Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters

mainman

Set Trippin
meangirl said:
Yeah but if it didn't, would it upset you? :popcorn:
I'll go scrub it and get back to you on that...:lol:

Penn said:
Yeah, when you think about putting water in it.
Ahhh, my old friend the relic has surfaced... At least I still posess the ability to think...:yay:

meangirl

Nice lady!
mainman said:
I'll go scrub it and get back to you on that...:lol:

Ahhh, my old friend the relic has surfaced... At least I still posess the ability to think...:yay:

If you scrub it and it no longer has a ring..it might get mad at YOU. Who doesn't want to wear a ring for godsakes?! :tantrum:

K

Kizzy

vraiblonde said:
I think it's ghey and tacky. Wearing a wedding ring is okay, but no jewelry for guys other than that.

Agreed ~ It is always looks so Larry from 3's Company to me.

A watch is ok.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
sockgirl77 said:
I am old fashioned when it comes to this. You should both wear rings.
So because you are old fashioned, everyone who is married should wear a wedding band? That's stupid. I wear my band because it's gorgeous, I picked it out, I love it, I wear it. If my husband decided (for work reasons, when he's on the ship or wherever) that he didn't want to wear his, I wouldn't care. To some people, the ring is symbolic, but to others, it's just a metaphorical sign saying "I'm married, stay away". If someone is secure in their marriage, and chooses not to wear a ring, it shouldn't be any of your, or anyone else's business. Why do you care?

sockgirl77

Nickel said:
So because you are old fashioned, everyone who is married should wear a wedding band? That's stupid. I wear my band because it's gorgeous, I picked it out, I love it, I wear it. If my husband decided (for work reasons, when he's on the ship or wherever) that he didn't want to wear his, I wouldn't care. To some people, the ring is symbolic, but to others, it's just a metaphorical sign saying "I'm married, stay away". If someone is secure in their marriage, and chooses not to wear a ring, it shouldn't be any of your, or anyone else's business. Why do you care?
Guess we view this differently. I just think that if the bands are part of your wedding ceremony, they should be worn. JMHO

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
sockgirl77 said:
Guess we view this differently. I just think that if the bands are part of your wedding ceremony, they should be worn. JMHO
You don't have to exchange rings in order to be married.

sockgirl77

Nickel said:
You don't have to exchange rings in order to be married.
Very true. However, if you do and you go through the whole "with this ring i thee wed" thing, then you should wear it. To me, it just seems like it's breaking a vow.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
sockgirl77 said:
Very true. However, if you do and you go through the whole "with this ring i thee wed" thing, then you should wear it. To me, it just seems like it's breaking a vow.
So if you had a unity candle in your ceremony, would you keep it lit 24/7?

sockgirl77

Nickel said:
So if you had a unity candle in your ceremony, would you keep it lit 24/7?
No. You have a good point. OK, I'll just say this. I will where a wedding band and expect my husband to also if and when I ever get married again! If others choose not to, then you are correct, it is not my business. The end!

tomchamp

sockgirl77 said:
No. You have a good point. OK, I'll just say this. I will where a wedding band and expect my husband to also if and when I ever get married again! If others choose not to, then you are correct, it is not my business. The end!

So your done?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
sockgirl77 said:
Damn. That was easy. :ohwell:

Triggerfish

sockgirl77 said:

Will you expect him to wear it if he has a job that strongly urges him not to because of possibility of him losing the finger?

sockgirl77

tomchamp said:
[/B]
So your done?
Yep. I am done posting about why ppl should wear their rings. I know what I believe is right but obviously alot of ppl disagree. And, that's just fine with me.

sockgirl77

Triggerfish said:
Will you expect him to wear it if he has a job that strongly urges him not to because of possibility of him losing the finger?
No. He can take it off during work. But he should put it back on when he clocks out!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
morganj614 said:
Now that was a visual I didn't need but can certainly see. :lmao: Also the polyester shirt unbuttoned to the navel and the white belt and shoes :lol:
Nah, that was Gumbo's schtik; I thought that was uglier than sin! :lol:

I'll bet BuddyLee would wear that kind of outfit; he looked quite the part in his Eggplant Pimp costume! :lmao:

I'd also wager Dutch would have worn something like that! It's his style! :killingme

Last edited: