Md. Gov. Larry Hogan issues ‘stay at home’ order

rpgreene

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
wife got pulled over today by Calvert's finest in North Beach and was asked to prove where she was going. she had a letter from her employer who worked at Andrews and the officer apologized but she said if she didn't have the letter she would have received a citation.

Why was she stopped ?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
That was my question also. Supposedly, there has to be some violation before they can go into whether the travel was essential or not.

well we all know that is bullshit

<insert light> is out - get pulled over

you touched the double yellow - get pulled over

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
wife got pulled over today by Calvert's finest in North Beach and was asked to prove where she was going. she had a letter from her employer who worked at Andrews and the officer apologized but she said if she didn't have the letter she would have received a citation.
The directive from the MSP superintendent states that troopers cannot pull you over to check your papers. It was issued as a 'clarification' to that day's address from the gov.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
The directive from the MSP superintendent states that troopers cannot pull you over to check your papers. It was issued as a 'clarification' to that day's address from the gov.

Except that the MSP Superintendent has no authority over Calvert Sheriff's Deputies which is who did the stop, so his clarification means nothing to them.

Goldenhawk

...<insert light> is out - get pulled over

you touched the double yellow - get pulled over
I don't know many people who always drive under the actual speed limit. Most drive 8-10 over. That's a violation that allows you to be stopped.

awpitt

Main Streeter

What was the reason she was pulled over to begin with?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Except that the MSP Superintendent has no authority over Calvert Sheriff's Deputies which is who did the stop, so his clarification means nothing to them.
That is why I specified troopers in my post. At any rate it’s a point to throw at the cal co deputies as a taunt.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
^Level of Vitamin D in my blood was one of the things my doc had them assay last time I had blood testing done related to my cancer monitoring. I take 10,000 units a day via supplement. Blood shows normal levels.

rpgreene

What was the reason she was pulled over to begin with?
The officer said that she was concerned since she saw my wife routinely go to her boss's house each morning to pick up the kids. She wasn't rude but just concerned, but why pick out one person when you have thousands on the road each day... We are not in a complete lock down like in other European countries but its impossible to do this unless the military is included.

Scat

The officer said that she was concerned since she saw my wife routinely go to her boss's house each morning to pick up the kids. She wasn't rude but just concerned, but why pick out one person when you have thousands on the road each day... We are not in a complete lock down like in other European countries but its impossible to do this unless the military is included.
Why are they watching your wife’s boss to notice a pattern?

PeoplesElbow

That is actually very creepy and stalker like sounding. Unless your wife's boss is under investigation for something.