McKays in leonardtown suddenly closed?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
If Aldi's doesn't have something, I usually hit up Giant. HT is nice, don't get me wrong, but it isn't a place I would shop at regularly due to the prices. I actually made it out of Aldi's yesterday only spending $61. :lol:
My goto in Aldi is the pre-cooked bacon. It microwaves nice and crispy with little grease. I go thru a lot of it, and have a store of it in the freezer.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My goto in Aldi is the pre-cooked bacon. It microwaves nice and crispy with little grease. I go thru a lot of it, and have a store of it in the freezer.
I never noticed It. I have the think sliced in the freezer. Where is it?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I never noticed It. I have the think sliced in the freezer. Where is it?
In a weird place, maybe 2nd or 3rd aisle, towards the meat cooler from the center end caps. It's very VERY thin, but that's why I like it. Crumbles easily for salads and recipes.

20221103_142604.jpg

zar

Theist
Mckays in Leonardtown is reopening as an Ollie's. :whistle:
Too low class for Ltown, it would never be allowed

You’d think with the amount of houses going up here for a half a million dollars+ they might be able to support something halfway decent like a Trader Joe’s. Getting in and out of Cali from here is easily worth an hour of time.

I like the idea of putting something there like a target/Walmart that would nullify a need to travel to cali. With a nursery/ace hardware already here I’m not sure what an Ollie’s adds. At least do a big lots where you can get a wider range of furniture

Clem72

I have it on good authority that a Wegman's is going in there. Possibly with a go-cart track behind it. The go-cart track is not a done deal.
Is this an honest response or a call-back to some 10 year old thread I didn't read?

SamSpade

I guess I’m like many here - go to ALDI for stuff I know is cheap there. Milk, eggs, bread, cheese. Go to Giant for most stuff. Go to Harris Teeter for stuff that I know won’t be elsewhere.

HT is more expensive but I almost never have to wait for anything, unlike ALDI where depending on when, the line is obscene. Ditto Dollar General. I go there either for stuff I know is cheap (like bathroom items and bagged cereal and laundry detergent) or when it’s convenient (like milk).

HT also has good customer service, wide produce selection and all of their specialty counters are much bigger. And their food bars are good. OTOH Giant knows us. Like everyone.

I hate shopping at Walmart. I go there only if I have to. Cheap clothes, shoes. Camping supplies. Their staff are almost always rude.

Reactions: BOP

jrt_ms1995

I have it on good authority that a Wegman's is going in there. Possibly with a go-cart track behind it. The go-cart track is not a done deal.
Darn! You beat me to the announcement about the go-cart track! But it's to be underground, though, isn't it?

BTW, does Aldi still stink of cardboard?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I guess I’m like many here - go to ALDI for stuff I know is cheap there. Milk, eggs, bread, cheese. Go to Giant for most stuff. Go to Harris Teeter for stuff that I know won’t be elsewhere.

HT is more expensive but I almost never have to wait for anything, unlike ALDI where depending on when, the line is obscene. Ditto Dollar General. I go there either for stuff I know is cheap (like bathroom items and bagged cereal and laundry detergent) or when it’s convenient (like milk).

HT also has good customer service, wide produce selection and all of their specialty counters are much bigger. And their food bars are good. OTOH Giant knows us. Like everyone.

I hate shopping at Walmart. I go there only if I have to. Cheap clothes, shoes. Camping supplies. Their staff are almost always rude.
They have staff? I guess anywhere except check out.

BernieP

Resident PIA
If the liquor license goes with the space, then it will be an Indian Food Store.
If not, then it would be the perfect place for an indoor go kart track and underground mall.
I typically stop at HT for stuff (particularly now that there is a HT Gas station)
But I've been picking up stuff at Food Kitty in Ltown. - much better experience than I had expected.
So why in the name of a stinking hole would any grocery store want to open in that overpriced piece of retail space?