May 24th

stgislander

PREMO Member
Ok, now you're down to 8 invites after you and the wife. Turning into more of a dinner party.
FWIW... As a charter member of the SGIHFWB, I have a permanent invitation so I'm not really counted. It's just understood that I'll be there.

SailorGirl

My brother lives here in the compound. My mother stays here often...and wouldn't miss that party for anything.
I didn't know that. I would love to talk to her just based on some of the things you've mentioned. She's not considered a local but she's lived here a long time - even though she doesn't anymore -did I get that part right?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I didn't know that. I would love to talk to her just based on some of the things you've mentioned. She's not considered a local but she's lived here a long time - even though she doesn't anymore -did I get that part right?
Mom's side of our family first arrived here in MD in 1650...at the point of land where the US Naval Academy is now. The second "wave" of our family arrived around 1658, in possession of a very large land grant that extended from the Patuxent River to the Chesapeake in a swath that included what is now Dunkirk and Huntington in Calvert County. Ferry Landing rd used to be Gover Ferry Landing Rd...we owned the land and the ferry that went across the Patuxent there. The park there now was once our family land.

But no...by most local definitions, I'm not local.

SailorGirl

Mom's side of our family first arrived here in MD in 1650...at the point of land where the US Naval Academy is now. The second "wave" of our family arrived around 1658, in possession of a very large land grant that extended from the Patuxent River to the Chesapeake in a swath that included what is now Dunkirk and Huntington in Calvert County. Ferry Landing rd used to be Gover Ferry Landing Rd...we owned the land and the ferry that went across the Patuxent there. The park there now was once our family land.

But no...by most local definitions, I'm not local.
I bet she's really interesting to talk to. I read a little more of the book and looked up the history of your home in New York. Check this out - you have to enlarge it a lot but look at the first name. That was so cool seeing that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I bet she's really interesting to talk to. I read a little more of the book and looked up the history of your home in New York. Check this out - you have to enlarge it a lot but look at the first name. That was so cool seeing that.

Yep...just like I told you. My grandfather's name is the first one on the list. He was the first Admiral.