Maskless is Dangerous!

mitzi

From the little field mouse,

Am I going to catch the Covid from the little mouse I caught in a trap last week? I think it broke his hips and he was thrashing around. Then he had to LOOK at me. I bet he was thinking "I hope you get sick bi*ch".

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Am I going to catch the Covid from the little mouse I caught in a trap last week? I think it broke his hips and he was thrashing around. Then he had to LOOK at me. I bet he was thinking "I hope you get sick bi*ch".
No, that would be the plague.. the REAL plague, not the COVID baby plague..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Having to wear a mask for extended periods at times for work I tried several and I definitely have favorites and tried one that was just too damn hot outside this summer.

I tried several of them before I found two I can tolerate. One has yellow duckies on it and has an adjustable nose piece that opens it up a bit, and the other is a seascape gaiter. I had a Buc-ees mask that was made of terrible material that about killed me.

I might order this one:

Amazon product

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I knew they could make people sick. I'd never heard of this though.
Going through life is like walking through a land mine area. Danger lurks everywhere. Support your immune system with a healthy diet with vitamin d rich foods, sunshine in the summer, supplement vitamin d if necessary in the winter, and regular exercise.

mitzi

If I may ...

Going through life is like walking through a land mine area. Danger lurks everywhere. Support your immune system with a healthy diet with vitamin d rich foods, sunshine in the summer, supplement vitamin d if necessary in the winter, and regular exercise.

I do that. My post about getting sick from the mouse was a joke.

PeoplesElbow

I tried several of them before I found two I can tolerate. One has yellow duckies on it and has an adjustable nose piece that opens it up a bit, and the other is a seascape gaiter. I had a Buc-ees mask that was made of terrible material that about killed me.

I might order this one:

Amazon product

I like the plain looking shaped ones from Target the best. If I put them up the bridge of my nose and then put my glasses on they do t fog up.

Last edited:

stgislander

PREMO Member
My wife found some plastic frames that slip into the filter pocket of some masks, and hold the mask off her face. It helps to keep her glasses from fogging up. They don't work in my Chinese made masks because the filter pocket is too narrow. The frame forces the top of the mask up to my eyelids.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I bought a couple of masks off of Etsy and the nose wire is a must! Shape it to conform to the bridge of your nose and it stays in place. They also have pockets for filters but I didn't think they were necessary. Plus the cloth is very breathable.

black dog

Free America
I like the plain looking shaped ones from Target the best. If I put them up the bridge of my nose and then put my glasses on they do t fog up.

All the plants we work in require masks, I have a bunch of the blue "Mission" gators that Walmart sells.
Super easy to breathe through and they have held up now for months of daily wear and weekly washing.

PeoplesElbow

All the plants we work in require masks, I have a bunch of the blue "Mission" gators that Walmart sells.
Super easy to breathe through and they have held up now for months of daily wear and weekly washing.
The powers that be freaked out after that one student study, now nobody is allowed to wear a gaiter, I asked if I could cut it in half and turn into a mask if it would be ok, I got the stink eye.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I guess I'm fortunate. I put a disposable on for the 15-20 minutes to run thru the store once or twice a week, the rest of the time I don't need one.

PeoplesElbow

FWIW I now over the leaves every year and end up blowing leaf dust out in my snot. A cloth mask kept this from happening. In the past I tried wearing an N95 mask with valve to do this and just couldn't stand it, the leafy snot was preferable.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

FWIW I now over the leaves every year and end up blowing leaf dust out in my snot. A cloth mask kept this from happening. In the past I tried wearing an N95 mask with valve to do this and just couldn't stand it, the leafy snot was preferable.
^This is what regular masks are made for. Larger particulate matter like dust and pollen. Though when those N95 masks, even with the valve, get moisture laden, it does become a chore to breath. Need constant changing in the summer humid months.