MEMA on alert as Earl may make direct hit in MD

TurboK9

It'll hit the warmest waters around The Bahamas so we'll see what happens after that plus the high pressure that's supposed to move across the north will have an impact on when Earl curves out to sea. All of the various models should start to narrow a bit by Wednesday evening into Thursday morning. Then we'll know for sure.

Satellite shows what appears to be an eyewall replacement cycle which can change intensity and course too...

FED_UP

If it for some odd reason it gave us a direct hit, traffic leaving SOMD, espcially St Marys would be a mad house, unless you left early.

TurboK9

If it for some odd reason it gave us a direct hit, traffic leaving SOMD, espcially St Marys would be a mad house, unless you left early.

It could also potentially force the states hand in correcting the TJ bridge problems. :yay:

:lmao:

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
If it isn't, they build a new one. Problem solved. :yay: :lmao:

just spoke with my pops he works for the FAA and he said they arent to worried about Earl They told him that we would just get rain.. and pops says when they are worried about something they run around like chickens with theirs heads cut off..and the air taffic controller people would be flipin out too..

just spoke with my pops he works for the FAA and he said they arent to worried about Earl They told him that we would just get rain.. and pops says when they are worried about something they run around like chickens with theirs heads cut off..and the air taffic controller people would be flipin out too..

Good to know.. now on to something we should be seriously worried about...

Your potted plant COULD spontaneously combust and burn your house down! :jameo:

Plant spontaneously combusts, catches house on fire - KAIT-Jonesboro, AR-News, weather, sports, classifieds-

TurboK9

Huh. I wasn't aware that the FAA controlled hurricanes.

:yay:

No offense, but this thing is projected to swing withing 200 miles of our coast, and that's only the center of the track.... it's about 600 miles wide. All it will have to do is jiggle, and we could be seeing 60+ MPH winds instead of <25.

In fact, three days ago the NHC track put it 350 miles out. Now it's crept down to 200. I expect it to keep creeping.

If I'm wrong, I have extra soup and a sharp chain on the chainsaw. :bigwhoop:

Better that than on a tree on my head.

I'll wait and see what happens, and have a plan just in case. :yay:

onel0126

Bead mumbler

The FAA? We just had 3 near misses in the DC area in the month of August--tell them to stop staring at Earl updates and get their eyes back on the screen!