Md. Gov. Larry Hogan issues ‘stay at home’ order

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

To reiterate a point made by many smart scientists and doctors: the issue is that sick people fill up hospital ICUs.
Well ... duh! Sick people always fill up hospital ICU's. Just as they do every "FLU" season. Again ... Every FLU season. The fat, the old, the immune comprised, the infirm. Happens every damn year. Use some critical thinking skills here.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

MD State Police anticipated all of our speculation, conspiracy theories and questions:

TATE POLICE ENFORCEMENT OF GOVERNOR'S EXECUTIVE ORDERS CONTINUES
(PIKESVILLE, MD) -- Maryland State Police Superintendent Colonel Woodrow Jones III has directed
troopers to continue their public education and enforcement efforts regarding the Governor's Executive
Orders and last night issued specific instructions regarding the stay-at-home order. Those instructions
are as follows:

 Enforcement of the expanded Governor's Executive Order will be conducted by
Maryland state troopers. However, troopers will not make traffic stops simply to ask
drivers where they are going to determine if their travel is essential or not.

 If, in the course of the regular performance of his/her duties, such as during a crash
investigation or a traffic stop, the trooper develops information indicating the individual
was engaged in non-essential travel, enforcement action can be taken, in
consultation with the state's attorney's office in that jurisdiction.

 While it is not necessary for drivers in Maryland to have documentation about the
purpose of travel, having such documentation may help resolve questions.

 Troopers will continue to initiate enforcement action when a business or group of more
than 10 people is observed in violation of the Governor's Executive Order.

 The Order does not prohibit people from going to the store to get groceries or
prescriptions, seeking medical attention at an urgent care facility, getting cleaning or
laundry supplies. In addition, the Order does not prevent people from going out to get
necessities for pets or other livestock.

 The Order allows for travel to care for a family member, friend, pets, etc. Citizens are
also permitted to travel for transporting family, friends, pet or livestock for essential
health and safety activities.

 The Order also allows for travel to and from an educational institution to receive meals
or instructional materials for distance learning.

 The Order allows for outdoor exercise activities (done in accordance to with social
distancing guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and
crowd gatherings of 10 people or less. However, such actives may not be done at a park
that has been closed by state or local government.

 Restaurants can be visited if obtaining food for carry-out or drive-thru only.
For any interaction with "law enforcement" RE: The above..... Am I being detained? Or am I free to go? Other wise, I hereby exercise, any and all, US Constitutionally guaranteed rights, to remain silent. Again. Deputy, Trooper, Officer ... Am I being detained? Or am I free to go?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

So. I went out today, as I usually do. Everything I did was on the Bolsheviks list of "non-essential" activities. I'm still here. Not in jail. No tickets or fines. Drove all over the place. Stopped at quite a few paces to observe, look around, pick up a few, "non-essential" items. Had a good day overall. The brown shirts must be laying low. We'll see as time goes on. Tomorrow, for me, will be the same as today. And if you, you being the good serfs, stay at home, alter your life, because of some edict from government, well, sucks to be you. Enjoy those chains hanging from your neck and shoulders.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I stay at home, save for work and essential shopping, most of the time anyway as I have become more and more a hermit since the bout with pancreatic cancer in 2015.

mitzi

If I may ...

Well ... duh! Sick people always fill up hospital ICU's. Just as they do every "FLU" season. Again ... Every FLU season. The fat, the old, the immune comprised, the infirm. Happens every damn year. Use some critical thinking skills here.

Trump just said earlier, this is not the flu. Are we not supposed to believe him and his task force?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If I may ...

So. I went out today, as I usually do. Everything I did was on the Bolsheviks list of "non-essential" activities. I'm still here. Not in jail. No tickets or fines. Drove all over the place. Stopped at quite a few paces to observe, look around, pick up a few, "non-essential" items. Had a good day overall. The brown shirts must be laying low. We'll see as time goes on. Tomorrow, for me, will be the same as today. And if you, you being the good serfs, stay at home, alter your life, because of some edict from government, well, sucks to be you. Enjoy those chains hanging from your neck and shoulders.
I'll send :flowers: to you in ICU.

j/k

I'm getting things done around the house that I usually have to make time for. I don't feel imprisoned, yet. I'm going out tomorrow to fill a script and run some torches to my son's place. I will most likely also make a trip into a grocery, because I'm running low on fresh fruit. The mandarin oranges this year are like lemons.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Trump just said earlier, this is not the flu. Are we not supposed to believe him and his task force?

I believe what I see. And when what the government tells me is at direct odds with what I see for myself, well....

And when their directives and edicts make absolutely no sense, and they won't answer any questions, well.....

The numbers aren't there for this to be a major nationwide epidemic. They're just not. The newsbots can rave all they want about ANOTHER!! death, and the numbers still won't be there.

Notice that they talktalk about "so and so tested positive", yet they don't mention if that person actually got sick or had symptoms?

You can believe if you want to that crowding in a grocery store with everyone under the sun is perfectly fine, but having a few people over for a party will kill you dead. I believe it's bullshit.

Letting criminals out of jail, but jailing anyone who defies the quarantine order - how can that make any sense at all to you?

I don't understand how intelligent people don't smell a rat with this.

zar

Theist
If I may ...

For any interaction with "law enforcement" RE: The above..... Am I being detained? Or am I free to go? Other wise, I hereby exercise, any and all, US Constitutionally guaranteed rights, to remain silent. Again. Deputy, Trooper, Officer ... Am I being detained? Or am I free to go?

Your reaction as they take you away

Louise

Didn't he say it "could"? I do believe him more than people saying "it's just the flu".

I do know I believe Trump because he is a patriot. But, the rest of the people who surround him, and he relies on; not so much.