_explorer

Brem Foundation

Dye Tied said:
I've had more than 2 dozen. It's only uncomfortable and coud be more so depending on when your breasts are tender around your period. The plates are usually cold..:lol: and they put pretty little BB's on yoour nipples for markers. More than once I have forgotten to remove them. Like Catt said, they make you wait then you hear full results 1-2 weeks later.

You should check out www.bremfoundation.org. Go to the website, and it gives you directions on making an appointment with Dr. Rachel Brem at GW. She is the best in the business! SHe is top of the line, and should be covered by anyone's insurance. And you will find out results immediately.

SoMDGirl42 said:
:yay:

I can't wait for the day a woman invents a machine that will squish the penis and testicles and the men will pay to have it done!

There are those of us that have had the wonderful experience of a mammo...
Yes, those plates are COLD! No, it didn't hurt much, just a big squeeze.

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
GWguy said:
There are those of us that have had the wonderful experience of a mammo...
Yes, those plates are COLD! No, it didn't hurt much, just a big squeeze.
I thought you were a guy?

Lilypad

watercolor said:
Coming in october, I have to have my first mammo. I am not sure what to make of it, and am looking for some ideas on things I should expect from it. Like pain wise, what is it like? How long does the actual mammo take? Do they squish you completely flat? How long did it take you to have your dr call you with any results?

Thanks. Just kinda freaked out, as to what is going to happen and what is to come.
You'll get through it just fine-you're 27 and never had one before? How about a pelvic at your OB/GYN, have you had one of them? Good luck! :huggy:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
I've never had one and it's fast approaching.

What about boob size? Does it hurt more for well endowed wimmens (like K_Jo) or less endowed wimmens (such as myself :biggrin:)

nobody really

I need a nap
watercolor said:
Coming in october, I have to have my first mammo. I am not sure what to make of it, and am looking for some ideas on things I should expect from it. Like pain wise, what is it like? How long does the actual mammo take? Do they squish you completely flat? How long did it take you to have your dr call you with any results?

Thanks. Just kinda freaked out, as to what is going to happen and what is to come.

You'll be fine - its a little uncomfy, since they squish your boobies. I have one twice a year because of my family history. I asked the lady who is worse, large boobs or small - and she said believe it or not, small ones (mine are kinda big) because they really have to get the little boobie squished enough on the plate to get a good pic. but don't let that worry you, breast cancer is far worse than any mammogram

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
beachcat said:
You'll be fine - its a little uncomfy, since they squish your boobies. I have one twice a year because of my family history. I asked the lady who is worse, large boobs or small - and she said believe it or not, small ones (mine are kinda big) because they really have to get the little boobie squished enough on the plate to get a good pic. but don't let that worry you, breast cancer is far worse than any mammogram
:jameo: :jameo:

SoMDGirl42

beachcat said:
My bestest friend says she is an A cup (and since she is my bestest friend I'll let her believe that, she's really as flat as a teenage boy). Anyhoooo, since she is so small, it sometimes leaves some bruises on her skin from trying to get it in the machine and having to put herself into the machine so hard.

camily

Peace
I go for my first today at 5:00. My mom had breast cancer at about 42. I'm 36. I'm soo nervous. Not about the test, about the results.

frozenrain

I go for my first today at 5:00. My mom had breast cancer at about 42. I'm 36. I'm soo nervous. Not about the test, about the results.

Hope it goes well:huggy:
I was supposed to start having them from the age of 30 .I will be 32 this August.I did book one at the beginning of this year but could not get to the appointment and have not rebooked.
I hope your mom is all o.k now.

camily

Peace
Hope it goes well:huggy:
I was supposed to start having them from the age of 30 .I will be 32 this August.I did book one at the beginning of this year but could not get to the appointment and have not rebooked.
I hope your mom is all o.k now.

She's doing great, thanks. An 18 year survivor! :yahoo: