Mammograms

rpexie

.:Georgia Peach:.
I called the Bean office in Hollywood and got my appointment for April 1st. The lady who answered the phone was so rude. Once i gave her my birth date (im 27) she was like why are you getting a mammogram, Your too young. We don't do them unless your 35 and above with family history of breast cancer. You need to call your doctor back. When i finally got a word in i asked her why do women get mammograms? The lady said because they either found a lump in the breast and family history. I said well my doctor and I found 2 lumps in my right breast and i have family history of breast cancer. Can i please have my appointment date. I can't stand people who think because your in your 20's you can't get breast cancer. I hope i don't have a bad time when i get there. Thanks for the info. I am more worried about the stupid lady who works there. I just want to smack the sh!t out of her!

What! Omg... Wow. What a #####! I would have told her all about herself! You need to tell the doctor when you go in. I had a horrible receptionist at my OBGYN once that was so hateful, I finally went off on her and then I informed my OB what an uber##### they had at the front desk and she was pretty pissed and said she had gotten several complaints about her. After that she was nice as pie! Im sure it was fake but I could care less!

SoccerMom2

What! Omg... Wow. What a #####! I would have told her all about herself! You need to tell the doctor when you go in. I had a horrible receptionist at my OBGYN once that was so hateful, I finally went off on her and then I informed my OB what an uber##### they had at the front desk and she was pretty pissed and said she had gotten several complaints about her. After that she was nice as pie! Im sure it was fake but I could care less!

I am going to complain. Can you imagine if someone younger than me called and listen to the crap that came out her mouth. I don't want anyone especially a young person to be discourage to going to the doctors to seek help for a lump in their breast or anything for that matter.

J

jp2854

i agree i would complain too because what she did was uncalled for.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Had mine today. Every time I go, I get not only the mammo but also a sonogram. I have cysts, which actually feel like lumps (I have had these for years). I made the appointment yesterday and they got me in today, this was a routine screening ordered by my doc. I even got the results today and am relieved that everything is fine and don't have to go back for a year.

SoccerMom, hope everything goes well with yours, think the worst part is not being able to wear deodorant.

Last edited:

SoccerMom2

Had mine today. Every time I go, I get not only the mammo but also a sonogram. I have cysts, which actually feel like lumps (I have had these for years). I made the appointment yesterday and they got me in today, this was a routine screening ordered by my doc. I even got the results today and am relieved that everything is fine and don't have to go back for a year.

SoccerMom, hope everything goes well with yours, think the worst part is not being able to wear deodorant.

When i went on the 1st they were rude and did not do the mammogram. They said the doc did not order the right test and some other b.s crap. I was so pissed off. Went to my gyno today for my yearly and she ordered all the right test. She was very upset at how i was treated. I am very pleased with what and how things are handled this time. I can't wait to get this thing removed.

Jameo

What?!

The sono on the tatas actually feels kinda good after they get squished :lmao:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Well at least the very beginning of the sono with the warm gel :lmao:

yea, that part wasn't horrible, although the gel was in the warmer all day and she didn't even test it before squirting it all over, surprised, it was a little warmer than I expected.

SoccerMom2

Finally got my mammogram and sonogram done today. They said they couldn't find the lumps. They can feel them. All 3 of them. There are 3 now instead of 2. My armpit is swollen and has been hurting for 3 days now. It's so frustrating. I still go see the surgoen on friday. Hopefully they do a biopsy and get these lumps out of me. It hurts to wear a bra!

Last edited:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Finally got my mammogram and sonogram done today. They said they could find the lumps. They can feel them. All 3 of them. There nare 3 now instead of 2. My armpit is swollen and has been hurting for 3 days now. It's so frustrating. I still go see the surgoen on friday. Hopefully they do a biopsy and get these lumps out of me. It hurts to wear a bra!

If they hurt, they sound more like cysts, and I hope that's all they are. Those are painful, I have two sisters that had to have them removed. I have them, but thankfully my aren't painful so I won't bother with them.

SoccerMom2

If they hurt, they sound more like cysts, and I hope that's all they are. Those are painful, I have two sisters that had to have them removed. I have them, but thankfully my aren't painful so I won't bother with them.

There are no cysit in my armpit though. I just hope they remove them.Maybe then the pain will go away.

B

Bean

There are no cysit in my armpit though. I just hope they remove them.Maybe then the pain will go away.

Doc found a lump on my breast last month. Mammogram showed a torn muscle. No idea how I tore a muscle there and no idea why it doesn't hurt.

SoccerMom2

Doc found a lump on my breast last month. Mammogram showed a torn muscle. No idea how I tore a muscle there and no idea why it doesn't hurt.

Wow thats crazy. My pain has been off and on for about a year now. It doesnt just come with my period.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Wow thats crazy. My pain has been off and on for about a year now. It doesnt just come with my period.

It's probably a cyst due to your complaint about having pain. When they do a biopsy they don't necessarily remove them at that time. That would be a different type of surgery. A biopsy is in/out. Basically they flip you upside down and stick a needle in and then you have to wait on the results before proceeding further.

Also the women's center at St Mary's Hospital is great, so I suggest going there if you can. My doctor refuses to send anybody to the Bean building.

Good luck and think positive.

SoccerMom2

I just called the radiology department to get my films for my doctors appoiintment and the same women was so F'ing rude. She asked me why i needed them if nothing came up. I told her it was none of her buisness and your not my doctor. She kept saying how she doesnt understand why i need them. I asked her if she is refusing to give them to me? She no i can pick them up tomorrow. I said ok and hung up. I should of listen to everyone. The Bean office sucks. The lady's who did my mammmogram and sonogram were excellent. The front office sucks. I will again complain. No one should be treated this way. As soon as i tell her my birthday she gets all rude on me.

Last edited:

Roxie04

I called the Bean office in Hollywood and got my appointment for April 1st. The lady who answered the phone was so rude. Once i gave her my birth date (im 27) she was like why are you getting a mammogram, Your too young. We don't do them unless your 35 and above with family history of breast cancer. You need to call your doctor back. When i finally got a word in i asked her why do women get mammograms? The lady said because they either found a lump in the breast and family history. I said well my doctor and I found 2 lumps in my right breast and i have family history of breast cancer. Can i please have my appointment date. I can't stand people who think because your in your 20's you can't get breast cancer. I hope i don't have a bad time when i get there. Thanks for the info. I am more worried about the stupid lady who works there. I just want to smack the sh!t out of her!
I think I would have to find out the name of her supervisor while i was there............