Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Show off's

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters

sockgirl77

sockgirl77 said:
I am old fashioned when it comes to this. You should both wear rings. He doesn't need to wear one during work but it should be back on his finger when he punches out. As far as you not wearing one, I think that it's crappy. Personally, it shows how dedicated you are to each other when you wear your rings. I also believe that if you don't love your spouse enough to wear a damn ring, then you don't love them enough!

I bet if he bought you a 2 carat diamond you'd be showing it off.

JMHO
Also, when you said your vows did you include rings? "This band is a symbol of my love" :cussing:

meangirl

Nice lady!
sockgirl77 said:
I am old fashioned when it comes to this. You should both wear rings. He doesn't need to wear one during work but it should be back on his finger when he punches out. As far as you not wearing one, I think that it's crappy. Personally, it shows how dedicated you are to each other when you wear your rings. I also believe that if you don't love your spouse enough to wear a damn ring, then you don't love them enough!

JMHO

OMG, you are showing your age here girl. Wearing a ring has NOTHING to do with love. We have been married a long time...I don't wear ANY jewelry so that 2 carat diamond would mean nothing to me. I have a 1 carat and you know where it is? Same place as our wedding bands...sitting on top of our wedding centerpiece in our china cabinet.
There's the thing SG..we don't need to PROVE our love with things. Not even jewelry.

sockgirl77

meangirl said:
OMG, you are showing your age here girl. Wearing a ring has NOTHING to do with love. We have been married a long time...I don't wear ANY jewelry so that 2 carat diamond would mean nothing to me. I have a 1 carat and you know where it is? Same place as our wedding bands...sitting on top of our wedding centerpiece in our china cabinet.
There's the thing SG..we don't need to PROVE our love with things. Not even jewelry.
Showing my age? Biatch, I am only 28! WTF is that supposed to mean. I am so sure that you have a 1 carat diamond. I bet your husband is so glad that he wasted that 5 grand on you! :rolleyes:

meangirl

Nice lady!
sockgirl77 said:
Showing my age? Biatch, I am only 28! WTF is that supposed to mean. I am so sure that you have a 1 carat diamond. I bet your husband is so glad that he wasted that 5 grand on you! :rolleyes:

I meant you are showing your YOUNG age...which you did again. Thanks! You don't think I have the ring :confused: He didn't waste anything on me. We are still together and going strong. I honestly hope you find that someday and that a RING won't mean THAT much to you...if you really love someone nothing material is going to make a difference.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
sockgirl77 said:
it shows how dedicated you are to each other when you wear your rings. I also believe that if you don't love your spouse enough to wear a damn ring, then you don't love them enough!

I better tell Otter...he hasn't worn a wedding ring since the year we were married. I could care less. I know he loves me. A piece of metal doesn't show dedication, his actions do.

meangirl

Nice lady!
cattitude said:
I better tell Otter...he hasn't worn a wedding ring since the year we were married. I could care less. I know he loves me. A piece of metal doesn't show dedication, his actions do.

God, a voice of sanity. Thank you Catt!

CMC122

Go Braves!
cattitude said:
:yeahthat:

We didn't even have him get a ring in our ceremony:shrug: Father Harris said something about men didn't wear them 2 hundred years ago and BAM neither was my husband:lol:

Dosen't matter too much to me:biggrin:

StarCat

sockgirl77 said:

JMHO
My husband didnt wear his ring at work, for the same reason, alot of times, when he got home he would forget to put it on. Then he finally went and got a titanium band so he could wear it to work. If he didnt wear a ring though, it wouldnt mean that he doesnt love me, people can be married and walk around EVER day with a ring on their finger, and HATE the person they are with. Love isnt a ring. I wear mine always, just because I like jewelry. He wears his because he thinks it makes me happy. If we both stopped wearing them, neither of us would care.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
CMC122 said:
:yeahthat:

We didn't even have him get a ring in our ceremony:shrug: Father Harris said something about men didn't wear them 2 hundred years ago and BAM neither was my husband:lol:

Dosen't matter too much to me:biggrin:

:lol: He does, however, wear a gold necklace I bought him years ago. I call that his wedding ring. He screws up, it will automatically choke him.
:dead:

sockgirl77

meangirl said:
I meant you are showing your YOUNG age...which you did again. Thanks! You don't think I have the ring :confused: He didn't waste anything on me. We are still together and going strong. I honestly hope you find that someday and that a RING won't mean THAT much to you...if you really love someone nothing material is going to make a difference.
Last time I checked, I was older than you. Me believing in wearing a wedding band has nothing to do with age. It is what I believe in. Although ppl are coming on here now defending their husbands, I am sure that there are plenty of ppl in here that agree with me.

tomchamp

sockgirl77 said:
Last time I checked, I was older than you. Me believing in wearing a wedding band has nothing to do with age. It is what I believe in. Although ppl are coming on here now defending their husbands, I am sure that there are plenty of ppl in here that agree with me.

Name one! :elaine:

meangirl

Nice lady!
sockgirl77 said:

SG, I am a LOT older than you. Not that it matters too much, you are right. I think though as we get older though we realize some of the things we put so much importance on in our younger years start to mean nothing. If that is what you believe in..fine. You didn't see me screaming and having fits cuz you want a ring did you? I said I hope you get what you want. I don't wear a ring..or any jewelry. Period. Why does that bother you so much? My husband and I are very secure. That's all that matters. Really.