MD Dems want to tax your SUV $750 per year

Lost Soul

Spoiled said:
No one made you buy that SUV, you could have purchased a van, station wagon, or a truck... You knew you were buying something that gets 15MPG on a good day, no sympathy from me :) thats like playing with fire then #####ing that you got burned... its what fire does...

Most people that own SUV's also use them to haul boats, campers, horse trailers, etc to events. They pay for taxes and tags for these trailers which makes the state money. Guess you would rather them use two vehicles to go places One to haul the trailer and the other to haul the people.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
aps45819 said:
You're right. The ones built on a truck chassis with a high center of gravity are the crappy vehicles. Oh wait, that's pretty much all of them.
Isn't that a Nissan Frontier in your AV??

ylexot

Super Genius
Lost Soul said:
Most people that own SUV's also use them to haul boats, campers, horse trailers, etc to events. They pay for taxes and tags for these trailers which makes the state money. Guess you would rather them use two vehicles to go places One to haul the trailer and the other to haul the people.
Actually, I doubt most people use their SUVs to haul boats, etc. I'm pretty sure most SUVs are used to haul people. I see very few SUVs towing anything. Most things I've seen towed were towed by trucks.

Lost Soul

ylexot said:
Actually, I doubt most people use their SUVs to haul boats, etc. I'm pretty sure most SUVs are used to haul people. I see very few SUVs towing anything. Most things I've seen towed were towed by trucks.

Try visiting some campgrounds, horse shows and race tracks where the fans with campers stay.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
ylexot said:
Guess this depends on your definition of a truck.. my SUV is ALL truck..moreso then 95% of the Pick Up trucks out there.. BUT compared to most Soccer Mom SUV's with the pencil thin drive shafts, and shocks with a smaller diameter then a slurpee straw, then yes you'd be right.

As the earlier picture of the H2 shows, even the most "truck looking" of trucks, are nothing more then showy plastic. Looking at the amount of comparable damage done to the pick up it hit.. that is REAL sad, especially for the price of an H2..

Chasey_Lane said:
Don't worry about the Government taxing your SUV, Kwillia...I will give you a ride to and from work if that happens...:really:
Thanks, sweets...:smooch: But I could always take the 70,000 lb dumptruck or even my Peterbilt Tractor w/sleeper and it's 40 foot dump trailer....not sure how much they weigh in at fully loaded, but I'll bet it's over 6,000...:dance:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
Thanks, sweets...:smooch: But I could always take the 70,000 lb dumptruck or even my Peterbilt Tractor w/sleeper and it's 40 foot dump trailer....not sure how much they weigh in at fully loaded, but I'll bet it's over 6,000...:dance:
But then you'll be damaging Rt. 235. :ohwell:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Chasey_Lane said:
Don't worry about the Government taxing your SUV, Kwillia...I will give you a ride to and from work if that happens...:really:
.. and what about ME!???

itsbob

I bowl overhand
kwillia said:
And talk about ROAD TAX!! How much would a gallon of diesel cost if not for all the taxes, 30 cents??

Magnum

Should be Huntin
itsbob said:
Guess this depends on your definition of a truck.. my SUV is ALL truck..moreso then 95% of the Pick Up trucks out there.. BUT compared to most Soccer Mom SUV's with the pencil thin drive shafts, and shocks with a smaller diameter then a slurpee straw, then yes you'd be right.

As the earlier picture of the H2 shows, even the most "truck looking" of trucks, are nothing more then showy plastic. Looking at the amount of comparable damage done to the pick up it hit.. that is REAL sad, especially for the price of an H2..
So what kinda truck do you have?

itsbob said:
And talk about ROAD TAX!! How much would a gallon of diesel cost if not for all the taxes, 30 cents??
:yeahthat: And don't forget the $1350 per tag yearly and don't forget the yearly federal 2290 road tax per truck.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Here is an SUV for you

Attachments

• truck1.jpg
    truck1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 36
  • truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 35