Marijuana should be legal...

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by Spoiled
Marijuana should be legal, there is little-no reason that it should be illegal...

Sure, lets make it legal and tax the crap out of it.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Re: Re: Marijuana should be legal...

Originally posted by IM4Change
Sure, lets make it legal and tax the crap out of it.
And make the rebellious teenagers who really only smoke pot b/c it's illegal move onto something more dangerous. :rolleyes:

K

Kizzy

Re: Re: Re: Marijuana should be legal...

Originally posted by Nickel
And make the rebellious teenagers who really only smoke pot b/c it's illegal move onto something more dangerous. :rolleyes:
I was being facetious.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Re: Re: Re: Re: Marijuana should be legal...

I was being facetious.
I figured. I'm just elaborating on why it would be a bad idea. :shrug:

ylexot

Super Genius
Marijuana should be legal, there is little-no reason that it should be illegal...
What a great argument with so many scientific facts! :dork:

I'm not necessarily for or against legalizing pot. What I am for is a consistent set of criteria that should be applied to all substances (including currently legal substances like alcohol and tobacco). Criteria should be things like addictiveness, harmful side effects, etc. There should also be "levels" of legalization: all legal all the time (i.e. caffeine), legal over a certain age (i.e. alcohol, tobacco, maybe pot), legal for medication with doctor's prescription (i.e. morphine), and completely illegal (i.e. crack).

I also think that if pot is made legal, it needs the same penalties for driving under the influence. Anybody know of something equivalent to a breathalyzer for pot?

J

justhangn

1. You're a :dork:

2. Taxing the crap isn't a bad idea Sharon.......beside the revenue it would generate, you could also regulate the purity.

3. Spoiled, you're still a :dork:

4. I've seen quite a few friends fall into the introverted mindset that prolonged THC exporsure causes......

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by ylexot
Anybody know of something equivalent to a breathalyzer for pot?
Yep - the "Ho Ho test". You show them a box of Hostess Ho Hos and if they fall on it like a ravenous wolverine, they're a stoner.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I might have revised my position on drug legalization. If people want to fry their brains on drugs, cool. Maybe they'll OD and die, then there will be that many less dumbshits in the world. :yay:

Two caveats: I don't want to be inconvenienced by druggies and I don't want to have to pay for them.

ylexot

Super Genius
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Yep - the "Ho Ho test". You show them a box of Hostess Ho Hos and if they fall on it like a ravenous wolverine, they're a stoner.
:lmao: :roflmao: :lmao: :roflmao: :lmao: :roflmao:
Good one Vrai!

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I might have revised my position on drug legalization. If people want to fry their brains on drugs, cool. Maybe they'll OD and die, then there will be that many less dumbshits in the world. :yay:

Two caveats: I don't want to be inconvenienced by druggies and I don't want to have to pay for them.

EXACTLY!!!!! :notworthy

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know what else would work for me? If all these stoners sat around getting wasted and forgot to go out and vote for John Kerry. LEGALIZE! AND DO IT QUICKLY!!!

Spoiled

People can smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol, why not throw pot into the mix? You can OD on alcohol, but you cant OD on pot....

None of the memory or mental affects marijuana has on a person seem to be long-termed, it can also be used to help relieve pain.

It is also thought that cigarettes are more dangerous in terms of cancer... These facts alone should be reason for the legalization of marijuana or the outlaw of alcohol and tobacco

K

Kizzy

Smoking doesn’t affect your judgment, alcohol does, and that is why driving under the influence is illegal and smoking while driving is not.

I have no issue with a person using Marijuana for medical use, making it legal and allowing people to use if for personal use opens a very big can of worms.

1st - How would an officer be able to determine if a driver was high?

I already think 1/2 of Waldorf is high now when I have to make a trip there for anything, but determining that an individual was high on Marijuana at the time of the accident or at the time they killed somebody would be extremely hard to prove if it was legal.

Spoiled

Smoking doesn’t affect your judgment, alcohol does, and that is why driving under the influence is illegal and smoking while driving is not.

I have no issue with a person using Marijuana for medical use, making it legal and allowing people to use if for personal use opens a very big can of worms.

1st - How would an officer be able to determine if a driver was high?

I already think 1/2 of Waldorf is high now when I have to make a trip there for anything, but determining that an individual was high on Marijuana at the time of the accident or at the time they killed somebody would be extremely hard to prove if it was legal.
im sure they could take a saliva test, or some sort of breathalizer...

Spoiled

Originally posted by Nickel
How would you measure the level of intoxication?
Im not a scientist, a doctor, a biologist, or a police man - i have no idea... I dont even know if a saliva test is possible it just logicaly seems to me that it would work