Mandatory Masks in SMC Again?

Grumpy

We is employee #1- "oh look, there's that fat guy the good doctor told us about'
We is employee #2= "Lets get him"

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
^I rarely wear a mask unless I'm at Lowe's where it is required for employees.
Masking did not prevent me from getting a probable non-COVID virus that ruined Labor Day weekend and a few days either side.

BTW, the Mrs. and I did get the Pfizer 2-part. Doc thinks the elevated heartrate I now have may be an after effect.

TPD

the poor dad
OMG just told my story to my daughter- she had a similar experience at Sheetz this week. Cashier didn’t want to take her money till she put a mask on. My daughter didn’t put a mask on. She paid for her stuff and walked out but she said the cashier was on her hard about wearing a mask. Is this just happening to my daughter and I? Has anyone else been told lately to wear a mask In a store?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I swear the good dr has passed my mugshot around to every business in SMC. Tonight I’m in the We-Is in the Square, minding my own business while my wife checks off her list, standing in the Health & Beauty aisle all by myself, when a We -Is employee tracks me down and tells me I need a mask! WHaT?!?! Only about 50% of the customers are wearing masks. I did not hear or see her tell anyone else they need a mask. She informs me we are under a state of emergency and masks are now required. I inform her that yes we are under a state of emergency but masks are not required in SMC. She informs me there are signs on the door and she offers to show me. I tell her I don’t need to see them and that masks are not required and they don’t work. She looks at her phone to look for the state requirement, doesn’t find it then informs me that it is company policy. I inform her I don’t have a mask and am not wearing one. She goes back to the front of the store, I return to minding my own business.

My wife was a couple aisles over, maskless - nothing said to her. She told me it was only because I was the only younger white guy in the store that the poc woman employee approached me. Who knows. We buy our groceries and walk out with the woman standing guard at the door while others come and go maskless and she says nothing.

There is some type of sign on the door but it doesn’t say masks required, more to the effect that everyone should wear a mask. I go in there at least once a week and have never had issues, until tonight. Just a very weird encounter.

You're a marked man. :lol: Good for you standing your ground but what the hell? You didn't whip out the phone and put her on candid camera, blast her all over the internet? Didn't the progs say that's what we're supposed to do now?

Reactions: TPD

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Cashier didn’t want to take her money till she put a mask on.

At Sheetz??

Okay, now I get it - you're too nice looking and bottom feeders think they can boss you. If you looked menacing they wouldn't have said a word to you. Work on your resting bitch face and I'll bet they won't bother you again.

PeoplesElbow

OMG just told my story to my daughter- she had a similar experience at Sheetz this week. Cashier didn’t want to take her money till she put a mask on. My daughter didn’t put a mask on. She paid for her stuff and walked out but she said the cashier was on her hard about wearing a mask. Is this just happening to my daughter and I? Has anyone else been told lately to wear a mask In a store?
No, I just came from Lowes, Five Below, Harris Teeter and Walmart and nothing was said to me, also saw others unmasked.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
No, I just came from Lowes, Five Below, Harris Teeter and Walmart and nothing was said to me, also saw others unmasked.

Well, you are a wee bit intimidating...

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I'm in GM Sheetz every other day without a mask - wth?! As are plenty other people walking around in there. Hell, half the employees usually have it around their neck, chin, and lower lip.

Grumpy

She's a rebel and she'll never ever be any good
She's a rebel 'cause she never ever does what she should