Maskless is Dangerous!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

True. But the point is that they are wearing them, have been for a long time and not passing out from CO2 buildup regardless for the reason they have them on.
Another point, and the most important one, of their own free will. No one was forcing them to wear one.

Toxick

Splat
I just feel like everything the media tells me is a lie.

Yeah.

So do I.

Anyway, do we agree that you are more likely to contract Covid if you life in a densely populated area?

We do.

I would go so far as to say that anyone who doesn't believe you're more likely to catch covid (or the cold, or the flu, or measles, or the mumps, or chickenpox or TB) in densely populated areas is off their nut.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Then how are we explaining the exponential surge in the sparsely populated midwest?
Covid-19 is pummeling the Midwest and Upper Plains, particularly states like Iowa, Wisconsin and the Dakotas, in a sustained attack that’s outlasted spikes in coastal hubs.

The Midwest registered more than 65,000 new cases Monday, just shy of half the national total. Kansas and Michigan both reported record case counts, according to Covid Tracking Project data.

Toxick

Splat
Then how are we explaining the exponential surge in the sparsely populated midwest?

We don't. If that's true (and I, by no means, accept anything vomited out of Bloomberg to be the gospel truth), there is an explanation for it. Also, why a sudden surge now - almost a year after some guy in Wuhan said, "Anyone got an aspirin? I think I'm catching a cold."

I may not be a microbiologist, but I know enough about numbers to guess that if all 8 people living in Butthole, IA leave their houses at random parts of the day and go on random errands in other parts of town, and the exact same day 2.5 million people in LA do the same thing, which subset will have more encounters, more close encounters and therefore has a much greater probability of contracting the Rona?

Lemme qualify that last bit. That scenario assumes no malicious, outside, third-party ****ery.

PeoplesElbow

Random human behavior is difficult to account for. That is why I stick to facts such as the difference in size between a virus and a CO2 molecule.

Remember the NBA player saying it was fake and licking the microphone and then getting it?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

The language of that article is fairly ambiguous/alarmist. "Pummeling" "Midwest" "Skyrocketed"

Illinois, which contains Chicago (9 million metro), and Michigan, which contains Detroit (4 million metro), are considered the "midwest". Not a sparse population, and the article indicates those cities are the covid hubs. Heck, even Sioux Falls, SD has almost a million people.

A "spike" in a small city like Lincoln, NE could mean they went from 1 case to 5. If they went from 1 case to 2 cases, "reporters" could legitimately say cases" doubled", which sounds ominous indeed.

A "record" only means it's the highest it's ever been. If they had 2 cases, 3 cases would be a "record high".

This statement:
There are more patients currently hospitalized in the Midwest than in the West and Northeast combined, driven mostly by Illinois and Michigan.
simply cannot be true because of math. The West and Northeast include New York and California, so even if you take the cities of Detroit and Chicago into consideration that sentence cannot possibly be correct.

The article appears to want me to think Broken Bow, NE and Pella, IA are being decimated by covid, which is why the author uses that vague language and alarming verbs. And then he shows his elitist NYC bias by presuming that "midwest" hospitals are small and "widely dispersed". Perhaps he's never actually been to Chicago or Kansas City or Indianapolis and thinks everyone there lives on a farm.

I hate to give Google any props but they do a pretty good job of breaking down the rona.

You can see stats for the whole US or specific states, both cases and deaths, and then get a county breakdown as well, and even do a "per 1 million residents". Interesting stuff.

1stGenSMIB

Random human behavior is difficult to account for. That is why I stick to facts such as the difference in size between a virus and a CO2 molecule.

Remember the NBA player saying it was fake and licking the microphone and then getting it?
I have a friend in SC that thinks he caught it from a microphone doing karaoke in the spring before all the lockdowns. :lmao:

PeoplesElbow

Small Town would depend, for example my town is 8000 people but it say someone had it at a HS Basketball game last March the entire town would have had it soon. The same HS Basketball game in NYC it would be a non-event, nobody but player parents go there, in my hometown if Halloween is on a Friday night they move trick or treating to a Saturday so people are home to treat.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Small Town would depend, for example my town is 8000 people but it say someone had it at a HS Basketball game last March the entire town would have had it soon. The same HS Basketball game in NYC it would be a non-event, nobody but player parents go there, in my hometown if Halloween is on a Friday night they move trick or treating to a Saturday so people are home to treat.

And you bust on my logic..... :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have a friend in SC that thinks he caught it from a microphone doing karaoke in the spring before all the lockdowns. :lmao:

I have been specifically forbidden to do karaoke events at the RV park because everyone sharing a mic made the campground manager go into convulsions with shuddering in horror. Yet right down the road at one of the local bars those sots are doing karaoke every night and everyone is fine.

I'm thinking alcohol kills the rona because the the bar crowd doesn't seem to be having a problem. Maybe rather than a vaccine we all just need to drink more.

:cheers:

PeoplesElbow

And you bust on my logic..... :lol:
What is so illogical about that? In a town of 8000 we would easily get 1000 to a high school basketball game and 4000 to a football game.

Football game wouldnt be that big of an issue because it is outside, but the gym was packed and people would be in close quarters to each other.

Bluecrqbe

OR they could be me, who doesn't give a rat's ass about the overhyped virus and is only wearing a mask in the first place because the Nazis have commanded I do so, and will frequently pull the mask down so I can, you know, breathe and still be technically wearing a mask.
You post things like this a lot, how difficult you find breathing while wearing a mask. You also write how much you enjoy smoking, have you had a scan of your lungs lately? Wearing a mask is uncomfortable, but you shouldn’t experience any breathing issues. It sounds like you are experiencing significant lung capacity deficiencies.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I'm thinking alcohol kills the rona because the the bar crowd doesn't seem to be having a problem. Maybe rather than a vaccine we all just need to drink more.

:cheers:
This has worked very well for me so far. Hell, we were in bars shooting darts up until the 10th of November.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
You post things like this a lot, how difficult you find breathing while wearing a mask. You also write how much you enjoy smoking, have you had a scan of your lungs lately? Wearing a mask is uncomfortable, but you shouldn’t experience any breathing issues. It sounds like you are experiencing significant lung capacity deficiencies.
Nicotine may inhibit the penetration and spread of the virus and have a prophylactic effect in COVID-19 infection, especially in healthcare workers who are at high risk of infection.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nicotine may inhibit the penetration and spread of the virus and have a prophylactic effect in COVID-19 infection, especially in healthcare workers who are at high risk of infection.

See? I told you smoking is good for you.

:razz:

And @MandyP , no I do not have breathing issues. Any time one is breathing through an obstacle the airflow will be obstructed and some (like me) will find that claustrophobic. Monello has COPD so I do an oxygen test with him every so often just for fun and my numbers are perfect.

I am freakishly healthy.

PeoplesElbow

Some masks are harder to breathe in than others. I'm a big guy so I pass a lot of air and most masks don't cause a problem.

I was able to ride my bike a couple miles with one on, I just wanted to see how those expensive elevation simulating masks felt.

Having to wear a mask for extended periods at times for work I tried several and I definitely have favorites and tried one that was just too damn hot outside this summer.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Stupidity is a LOT more dangerous.

MASKS.jpg