Mammograms

I called the Bean office in Hollywood and got my appointment for April 1st. The lady who answered the phone was so rude. Once i gave her my birth date (im 27) she was like why are you getting a mammogram, Your too young. We don't do them unless your 35 and above with family history of breast cancer. You need to call your doctor back. When i finally got a word in i asked her why do women get mammograms? The lady said because they either found a lump in the breast and family history. I said well my doctor and I found 2 lumps in my right breast and i have family history of breast cancer. Can i please have my appointment date. I can't stand people who think because your in your 20's you can't get breast cancer. I hope i don't have a bad time when i get there. Thanks for the info. I am more worried about the stupid lady who works there. I just want to smack the sh!t out of her!
Switch your appt over to the hospital. They were all patient and very accomodating when I had to make my appt. And I was seriously in, undressed, squashed, re-dressed and walking out all in 15 minutes time.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Switch your appt over to the hospital. They were all patient and very accomodating when I had to make my appt. And I was seriously in, undressed, squashed, re-dressed and walking out all in 15 minutes time.

:yeahthat: I avoid the Bean building and doctors at all cost. I have had great experiences at the Womens Center at the hospital.

SoccerMom2

I am going to try. I was surprised how fast i got the appointment. Great timing too. My Dad will be town. I have a free babysitter so Hubby doesn't have to take off work. Thinking positive here...lol!

D

dems4me

I called the Bean office in Hollywood and got my appointment for April 1st. The lady who answered the phone was so rude. Once i gave her my birth date (im 27) she was like why are you getting a mammogram, Your too young. We don't do them unless your 35 and above with family history of breast cancer. You need to call your doctor back. When i finally got a word in i asked her why do women get mammograms? The lady said because they either found a lump in the breast and family history. I said well my doctor and I found 2 lumps in my right breast and i have family history of breast cancer. Can i please have my appointment date. I can't stand people who think because your in your 20's you can't get breast cancer. I hope i don't have a bad time when i get there. Thanks for the info. I am more worried about the stupid lady who works there. I just want to smack the sh!t out of her!

Ughh... what a royal PITA... reminds me of Civista. I had something similiar and needed it done in late 20s early 30s and called and scheulded one. I get the courage up, take off time from work, show up... they just "assumed" I was there for a screening given my age, so they kept my dr. PX and told me to come back next week, their mamamogram taker person was gone for the day.

Again, I take time off from work, get the courage up for this test... they couldn't find my dr. PX that they insisted on keeping and tried to convince me I just needed a screening, by the time my drs. office faxed over ANOTHER PX for the actual test (not a screening)... the mammogramer lady had gone home again. I was told to come back in a week... did this again...

FINALLY got the test on third attempt there. It was my first one I ever did. I just thought she was being extra mean to me (squishing and pain) because they were mad and I'd thrown a fit... but you know... 3 days of work leave for one freakn' test? UFB. I agree with others. You dont need the attitude, who's to say whether they'll read your tests with anymore sincerety or blow you off like they did making the appointment. Good luck!

SoccerMom2

Ughh... what a royal PITA... reminds me of Civista. I had something similiar and needed it done in late 20s early 30s and called and scheulded one. I get the courage up, take off time from work, show up... they just "assumed" I was there for a screening given my age, so they kept my dr. PX and told me to come back next week, their mamamogram taker person was gone for the day.

Again, I take time off from work, get the courage up for this test... they couldn't find my dr. PX that they insisted on keeping and tried to convince me I just needed a screening, by the time my drs. office faxed over ANOTHER PX for the actual test (not a screening)... the mammogramer lady had gone home again. I was told to come back in a week... did this again...

FINALLY got the test on third attempt there. It was my first one I ever did. I just thought she was being extra mean to me (squishing and pain) because they were mad and I'd thrown a fit... but you know... 3 days of work leave for one freakn' test? UFB. I agree with others. You dont need the attitude, who's to say whether they'll read your tests with anymore sincerety or blow you off like they did making the appointment. Good luck!

You can't put an age on cancer or any other kind of disease.

D

dems4me

You can't put an age on cancer or any other kind of disease.

Exactly!!!!! I ended up never going back for followup or anything I was soo discouraged. I waited a good 10 or 12 years before doing this again. Then at Calvert they wanted to compare it to the one at Civista and kept telling me to bring a copy. I said "forget it" its not going tohappen. Just pretend I'm just now starting out with all this. I was NOT going to deal with them again for nothing. Good luck with everything!! :huggy:

SoccerMom2

Exactly!!!!! I ended up never going back for followup or anything I was soo discouraged. I waited a good 10 or 12 years before doing this again. Then at Calvert they wanted to compare it to the one at Civista and kept telling me to bring a copy. I said "forget it" its not going tohappen. Just pretend I'm just now starting out with all this. I was NOT going to deal with them again for nothing. Good luck with everything!! :huggy:

Thanks i need it. I feel so much better now. Thanks everyone!:yahoo: :buddies:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I got mine done in Prince Frederick...can't think of the name right now, Patuxent Imaging?? over by Safeway. They are owned by the same company that owns the place in Pembrooke. The scheduling office sucks. For some reason they assumed that I wanted an appointment in Waldorf, even though I dialed the PF number. It rolled over to a centralize switchboard, but it still should have been apparent that I'd dialed the PF number...anyway, I went over to PF and they had no record of my appointment. They realized the problem and took me in anyway. Very nice people. I've had other experiences with them and they were all positive.

n0n1m0us3

why so serious

Yeah I can relate got my first mammogram at 18 (as well as lump removal surgery) no fun but better than cancer :)

SoccerMom2

Yeah I can relate got my first mammogram at 18 (as well as lump removal surgery) no fun but better than cancer :)

I hope that's all it is. I think i caught it early. If it turns out to be cancer i would remove both breast, then get big fake ones...lol!