Md. Gov. Larry Hogan issues ‘stay at home’ order

Goldenhawk

... Though the odds are if you get it you will survive it, there are still those who will get the short straw from your contamination.... thus the increases in hospitalization and deaths.
Yeah, that. My wife is a nursing home employee. If she gets infected, COVID could wipe out her nursing home within a couple weeks, infecting people before we even realize she's sick, and that one infection could result in completely filling all the local hospital ICU beds.

That's not some conspiracy theory; it has already happened in Carroll County MD - one person's contamination led to 66 ill nursing home residents, 11 hospitalizations, and 1 death... and it's not over for them yet. And even if only that one person dies, the other 10 tie up essential medical services for weeks. The consequences snowball rapidly.

Y'all on this power trip fighting the state, please shut up already.

mitzi

If I may ...

If you need your job to pay your bills, rent/mortgage, insurance, electricity, feed your family, etc., then your job is essential. If you are a small business owner, and you need to keep your business operating in order to pay your bills, rent/mortgage, insurance, electricity, feed your family, etc., then your business is an essential business, and should remain open. Unless of course 'ole Larry is going to reimburse everyone for all that lost revenue, and not in a sliding scale reimbursement, but in a total, historical, on what revenue would have been made, amount lost.

Also. There is no way that all these hundreds of thousands of people could have been tested for the actual strain of coronavirus 19. The testing kits will show a positive for "any/all" coronavirus strains. The only way to be certain that it is indeed, "Covid 19", is to isolate the virus without contaminants, grow a culture, and then perform a RNA/DNA sequencing. That is the only way to confirm, if in fact, all these so called sick, and those that have died, did so from Covid 19. But my bet is it is just simply the normal variety flu with people dying, (as it happens every damn year), from underlying medical issues, and pneumonia, being used as a guise to lock this Nation down.

It's comforting to know there are so many physicians and scientists on the forum. And I'm not just referring to you.

zar

Theist
Yeah, that. My wife is a nursing home employee. If she gets infected, COVID could wipe out her nursing home within a couple weeks, infecting people before we even realize she's sick, and that one infection could result in completely filling all the local hospital ICU beds.

That's not some conspiracy theory; it has already happened in Carroll County MD - one person's contamination led to 66 ill nursing home residents, 11 hospitalizations, and 1 death... and it's not over for them yet. And even if only that one person dies, the other 10 tie up essential medical services for weeks. The consequences snowball rapidly.

Y'all on this power trip fighting the state, please shut up already.

auto accidents cause 3,287 deaths per day.

I guess we should drive the economy into a depression until the government can resolve that as well.

PS. the fed is predicting 32% unemployment
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/30/cor...-unemployment-rate-of-32percent-fed-says.html

The highest rate of U.S. unemployment was 24.9% in 1933, during the Great Depression

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Actually it's pretty frustrating. But you go right ahead and continue to mock me, and I'll go ahead and continue being right.

:( No one wanted this. And I also know that most everyone didn't actually see it as a possibility.

I don't think anyone likes it and we're all basically in the same boat.

mdff21

Just saw on the news, a Charles County man was locked up for having a bon-fire party over the week-end Police told him to disperse the crowd per the no more than 10 gatherings. Refused and taken to jail, being held no bond.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
:( No one wanted this. And I also know that most everyone didn't actually see it as a possibility.

I don't think anyone likes it and we're all basically in the same boat.
EDIT: trying to multi-task and I screwed this all up. I mean to say that I know that most everyone did actually see it as a possibility - as in we all saw it coming in one form or another. It's not like we were all in the dark.

Again, I don't think anyone really likes it, either.

EDIT: trying to multi-task and I screwed this all up. I mean to say that I know that most everyone did actually see it as a possibility - as in we all saw it coming in one form or another. It's not like we were all in the dark.

Again, I don't think anyone really likes it, either.
I also believe most people do already realize the numbers of infected and sick are much higher than the official numbers. I think that is why there is acceptance of doing our part as requested. Do we want to be righteous or do we want to lose friends and family forever? But that's just my observation based on how I see folks reacting.

PeoplesElbow

stgislander

PREMO Member
Now there a website that judges how well we are performing social distancing.

black dog

Free America
Unfortunately my boss won't give me one of those "You are Essential" golden tickets, so I'm going to try to work from home this week. It will give me a chance to see how the local Stasi plans on enforcing this edict. If something important comes up at the office, I'll brave the 3 mile drive.

Heres one...
We will forever call you.... Essential Man.....
This is what I passed out last week...