MD Dems want to tax your SUV $750 per year

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Magnum said:
Here is an SUV for you
At least the bumpers were still metal then, and not chromed plastic...

And to answer your earlier question.. I drive a Land Rover Discovery.. one of the few trucks that comes in over the 6000 lb limit, and yes it's one of the SUV's that is REALLY a truck.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
itsbob said:
At least the bumpers were still metal then, and not chromed plastic...

And to answer your earlier question.. I drive a Land Rover Discovery.. one of the few trucks that comes in over the 6000 lb limit, and yes it's one of the SUV's that is REALLY a truck.
Nice truck, Almost to fancy to take off road though

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Magnum said:
Nice truck, Almost to fancy to take off road though
But that IS what they are made for.. but I do like the ride as a commuter too. Comfortable, secure, and ya sit real high. Do believe it would look better with mud splattered over the roof.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Magnum said:
Still waiting on the weather to paint it... I'm thinking Grave Digger paint scheme.

Wicked. I haven't had a chance to do anything with the '76 K-10, but warmer weather is coming. How much lift and tire size are you running? We may have to hook up for some off-roading, if I can keep up. Mine has 3" body lift, about 4" susp lift, and 32X12.5X15s.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
itsbob said:
But that IS what they are made for.. but I do like the ride as a commuter too. Comfortable, secure, and ya sit real high. Do believe it would look better with mud splattered over the roof.
Yes I know the feeling, My Truck before the Blazer was still too Pretty to take in the woods... Thats why I sold it and got the beat up Blazer

Magnum

Should be Huntin
PrchJrkr said:
Wicked. I haven't had a chance to do anything with the '76 K-10, but warmer weather is coming. How much lift and tire size are you running? We may have to hook up for some off-roading, if I can keep up. Mine has 3" body lift, about 4" susp lift, and 32X12.5X15s.
I have the same lift, in the pics it has 35's on stock rims. I have a new set of rims and I'm going to order a set of 38x12x15 Super Swamper TSL's.

I'm always up for some 4-wheeling, let me know when your ready

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Magnum said:
I have the same lift, in the pics it has 35's on stock rims. I have a new set of rims and I'm going to order a set of 38x12x15 Super Swamper TSL's.

I'm always up for some 4-wheeling, let me know when your ready

I didn't catch my typo. Right now I have 33X12.5X15s. I'll let you know when/if I get it together.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
PrchJrkr said:
I didn't catch my typo. Right now I have 33X12.5X15s. I'll let you know when/if I get it together.
Ok, One Sunday I want to check out the Mud Bugs in Crofton, see what the trails are like they go on.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
PrchJrkr said:
:britchit:

:lmao: j/k
Yeah I know, but they've been making REAL good 4WD's for 70 years now.. and anytime you see an expedition where the choice of truck may determine whether they make it or not, it's always Land Rover.. That and I was a HUGE Daktari fan when I was a kid..

Magnum

Should be Huntin
itsbob said:
Yeah I know, but they've been making REAL good 4WD's for 70 years now.. and anytime you see an expedition where the choice of truck may determine whether they make it or not, it's always Land Rover.. That and I was a HUGE Daktari fan when I was a kid..
I used to go 4-wheeling at the old Land Rover test course up near Bowie, Those were some fun trails. Holes that would eat trucks with 44's on em

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Magnum said:
What all do you have to do to it?

Total frame off. It was used buy a commercial crabber to transport his catch. I have cab repair kit, cab mounts, rockers, floor panels, doors, fenders, another bed, transmission, etc... :blahblah:

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
So much for the "bigger is safer" mentality....Mini Cooper and a F-150 run into the same offset wall at 40 MPH...

Which one would you rather be in????

Attachments

• mini_vs_f150.jpg
    mini_vs_f150.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 49
Voter2002 said:
So much for the "bigger is safer" mentality....Mini Cooper and a F-150 run into the same offset wall at 40 MPH...

Yeah, but the mini cooper is so darn ugly...:ohwell:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Voter2002 said:

But by definition earlier, that isn't a real truck.. plastic chrome does not a truck make..

I watched the 5MPH front bumper crash tests on Discovery.. what a joke.. 10 years ago you'd buff out the scratches and continue on, today they actually had to TOW the Dodge and the Ford Pickups off of the test site. Bent the bumper all the way back to making contact with the front tire..