Mean Christian...

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
What about original sin? :confused:
No such thing. This is a lie that some churches made up so as to make money on unnecessary and irrelevant Baptisms.
The "Age of Accountability" is thought of by many theologians to be 13.
It is different in most people. It's not a set age. Too many factors make it different for most folks; like a persons exposure to religion, their home life, social settings, etc...

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Whether animals are in heaven or not is not covered in the Bible. But God does love all of His creation, mosquitoes included.

Mathew 10:28-33

28"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

29"Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father.

30"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

31"So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.

32"Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven.

33"But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.

God knows when animals die according to the Bible and obviously cares.

libby

No such thing. This is a lie that some churches made up so as to make money on unnecessary and irrelevant Baptisms.

You just cannot resist the urge to take shots at others, can you? Why don't you just state your position and the reasons for it, instead of making the most uncharitable comments you can. There is a case for original sin and baptism, biblically, historically, culturally, etc., with which you do not agree, and that's fine. But, it is not a lie "made up so as to make money". Show some humility, know-it-all.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
You just cannot resist the urge to take shots at others, can you? Why don't you just state your position and the reasons for it, instead of making the most uncharitable comments you can. There is a case for original sin and baptism, biblically, historically, culturally, etc., with which you do not agree, and that's fine. But, it is not a lie "made up so as to make money". Show some humility, know-it-all.
:cds:

:notworthy
Is this humble enough? :whistle:

We don't agree on this so why get mad? This is why I haven't contended with your recent posts on this subject. Just because you won't see this until you get up yonder doesn't mean that I should stop contending for the truth my dear lady.

I still wuv you... :angel: :howdy:

libby

Why get mad??

:cds:

:notworthy
Is this humble enough? :whistle:

We don't agree on this so why get mad? This is why I haven't contended with your recent posts on this subject. Just because you won't see this until you get up yonder doesn't mean that I should stop contending for the truth my dear lady.

I still wuv you... :angel: :howdy:

Cowgirl asks, "What about original sin."

IT responds, "It's a lie" blah, blah, blah.

Now you say "we don't agree, why get mad".

State your case, and I won't argue with you. You are entitled to your opinion and I think reasonable people can disagree on some of the Scriptures. Make slanderous statements about churches (and Catholics are not the only ones) that believe in original sin and/or infant baptism, and I'm gonna call you on it. You have no business making accusations like 'it's a money making scheme', 'it's a lie', etc. Did you ever, for one second, think that perhaps it is an honest reading of the Scriptures? Even IF you are right and everyone else is wrong, doesn't that mean you should be more understanding of everyone? More kind? More charitable?

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
Although Scripture does not conclusively tell us whether our dogs will make it to heaven, The Bible does provide us with some significant clues regarding whether or not animals will inhabit the new heaven and the new earth.

One thing is for certain: Scripture provides us with sufficient precedence for believing that animals will inhabit the new heaven and new earth. As in the words of
Isaiah 11:6 (New International Version)
The wolf will live with the lamb,
the leopard will lie down with the goat,
the calf and the lion and the yearling [a] together;
and a little child will lead them.

and in

Psalm 145:13
Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
and your dominion endures through all generations.
The LORD is faithful to all his promises
and loving toward all He has made.

I as a Christian, believe that our pets do/will go to heaven.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
As a Christian I know that I don't and can't understand everything that God has planned and that while the Bible doesn't specifically say they will or won't be there I agree with atrusomder. The Bible was written for us to read a way to communicate with God and understand what he wants for us, we were created in his imagine with a free will, we truly are special :) But that doesn't mean he doesn't love all his creations as mentioned in Psalm. I vote they are there, but I guess we won't know until we get there - maybe this is a good time to mention that Vari is right there's only one way for you to get there, PM me if you need more info :huggy:

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
PM sent :) Sorry it took so long I had a few kids that needed some tending too ;) Off topic but my sweet 9 week old son just woke up at 9:30!!! And he went to bed at 10 last night :) I'm so happy!

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Cowgirl asks, "What about original sin."

IT responds, "It's a lie" blah, blah, blah.

Now you say "we don't agree, why get mad".

State your case, and I won't argue with you. You are entitled to your opinion and I think reasonable people can disagree on some of the Scriptures. Make slanderous statements about churches (and Catholics are not the only ones) that believe in original sin and/or infant baptism, and I'm gonna call you on it. You have no business making accusations like 'it's a money making scheme', 'it's a lie', etc. Did you ever, for one second, think that perhaps it is an honest reading of the Scriptures? Even IF you are right and everyone else is wrong, doesn't that mean you should be more understanding of everyone? More kind? More charitable?
Maybe an honest mis-reading of the Scriptures but you've always been the one to raise the intensity level of discussion here with me.
I have every "business making accusations" when the issues have NO Biblical basis. (Jude 3).
Do those churches not teach that "their" baptism forgives original sin when the Bible says is doesn't? Do they not require payment for it also? Hence, my correct statement. What about our previous discussion on idols (carved images)? Can't deny who removed the 2nd commandment and why they are made now can we? It's a money maker; very unbiblical, so what other reason can there be for them? :evil:
Now, I always start out "understanding, kind & charitable" but I don't always end up that way depending on the seriousness of the issue at hand. I've always made statements in a nice way at first but they have brought out unsoilcited personal attacks on me. Their "beef" is with God, not me but the name calling is done to me. Only those who are wrong take issue with the statements. Remember the Pharisees, Saducees & teachers of the law in Jesus days? Was Jesus wrong in His statements?
....maybe this is a good time to mention that Vari is right there's only one way for you to get there, PM me if you need more info :huggy:
God's "imagine"?
"Vari"? :howdy:
Welcome back to the forum.

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
hahaha :) I am awful with typos and what's worse is that I do try to re-read the post before posting. I know what I'm saying and manage to read it the way I intended, not the way it's written :nerd:

Imagine = Image
Vari = Vrai
:huggy:

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly

It is different in most people. It's not a set age. Too many factors make it different for most folks; like a persons exposure to religion, their home life, social settings, etc...[/QUOTE]

I realize there is no "magical age". I merely said many theologians consider 13 to be the "Age of Accountability". Undeniably it is at whatever age a person truly comprehends right and wrong, possible consequences, and makes their own decisions on what they are going to do.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
hahaha :) I am awful with typos and what's worse is that I do try to re-read the post before posting. I know what I'm saying and manage to read it the way I intended, not the way it's written :nerd:

Imagine = Image
Vari = Vrai
:huggy:
Eye kumpletely undurstud wat ewe ment. :poorbaby:
Even in the worst cases it's sometimes funny to read them.
I realize there is no "magical age". I merely said many theologians consider 13 to be the "Age of Accountability". Undeniably it is at whatever age a person truly comprehends right and wrong, possible consequences, and makes their own decisions on what they are going to do.
:yay:

libby

you've always been the one to raise the intensity level of discussion here with me.

I raise the intensity level?? You are the one who calls other churches liars. Yep, that's gonna warrant a response.
I have every "business making accusations" when the issues have NO Biblical basis. (Jude 3).
Your interpretation. The Holy Spirit told me differently, and I know He's speaking to me because I know I'm saved, yada, yada, yada...
What about our previous discussion on idols (carved images)? Can't deny who removed the 2nd commandment and why they are made now can we? It's a money maker; very unbiblical, so what other reason can there be for them? :evil:
You wanna go over that again with me? Have at it.
Now, I always start out "understanding, kind & charitable" but I don't always end up that way depending on the seriousness of the issue at hand.

So, IOW, you imitate Jesus. He started out "understanding...charitable", but when things got heated with Pilate and during the Crucifixion, He began hollering out "liar", "your beef is with God, not me", etc.
Remember the Pharisees, Saducees & teachers of the law in Jesus days? Was Jesus wrong in His statements?

Nice try, but You Are Not Jesus!!

Last edited:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
So, IOW, you imitate Jesus. He started out "understanding...charitable", but when things got heated with Pilate and during the Crucifixion, He began hollering out "liar", "your beef is with God, not me", etc.
Nice try, but You Are Not Jesus!!
Bad example dear. Try John 8 from verse 31 on. There you'll see a name calling Jesus.
I soitainly am NOT Jesus but when I quote Him I'm always right.
:lol:
You people are funny.
She's a feisty little bomb waiting to go off or a box of stored up spunk ain't she? I love her, really. She makes my day. :howdy:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

She's a feisty little bomb waiting to go off or a box of stored up spunk ain't she? I love her, really. She makes my day. :howdy:

Don't get ahead of yourself there Scallion. You're pretty funny at times as well...like in your post you just said about you always being right when you quote Jesus :lmao:

You're at least level headed about a good amount of things :lol: