Marriage counseling<does it work>

Aristakat02

i will never tell
I would like some imput on marriage counseling if it works , we both say we are willing to try but not sure spouse is 100% good with counseling. We have been together going on almost 14yrs and have a child togther who is 10. seems like I am doing all the work to get counseling everytime I find one she comes up with cost to much excuse, now I am borring money so thats is out of equation. would like some imput not from here just moved here.

thanks for sincere imput

K

Kain99

Two things:

1. Find a great counselor

2. Don't go to the sessions expecting to be vindicated.

It takes two to mess it up and two to fix it! Good Luck!

W

wkndbeacher

I would like some imput on marriage counseling if it works , we both say we are willing to try but not sure spouse is 100% good with counseling. We have been together going on almost 14yrs and have a child togther who is 10. seems like I am doing all the work to get counseling everytime I find one she comes up with cost to much excuse, now I am borring money so thats is out of equation. would like some imput not from here just moved here.

thanks for sincere imput

Best wishes for you and yours, hope things work out!

SShewbert

What love is all about
Two things:

1. Find a great counselor

2. Don't go to the sessions expecting to be vindicated.

It takes two to mess it up and two to fix it! Good Luck!

I agree 100%. Make sure you find a great counselor. My husband and I had to when I was pregnant because of other issues not our marriage. But it ended up being marriage counseling. She pretty much said I was right and he was wrong. While I am sure that for some people that would be great. Yet I knew not all of our problems was because of him and there was no way we could fix them unless she was willing to tell me what I needed to change as well.

W

wkndbeacher

I agree 100%. Make sure you find a great counselor. My husband and I had to when I was pregnant because of other issues not our marriage. But it ended up being marriage counseling. She pretty much said I was right and he was wrong. While I am sure that for some people that would be great. Yet I knew not all of our problems was because of him and there was no way we could fix them unless she was willing to tell me what I needed to change as well.

Exactly, it takes two unless one is the one just messing up completely..which it s easy to see the fault in others instead of ourselves.

Pete

Repete

thanks for sincere imput

I charge $125 an hour and demand 100% obedience. Call my assistant and make an appointment. If you PM Vraiblonde she can send you a coupon for 50% off the first 2 sessions.

mommarock

It can definitely work if you both have an open mind. Check with your insurance company, most of them cover counseling or at least some part of it. They may not cover marriage counseling but will cover family, etc. If you go first then maybe the spouse can come as part of your therapy. Keep in mind that most counselors are probably booked, especially this time of year, but I look at it this way, what can it hurt? I don't think a marriage should end unless all options have been explored and tried. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

W

wkndbeacher

I charge $125 an hour and demand 100% obedience. Call my assistant and make an appointment. If you PM Vraiblonde she can send you a coupon for 50% off the first 2 sessions.

Thats the best deal going, you should take Dr. Pete up on that offer :wench: he only wants to sit down with the wife and discuss the issues and caress the shoulders, its a therapy session. I hear his office is in the back of that massage parlor in the Pinefield Shopping Center.

K

Kain99

Don't sign up to se Pete unless you are prepared for painful honesty! probably not a good way to start. :huggy:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I would like some imput on marriage counseling if it works , we both say we are willing to try but not sure spouse is 100% good with counseling. ....
I am doing all the work to get counseling everytime I find one she comes up with cost to much excuse.

Nope, it won't work. SAYING you're willing and actually BEING willing are two different things. If it costs to much, that means her checking account is more important than the marriage.
Spend your money on a lawyer. Get a seperate checking account, close as many credit accounts as possible.

kldavis21

thanks for sincere imput

First both have to be 100% committed. I've done it, and my spouse was not 100% committed. If you both aren't in it 100% then it will not work. Second find a great counselor, I highly recommend Carol Drury Carol Drury & Associates - Home She is still my independent counselor!!!!! Good luck...

Pandora

Think of the Gawd awful alternative. Divorce, two households, somebody else could eventually be living with and disciplining your kid. Your life will never be the same if that happens so anything is worth a try.

tomchamp

Think of the Gawd awful alternative. Divorce, two households, somebody else could eventually be living with and disciplining your kid. Your life will never be the same if that happens so anything is worth a try.

Never cheat..you forgot that part..it helps. Were you thinking of GAWD then?