Maybe New Orleans IS Worth Saving

bcp

In My Opinion
You can get drunk, buy beads and yell show me yer tits at any redneck wedding,, what do we need New Orleans for?

R

remaxrealtor

luvvme said:
You all are so very ignorant...I hope it makes you feel better to wallow in someone else's dispair...If a hurricane distroyed this bull #### county we would need help too

My husband and I lost our business, building and all in Isabel. Insurance found a way around paying, but we did not take one dollar of FEMA money, nor did we fail to cover any outstanding debts, which took us 2 1/2 years. We paid up, considered ourselves lucky to be alive, opened a new business and moved on.

What say you about all the "help" they were getting before the storm?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
I agree in principle, but New Orleans is a sitting disaster. There will be more hurricanes and the gulf coast is a target for more hurricanes. We still have yet a category 5 storm.
There are parts of the city that are so far below sea level that no buildings should have been built in those areas in the first place.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Bruzilla said:
You can forget that. All of the racial hype after the storm means that no one in congress can dare call a leech a leech without being hung as a racist.
Speaking from my own personal experience, all of the blacks I know believe in hard work, family, community, and religion. In fact, they are much more conservative than I am on social issues. So I don't understand why some people link blacks and welfare.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
They've delayed voting in New Orleans...

I wonder why?

Do they think they have to wait for the majority of welfare cases, and the uneductated to return before they have a vote to ensure re-election?? Why isn't anyone up in arms about this?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tonio said:
Speaking from my own personal experience, all of the blacks I know believe in hard work, family, community, and religion. In fact, they are much more conservative than I am on social issues. So I don't understand why some people link blacks and welfare.
Because blacks, by percentage of their population, are more likely to be welfare recipients and criminals. Considering they only make up about 12% of the population of the US, they have very high stats for welfare and crime.

The reason you, personally, have no experience with this element is the same reason I don't: We hang out or work with people that are like us - they have jobs and families and are responsible citizens. We don't spend a lot of time in inner cities or hanging out with gangs.

B

Bruzilla

Tonio said:

It's not about your color, but your mindset. I've always contrasted central Florida with Baltimore. Many towns in central Florida are mostly black like Baltimore, but the houses, while small and cheaply built, look fairly nice. All of the windows have glass in them, there's no trash laying around, there are gardens growing in the back, lawns are neat, etc. These people are as dirt poor as any inner-city black in Baltimore (or New Orleans), but what they have is theirs and they take great care of it. Florida is not a welfare state, which is one of the big reasons why we have no state and county income taxes. Down here you are expected to make it on your own. Contrast that to Baltimore where you have row after row of rowhouses with broken windows, broken furniture in the yards, trash everywhere, etc. In the welfare state the people are kept like animals, so it's not surprising that they act like animals.

It's not an issue of the Black people in New Orleans... it's a question of the welfare state mentality of the people of New Orleans. Now these people have left and gone mostly to Houston, and they are continuing their malingering ways there... much to the dispair of the people who helped them. Hopefully the "new" people of New Orleans will form a better government that looks more like Florida's than Maryland's.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Bruzilla said:
It's not about your color, but your mindset...
I agree completely. Welfare has a toxic effect on the human spirit, both individually and culturally. Here's something funny and ironic--the only welfare recipient I've ever met was a white woman who regarded blacks as genetically lazy. She would rant about blacks one minute, while admitting the next minute that she was gaming the system to boost her welfare.

By the way, which part of central Florida? Recently I was in a Wal-Mart in that part of the state and heard Spanish being spoken by people of all skin colors.

luvvme

vraiblonde said:
Because blacks, by percentage of their population, are more likely to be welfare recipients and criminals. Considering they only make up about 12% of the population of the US, they have very high stats for welfare and crime.

The reason you, personally, have no experience with this element is the same reason I don't: We hang out or work with people that are like us - they have jobs and families and are responsible citizens. We don't spend a lot of time in inner cities or hanging out with gangs.

:war:
This is just your opinion...Actually whites are the largest recipents of welfare
If you were half as smart as you think you are you would realize that being the african americans make up about only 12% of the population that means there what?? more whites which means that what more whites are on welfare because there are more white people duh :lmao: Don't believe me? read this

Average welfare child is white, has one sibling and unmarried mother, gov't statistics show

Contrary to popular belief, there are more White children on welfare than Black children, according to statistics from the Census Bureau and Department of Health and Human Services.

Nearly 9 million children on welfare in 1995 were White, the statistics show, compared to 4.8 million Black children.

The typical child on Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) is White and lives in the rural South, Appalachia or the downtrodden areas of major cities.

The statistics also show that the average child on welfare is 7 years old, his mother is 29 and single, and the child has one brother or sister.

Their welfare parent qualifies for only the lowest-paying jobs in the workforce.

Where did you get your degree???????They obviously forgot to teach you to check your FACTS!!!

luvvme said:
the african americans make up about only 12% of the population.

Nearly 9 million children on welfare in 1995 were White, the statistics show, compared to 4.8 million Black children.
Your post supports Vrai's post.

Otter

Nothing to see here
luvvme said:

You don't know how to read statistics percentagewise, do ya?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Where did you learn to read?

luvvme said:
:war:
This is just your opinion...Actually whites are the largest recipents of welfare .... Where did you get your degree???????They obviously forgot to teach you to check your FACTS!!!

This is what she wrote:

Because blacks, by percentage of their population, are more likely to be welfare recipients and criminals.

...these are the facts:

Differences by Race. For black children, however, long-term welfare receipt is considerably more common than for non-black children. Thirty-eight (38) percent of all black children born in the years 1973-1975 spent 11 or more years of their childhood living in families receiving at least some welfare. This contrasts with the experience of non-black children, of whom only 6 percent spent 11 or more years of their childhood in families receiving welfare.

http://aspe.hhs.gov/hsp/97trends/es2-3.htm

Do you comprehend this?

The devestation wrought on black folks by liberal social policies is a national disgrace. They need opportunity, incouragement and expectations, just like everyone else. They do not need the anchors of policies that insidiously destroy will.

ylexot

Super Genius
luvvme said:
Where did you get your degree???????They obviously forgot to teach you to check your FACTS!!!
:killingme Thanks. That's some of best irony I've seen in a long time.

luvvme

kwillia said:
Your post supports Vrai's post.

How? when she says more blacks are on welfare than whites and my quote from the article say 9 million whites are on welfare and only 4.8 black are

ylexot

Super Genius
luvvme said:
How? when she says more blacks are on welfare than whites and my quote from the article say 9 million whites are on welfare and only 4.8 black are
Simple. She said more blacks are on welfare than whites by percentage of their population. If there are 4.8 million blacks on welfare and they make up only 12% of the population, whites would need to make up <24% of the population (which they make up a much larger percentage than that) in order for 9 million whites to have a larger number by percentage of their population than blacks. Understand?

luvvme said:
She said "blacks, by percentage of their population" which means a larger precentage of the total black population. Blacks only make up 12% of the total population, yet they have 4.8 million on welfare... over half the amount of whites on welfare.

Pete

Repete
Before all of you ask, I am NOT teaching Elementary mathematics to this person today. It is someone else's turn to educate the ignorant.

luvvme

Larry Gude said:
This is what she wrote:

...these are the facts:

http://aspe.hhs.gov/hsp/97trends/es2-3.htm

Do you comprehend this?

The devestation wrought on black folks by liberal social policies is a national disgrace. They need opportunity, incouragement and expectations, just like everyone else. They do not need the anchors of policies that insidiously destroy will.

NO I don't comprehend this.... can you understand that her words hurt her because she said(as you quoted) "blacks, by percentage of their population are more likely" blah blah blah.... My Point: because blacks only make up 12%(or some other small %) of the US population that means what? whites are what the majority which in turn means there are more of them :sarcasm: so since there are more of them there are more of them on

what? WELFARE

White . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 24,346
White, not Hispanic. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 16,113

Black . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8,794 199 233

American Indian and Alaska Native. . . . . 554

Asian . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1,257 1,305 114 24 90

Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific
Islander . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 92

Hispanic origin (any race) . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8,913

Umph would you look at that whites in thre lead again with 24,346 in povery and black only have what?? 8,794(I think thats a smaller number :killingme )

DON't LIKE IT TAKE IT UP WITH THE PEOPLE AT THE CENSUS :lmao:

Last edited:

luvvme

ylexot said:
Simple. She said more blacks are on welfare than whites by percentage of their population. If there are 4.8 million blacks on welfare and they make up only 12% of the population, whites would need to make up <24% of the population (which they make up a much larger percentage than that) in order for 9 million whites to have a larger number by percentage of their population than blacks. Understand?

NO I DON'T GET IT :coffee: :lmao:

OF COURSE I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS A LARGER % BLACKS ON WELFARE THAN WHITES BUT THE FACT STILL REMAINS THAT MORE WHITES ARE IN WELFARE THAN BLACKS