Marijuana should be legal...

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Originally posted by Spoiled
Im not a scientist, a doctor, a biologist, or a police man
I never insinuated that you were, I was just asking a question. I routinely have conversations where the other person and I bounce ideas off each other to try to figure out how something would work. He's not a scientist and neither am I, but we can still have a conversation without copping an attitude.

Spoiled

Originally posted by Nickel
I never insinuated that you were, I was just asking a question. I routinely have conversations where the other person and I bounce ideas off each other to try to figure out how something would work. He's not a scientist and neither am I, but we can still have a conversation without copping an attitude.
there has to be a way to test the thc in someones body, blood test?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Originally posted by vraiblonde
:dur: How about the handy dandy time tested pizz test?
I'm thinking more along the lines of getting pulled over and proving that someone is "under the influence", and if there is a legal limit, determining if they've reached it. If it was legalized of course. Scratch that, it would be awesome to see some pot-head having to pee in a cup on the side of the road to test his level of intoxication.

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by Spoiled
im sure they could take a saliva test, or some sort of breathalizer...

The thing is, you cannot, there is no such thing. Right now, there is 3 ways to determine if somebody has used Marijuana, blood, hair and pee. Blood and hair samples take time, urine test can be flawed and if they ever come up dirty a person should request a retake.

Since Marijuana stays in your system for days, weeks, sometimes a month, how would you differentiate between getting high an hour ago and getting high Saturday night with friends? You cannot, that is why it will never be legal.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
it would be awesome to see some pot-head having to pee in a cup on the side of the road to test his level of intoxication.
See? NOW you're thinkin'! :yay:

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Marijuana should be illegal for ONE reason:

sophmoreparty.jpg

K

Kizzy

BTW, Cannabinoids (THC, Marijuana) stays in your system for 14-60 days..

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I'm pretty sure my cat smokes weed when no one is home, although I don't know who she's getting it from. She is trying to catch the pictures that are hanging on the wall. :crazy:

Spoiled

obviously getting high is a chemical thing, so your brain is releasing some sort of chemical or takingi n some sort of chemical... whcih there must be a way to test, hopefuly is a reasonable way - not a spinal tap or labotamy (sp) or anything?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Two caveats: I don't want to be inconvenienced by druggies and I don't want to have to pay for them.
Well you are already paying for it with the tax funding for the war against drugs. Not exactly sure what inconvenienced is. Could you elaborate?
I'm thinking more along the lines of getting pulled over and proving that someone is "under the influence", and if there is a legal limit, determining if they've reached it.
It’s the same for alcohol, you don’t have to take a road-side test if you don’t want to, but they can take your privilege away for refusing the test. Besides if you have been pulled over you have obviously done something wrong, like crossing the line or driving too slow (since we are talking about stoners). That in itself could be evidence as to being under the influence and requiring a test which could require either a blood or urine sample.
Originally posted by IM4Change
The thing is, you cannot, there is no such thing. Right now, there is 3 ways to determine if somebody has used Marijuana, blood, hair and pee. Blood and hair samples take time, urine test can be flawed and if they ever come up dirty a person should request a retake.

Since Marijuana stays in your system for days, weeks, sometimes a month, how would you differentiate between getting high an hour ago and getting high Saturday night with friends? You cannot, that is why it will never be legal.
There are other test procedures. Something like the home test kits that are being sold that detects the presence of THC, like “Detect Now”. If a driver has been using it in the vehicle trace amounts of THC should be present. If they just left a party and had been doing it wouldn’t trace amounts be on their clothing or person? Technology could come up with a means of testing for recent usage. Now as to impairment, wouldn’t what got you stopped for in the first place be indicative as to how far gone the person is and a positive test would pretty much seal their fate?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Ken King
Not exactly sure what inconvenienced is. Could you elaborate?
I don't want to have to deal with stoners when I'm trying to go outside my house. If they legalize, there should be the same public intoxication laws that they have for alcohol.

K

Kizzy

There are other test procedures. Something like the home test kits that are being sold that detects the presence of THC, like “Detect Now”. If a driver has been using it in the vehicle trace amounts of THC should be present. If they just left a party and had been doing it wouldn’t trace amounts be on their clothing or person? Technology could come up with a means of testing for recent usage. Now as to impairment, wouldn’t what got you stopped for in the first place be indicative as to how far gone the person is and a positive test would pretty much seal their fate?

You are correct, trace amounts would be on fingers, clothing, etc. I would think, but technology and research cost money for these thing. I've read my fair share of reports where a person was pulled over for a seat belt violation and upon approach of the vehicle, the officer detected an odor of alcohol. :ohwell:

And yes, the person then agrees to a test showing a BAC over the legal limits. It doesn't take too much these days to be considered intoxicated, therefore their fate was sealed.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I don't want to have to deal with stoners when I'm trying to go outside my house. If they legalize, there should be the same public intoxication laws that they have for alcohol.
They could have a lot of similar laws as they do with alcohol, like public consumption and the such. I wouldn't want to see anyone driving a car, walking down the street, or sitting on the curb doing it. But what about within the privacy of their own home?

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Well you are already paying for it with the tax funding for the war against drugs. ... Could you elaborate?

I think there's a difference between paying to take care of some kid with a habit as opposed to paying to keep the crap out of my kid's hands. I'd certainly more apt to accept the latter than the former.

IMO.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
driving too slow (since we are talking about stoners). That in itself could be evidence as to being under the influence

Ma'am, you were driving dangerously slow. Would you please step out of the car?

:roflmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hell yeah...

...legalize. It'll give me one more thing to do while I'm driving!

When I was a kid, I drove better stoned. Got better scores in school. People liked me better. It introduced me to supply and demand economics. I was much more easily influenced. I could see where Lenin, Vlad, was going. I could see where Lenon, John, was going. I didn't worry about stupid stuff like 'right and wrong'; if we all just got stoned, it wouldn't matter. People would be too stoned to hurt anybody and/or to stoned to do anything about it.

Nirvana!

Up with dope!

Out with...everything else. Let's get high!

Otter

Nothing to see here
Re: Hell yeah...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
...legalize. It'll give me one more thing to do while I'm driving!

When I was a kid, I drove better stoned. Got better scores in school. People liked me better. It introduced me to supply and demand economics. I was much more easily influenced. I could see where Lenin, Vlad, was going. I could see where Lenon, John, was going. I didn't worry about stupid stuff like 'right and wrong'; if we all just got stoned, it wouldn't matter. People would be too stoned to hurt anybody and/or to stoned to do anything about it.

Nirvana!

Up with dope!

Out with...everything else. Let's get high!

Well, they'll stone ya when you're trying to be so good,
They'll stone ya just a-like they said they would.
They'll stone ya when you're tryin' to go home.
Then they'll stone ya when you're there all alone.
But I would not feel so all alone,
Everybody must get stoned.
Well, they'll stone ya when you're walkin' 'long the street.
They'll stone ya when you're tryin' to keep your seat.
They'll stone ya when you're walkin' on the floor.
They'll stone ya when you're walkin' to the door.
They'll stone ya when you're at the breakfast table.
They'll stone ya when you are young and able.
They'll stone ya when you're tryin' to make a buck.
They'll stone ya and then they'll say, good luck.
Tell ya what, I would not feel so all alone,
Well, they'll stone you and say that it's the end.
Then they'll stone you and then they'll come back again.
They'll stone you when you're riding in your car.
They'll stone you when you're playing your guitar.
Yes, but I would not feel so all alone,
Well, they'll stone you when you walk all alone.
They'll stone you when you are walking home.
They'll stone you and then say you are brave.
They'll stone you when you are set down in your grave.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Does my opinion about drugs have any credibility? I've never tried them, never smoked, and drink only once or twice a year.

The Ron & Fez Show made a good point the other day--what sense does it make for alcohol to be legal but pot to be illegal? They argued that alcohol probably causes much more harm to society than pot. They used the example of drunken fights in bars, and said it's hard to imagine people fighting after smoking joints. I think that argument has some validity, since our current drug laws don't seem to have ideological or legal consistency.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And what about that newer band...

...that sings something like "I had to go to court today...but I got high..."???

Can't remember their name...