MEMA on alert as Earl may make direct hit in MD

red_explorer

Isabel

:killingme

Yeah we were without power or water for 3 weeks after Charley... LOL. Made a 'camping trip' out of it. Except for the lack of AC, it was almost nice what with the candles in the evening, seeing the night sky as God intended, not being distracted from the family by TV and such...

It was awesome in many ways. :yay:

People just like to b*tch about what they don't have rather than cherish what they do have.

I loved the time after Isabel. Only problem was that my husband couldnt get his sleep machine hooked up to a battery, so we had to buy a generator. Other than that, it was really nice, and peaceful. All the neighbors helped each other out, and checked on each other, and we were on a farm too!!!

baby

but working in those conditions, extreme heat, 18-20hr days, most of the time not getting a chance to have a sit down meal or a real meal, getting yelled at or harassed because you are not working fast enough!, not sleeping in your bed but in a truck.... not enjoyable at that moment...

oh and then you have Uncle Sam that rapes you in taxes because of the overtime... yep... still sucks... but they deserve the pay for what they do... :yay:

:buddies::buddies::buddies: True!!! they deserve every dime they make and more. God bless them!!

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
You're kidding, right?

None of the models show it directly hitting MD.

i know right.. we would get heavy rain and maybe some power loss but it could change....when it hits the warm waters of the east coast but i dont think so

awpitt

Main Streeter
i know right.. we would get heavy rain and maybe some power loss but it could change....when it hits the warm waters of the east coast but i dont think so
It'll hit the warmest waters around The Bahamas so we'll see what happens after that plus the high pressure that's supposed to move across the north will have an impact on when Earl curves out to sea. All of the various models should start to narrow a bit by Wednesday evening into Thursday morning. Then we'll know for sure.