Md. Gov. Larry Hogan issues ‘stay at home’ order

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Even though it is spelled out for them, that doesn't mean some young, freshly minted trooper won't stop you.

:yay:

your tail light was out ...... BTW where are you going ?

like you were NEVER going to be pulled over for not wearing your seat belt

Toxick

Splat
OMG, your car touched the white line ! ! Are you okay? Where are you going and why?

I pulled you over because your taillight is out. May I see your papers?

My taillight isn't out. I just checked it.

glass shattering

Yes it is. Should I check the other one?

No. I don't have papers. I just need to get some milk.

Step out of the car please.

I know a lot of people are thinking I'm being ridiculous, Police are not doing that. They're not gonna do that. Maybe they won't and maybe I am being ridiculous.

But my point is... they CAN do that. And I don't like it.

We are all boiling frogs now.

I've been self-quarantined starting on week 3 as of today. And I don't intend to go out unless I need to - but the fact that I've now been TOLD that I must stay inside now pisses me off and it makes me feel very defiant. I have had a fairly positive impression of Hogan mostly - but I think his last couple of actions are exceptionally heavy-handed, albeit eye-opening.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
We are all boiling frogs now.

I've been self-quarantined starting on week 3 as of today. And I don't intend to go out unless I need to - but the fact that I've now been TOLD that I must stay inside now pisses me off and it makes me feel very defiant. I have had a fairly positive impression of Hogan mostly - but I think his last couple of actions are exceptionally heavy-handed, albeit eye-opening.
I thought it was getting warm in here.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You don't HAVE to stay inside. Unless maybe you live in tight apartment-like quarters. 🤷

Toxick

Splat
You don't HAVE to stay inside. Unless maybe you live in tight apartment-like quarters. 🤷

I think you're missing my point.

Yes, we have been given a little slack on our leash and we're "allowed" to get some fresh air. (Nice of them to allow us this luxury), or go to the store when it's necessary - but a "Stay At Home Order" is exactly what it sounds like - and that leash could become very short any old time they feel like it.

PS. Yes, I live in an apartment with no yard to speak of.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I think you're missing my point.

Yes, we have been given a little slack on our leash and we're "allowed" to get some fresh air. (Nice of them to allow us this luxury), or go to the store when it's necessary - but a "Stay At Home Order" is exactly what it sounds like - and that leash could become very short any old time they feel like it.

PS. Yes, I live in an apartment with no yard to speak of.

I understand where you are coming from. I've heard that today is just like any other day out there on the roads, mandate or not.

Sorry you live in an apartment. At least you aren't on the 40th floor like my step-brother is!

CPUSA

A few weeks ago I was joking and said pretty soon we'd have to "show our papers" to go anywhere. Well, here we are. I actually have papers to show if I need to venture out. Crazy times.
I got my papers today

Seriously...

BernieP

Resident PIA
OMG, your car touched the white line ! ! Are you okay? Where are you going and why?
My honest feeling is that deputies could not be bother creating traffic stops
But MSP can simply pull you over for an "equipment" violation, window tint, oh, your license plate lamps are dim , and on.
You can't say, "Why didn't you pull over the guy with the cover over his plate so it can't be read."
Cause you know the next question is going to be, "Can I search your car?"

It's going to be interesting and nobody really can say for sure.
Guidance from NAVAIR is that DoN has been declare as essential work. We are at maximum telework status.
But not everyone coming in is listed as an essential or critical employee, some of those people, who do have a paper, are teleworking,
It's interesting, I was asking people who can't do their job from home if they were considered "essential" or "critical", no, they are not, but they are expected to be here carrying out their duties to get the product out to the fleet.

Will the MSP recognize a badge or will they want a letter.

What about people going to medical appointments. What's considered an acceptable reason?
Do they have to have a critical illness or would routine checkup for a chronic illness be okay.

as an engineer I don't see it as an enforceable requirement (order). That said, it is an order and the MSP has the power to "enforce: it.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Some people on FB were reporting that they ARE stopping cars in Lusby. Whether that's true or not, I prepared a letter for the manager that works with me.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member