McCain unaware of the price of gas

Cowgirl

That wasn't the question. It was "When was the last time you pumped your own gas and how much did it cost?"

He doesn't remember what the price was the last time he pumped it. If they want to know if he knows what the price is today, they should ask him that question.

That would be like asking me when was the last time I bought cigarettes and what did they cost? I sure don't remeber.

I know that. I was just making a comment.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And then...

:roflmao:

They made a big friggin' deal out of George Bush not knowing the cost of a gallon of milk - like he routinely does the shopping for the White House and the Governor's mansion before that.

:lmao:

...remember, that very night, some CNN babe was down on her hands and knees in front of Bubba and softballed him the price of milk which 'ol Bubba knew off the top of his head because he'd JUST NOW left the 7-11. :killingme

And Bush, because he and his crew had the common sense of my cat actually staged a trip to Frederick Towne mall so he could buy a PAIR of socks at the Bon ton!!! :killingme

I never can quit decide who is dumber; our leaders or us. :cartwheel

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why?

I don't care if politicians pump their own gas, but I'd sure like for them to know how much it costs.

Like an every day gas and milk and corn flakes and coffee and apples and electric bill and cable bill and oil change and blue jean and hair cut and SAT prep course and used 1998 Civic with 175,000 miles on it and toothpaste and cost of getting a cavity filled and deck furniture and loaf of bread and 22 oz Mountain Dew briefing on the costs we little people face every day?

Would you feel better served? I'd be ####ing ecstatic if they could just read the goddamn Constitution. Most of it hasn't changed in over 200 years.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
the price of milk which 'ol Bubba knew off the top of his head because he'd JUST NOW left the 7-11.

Yeah, because ol' Bill drags the Secret Service with their bulletproof vehicles to the 7-11 all the time to get his Big Gulp fix. :killingme

It's amazing to me just how naive people are when it comes to how other people live, especially Presidents and Congressman. Duh. Like they're just normal folks who pop out to the Giant for a box of Fruity Pebbles. :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Any...

Yeah, because ol' Bill drags the Secret Service with their bulletproof vehicles to the 7-11 all the time to get his Big Gulp fix. :killingme

It's amazing to me just how naive people are when it comes to how other people live, especially Presidents and Congressman. Duh. Like they're just normal folks who pop out to the Giant for a box of Fruity Pebbles. :lol:

...question along the lines of what 'normal' folk do should immeidately initiate some sort of shock collar thing. Imagine how much better journalism would get if questions started centering around how a politician voted and why instead of what they 'feel' or 'really meant' or how they 'connect' with the people.

The last person to truly 'connect' with the people was Andrew Jackson and they damn near crushed him to death at his innagural gala!

"Mr. President! How do you FEEL about the flooding in Missourzzzzzzzzzttttttttttttttttttttttttaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!"

"Wew...Mr. President, uh...sir...uh, was there anything practical people and government could have and should have done before hand that was not done?"

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Actually...

...I can see that; 2 am. Drunk, hungry, stopping by the 7-11 to get a Jamaican meat pie, cute clerk..."Hey, baby. What's yer name? Come here often?"

It's just that he sure as hell wasn't going out to pick up a few gallons of milk for the cook back at the Arkansas governors mansion.

:lol:

Cowgirl

Like an every day gas and milk and corn flakes and coffee and apples and electric bill and cable bill and oil change and blue jean and hair cut and SAT prep course and used 1998 Civic with 175,000 miles on it and toothpaste and cost of getting a cavity filled and deck furniture and loaf of bread and 22 oz Mountain Dew briefing on the costs we little people face every day?

Would you feel better served? I'd be ####ing ecstatic if they could just read the goddamn Constitution. Most of it hasn't changed in over 200 years.

I was thinking more along the lines of the current oil situation. Maybe they'd understand why the country is biatching about gas prices if they realized it's over a dollar now. :rolleyes:

AndyMarquisLIVE

I wonder more about what it costs me to pay for the Secret Service protection for all of the folks who receive it.

Hell!!! even Steny Hoyer is Secret service potected.

:liar:

Prove it.

I met Mr. Hoyer at Hunan Star in La Plata, and he never had SS protection there. :shrug:

Mensa's :blahblah: out of his :moon:

AndyMarquisLIVE

And here is....

... the general problem with politics in America. These aren't normal people. Most congressmen are people from rich families and rich background who went to Harvard and spend more money in a day than most of us will ever have in a lifetime.

They have no clue what issues are important, what voters care about, or what their constituents care about. Even JPC had more of a clue what problems were out there, even if he was on the wrong side of them.

These politicians care about themselves, and what will get them more money. They don't care if they get re-elected. If they don't, they'll get book deals and television deals and everything.

What we need is someone who knows what problems real Americans are facing.

Larry's right though, it would be grand if these politicians read the Constitution. :yay:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga

:lol:

R

RadioPatrol

hey Forcestool, when is the last time Obamanation pumped his own gas ....

do you think Warren B, or Sorryass, or BillG pumps their own gas

Last edited by a moderator:

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
So, does John McCain know the cost of a gallon of gas in America? Yes, he does. Here’s a news link from June 18:
“The price of a gallon of gas in America stands at more than four dollars. Yesterday, a barrel of oil cost about 134 dollarsm” said McCain.
Again, that McCain quote is from June 18 — six days before the O.C. Register interview that Think Progress uses to claim McCain doesn’t know the price of gas.

Patterico’s Pontifications » Extra! Stop the Presses! Think Progress Lies About McCain

So just maybe Forestool should stop trolling on Think Progress to get manure for his posts.