Mammogram

camily

Peace
I had cervical carcinoma-in-situ years ago so I guess I worry that I have a "predisposition" or something. Is there any basis to that belief?

SoMDGirl42

Hell no! Guys have endocrine systems too, and when they need attention, there are only just so many tools available for testing.

I've actually known two men that had breast cancer. Sometimes women forget that just because men don't develop breasts, they can't get breast cancer. Not true. The cancer can grow in the nipple or around the general area. Self breast exams aren't just for women :yahoo:

belvak

Happy Camper
Camily, good luck today!! :huggy: I just had my yearly mammo a few weeks ago at St. Mary's Hospital. They have a new digital machine, so no nipple jewelry!! :lol: I got the letter from the hospital with the results, and the call from my doctor one week later. I would have to say it's definitely uncomfortable, but not terribly painful.

camily

Peace
how comes? I was just wondering how you got on.

Palpable lump before the test. I go Friday for a diagnostic mommogram and ultrasound. I felt it before and thst is one reason I wanted to get the mammo. When I mentioned it she felt and sure enough there it was. I wasn't going to post it but what the heck. Might as well. Hopefully just a cyst or something. My mother did have breast cancer at 44 though and I'm 36.

belvak

Happy Camper
Palpable lump before the test. I go Friday for a diagnostic mommogram and ultrasound. I felt it before and thst is one reason I wanted to get the mammo. When I mentioned it she felt and sure enough there it was. I wasn't going to post it but what the heck. Might as well. Hopefully just a cyst or something. My mother did have breast cancer at 44 though and I'm 36.

:huggy:

K

Kain99

My Mammo hurt like Holy Ass Hell! Doc told me that my pain was likely connected to my use of caffine.

Hurts bunches but is very quick...

No caffine for a week beforehand.

camily

Peace
My Mammo hurt like Holy Ass Hell! Doc told me that my pain was likely connected to my use of caffine.

Hurts bunches but is very quick...

No caffine for a week beforehand.

Well, I blew that in a big way then. I love my coffee.