Many cutting the cord on cable/satellite

Dakota

~~~~~~~
The router I bought went up to $135 and it was on sale for $89.99 on amazon and it is blazing fast.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Archie is talking about why we don't need gun control and I swear Edith reminds me of a neighbor. :killingme

I am so glad I have no plans this weekend and just about all my Christmas shopping can be done on my computer.

It's gonna be a lite gift giving xmas on my end. I'm over my head in critter bills and will be glad if I get gift cards to places I can buy critter food like Tractor Supply and Petsmart or Walmart.

I was buying clearance items the past few months, so the gifts are decent considering I paid on average $15 per person. Only have 2 people left to buy for :yay:.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I bought the Roku 2 for $49.91 off Amazon on Saturday but the price is back up to $79.99. I will check the sales ads this weekend and let you know if I see any sales. I really want to get my dad one of these. He would love it!!! It would suck if I had to pay more to get him one than what I paid just 'cuz it is Christmas and it is so popular.

I have a HDTV so the 3 works for those per what I saw online.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
It's gonna be a lite gift giving xmas on my end. I'm over my head in critter bills and will be glad if I get gift cards to places I can buy critter food like Tractor Supply and Petsmart or Walmart.

I was buying clearance items the past few months, so the gifts are decent considering I paid on average $15 per person. Only have 2 people left to buy for :yay:.

2 of my 3 cats have been sick so I know how vet bills can be.... :ohwell: The old girl has arthritis pretty bad but the supplements are really helping her. My middle cat is just malnourished but also has some behavior problems we are working with... other than that...

I have a very short Christmas list...

- my kids
- my 2 neices
- my 1 nephew
- a gift for a gift exchange
- my dad and his wife

My sister and I are not exchanging this year. We pull names on my husband's side of the family and that really helps. I wish I could lure my dad into doing the same thing. I find gift exchanges fun!!!

Last edited:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
This little box is amazing. I love it... totally love it!!!

In fact, I am going to be pretty tired at work tomorrow if I stay up much longer.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Will I be able to easily use different TV's (living room, bedroom, etc) or does that complicate things?
one per TV
I was checking online and for Roku 3 the best price was $88 at Walmart.

Search Results for roku at TigerDirect.com

Check the resolution on your TVs. If it's not 1080P, go with one of 720P resolution Rokus

I've got a HMDI cable hooked up to the TV and the audio RCA cables plugged into an Aux input on a stereo. Love the Blues/Rock channel on Pandora running through the stereo

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I could live without it because I watch so little TV.

You know... my dad and step-mom have everything but they don't have a Roku. I'm buying them one of these for Christmas.

I download all the Tv Shows I watch

Dakota

~~~~~~~
one per TV

Search Results for roku at TigerDirect.com

Check the resolution on your TVs. If it's not 1080P, go with one of 720P resolution Rokus

I've got a HMDI cable hooked up to the TV and the audio RCA cables plugged into an Aux input on a stereo. Love the Blues/Rock channel on Pandora running through the stereo

Actually, if you don't mind the hassle, you could move your box from TV to TV - of course you'd be unplugging and plugging in but it is far easier than moving a cable box from place to place, IMO.

BTW :yawn: the coffee cannot brew fast enough this morning for me.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
2 of my 3 cats have been sick so I know how vet bills can be.... :ohwell: The old girl has arthritis pretty bad but the supplements are really helping her. My middle cat is just malnourished but also has some behavior problems we are working with... other than that...

I have a very short Christmas list...

- my kids
- my 2 neices
- my 1 nephew
- a gift for a gift exchange
- my dad and his wife

My sister and I are not exchanging this year. We pull names on my husband's side of the family and that really helps. I wish I could lure my dad into doing the same thing. I find gift exchanges fun!!!

The most recent kitty we accepted was a very thin but large black kitty that showed up at the Waldorf Motel. Someone may have dumped the kitty after finding out the lady who works there is a kitty lover. That gal is responsible for 7 kittens/cats we accepted this year. I felt-up (lol) the newest kitty as much as I could (while she was in cage with heating pad in the barn) to feel for do-dads, didn't feel any, so it's probably a female. Very sweet and loving and VERY HUNGRY. I have 3 kitties going to HS next week for vetting including the newest black one. The others are a feral caught on my property with roundworms (threw them up ewww) and a 5 month old kitten that is sweet as can be but appears to be part feral.

One of the 9 kittens we have available recently peed on the rug in several places so I caged her, and she is no longer available for adoption (Mrs. Howell). I will have to place her as a barn cat. I will not knowingly adopt out a critter with a potty problem - no one wants a kitty that pees on the floor.

onelove6366

Doesn't watching the shows on line burn up a lot of data? We are on a 15 GB per month plan with no other options available. I dropped Direct TV several years ago and we pulled from the air for quite a while which was fine for the most part. I discovered RT! Our home had a really nice old fashioned antenna on the roof that worked great however it was pretty much destroyed during the deracho and I've been back with Direct TV ever since but hate spending the money even for the lowest level they offer when the channels I WOULD be interested in that I get are showing stupid crap like Pawn Stars, Swamp People and the like instead of HISTORY. We watch PBS more than anything. I'm really ready to send Direct TV packing again but would like to know what options do we have to grab more TV out of the air. We are just not sure what type of antenna to buy.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Doesn't watching the shows on line burn up a lot of data? We are on a 15 GB per month plan with no other options available. I dropped Direct TV several years ago and we pulled from the air for quite a while which was fine for the most part. I discovered RT! Our home had a really nice old fashioned antenna on the roof that worked great however it was pretty much destroyed during the deracho and I've been back with Direct TV ever since but hate spending the money even for the lowest level they offer when the channels I WOULD be interested in that I get are showing stupid crap like Pawn Stars, Swamp People and the like instead of HISTORY. We watch PBS more than anything. I'm really ready to send Direct TV packing again but would like to know what options do we have to grab more TV out of the air. We are just not sure what type of antenna to buy.

I have no limits on streaming....

You know what would be a great business for this area?

Somebody who specializes in installing and connecting roof antennas for those who want to cut the cord.

I upgraded our directv 2 months ago and I've had a few issues - including right now, because we have been on and off with service the past few days. The tech comes out in the morning but still... it is hassle. I don't watch that much TV but when I do, I want it to work. You know... how silly of me right? :ohwell:

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
I found this one
PlayOn | Watch Free Online Movies, Shows, Live Sports on Your TV and More | PlayOn

While the program is running on your computer you have access through your home network to most networks.

I start the program and then access the PlayOn app on the Roku

I haven't used the Playon app in a while, however the last time I used it I was not impressed. I was more unimpressed by the Roku we had (XD iirc). Menu was not very well developed, streaming in HD was rare, even with the new router. I have had better a better experience using the Xbox, and our smart TV. We use Chromecast for the Projector.

We havent had cable in over a year and I have never had a urge to go back.