Men, Close your ears (eyes in this case)...

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Chasey_Lane said:
C-sectioners don't have to worry about it.

No, they just give you honkin' big doses of pitocin instead. You get your baby cut out of you and still get to have contractions only it's after the babe is born! :thewave: :lmao:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Tina2001aniT said:
How is it that I TOTALLY have no recollection of this whatsoever?? :confused:
:lmao: I pushed all knowledge of labor and delivery out of my mind about three minutes after it was over. :lol:

sockgirl77

BTW, the pain and nastiness are all worth it! But no, you never forget the pain of childbirth. I don't G.A.F. about what all the old women told me. "You won't remember the pain, blah blah blah" That's just like telling me to be proud of my strechmarks :bs:

pixiegirl said:
No, they just give you honkin' big doses of pitocin instead. You get your baby cut out of you and still get to have contractions only it's after the babe is born! :thewave: :lmao:
I was gonna pipe in since I had two C-sections... but I didn't wanna contradict anybody...:lol: :high5:

GeezLouise

tired and content....
pixiegirl said:

I don't remember having contractions after the baby was born. :confused:
Although, I don't remember much about that whole day, I was so doped up on whatever they were giving me. :lol:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
sockgirl77 said:
How long did you bleed afterwards? How did your stomach look afterwards? :shrug:

With #1, I was back in my pre-preggo pants 3 days after having her. My stomach had just a tiny pooch. I think for about 3 weeks but it was more of a light, wear panty liner thing.

With #2, well, that one is a different story. Still working on getting the extra baggage off from him :lol: But I don't quite remember with him, maybe 2 weeks, could have been 3 weeks, but nothing heavy. I was in a fog after having him for sometime because the child wanted to eat every two hours on the dot.

sockgirl77

pixiegirl said:
I had contractions the whole time I breastfed. And NObody warned me about this. :faint:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
GeezLouise said:
Although, I don't remember much about that whole day, I was so doped up on whatever they were giving me. :lol:

With #2 I thought I was going to be smart and get doped up so I wouldn't be in so much pain. So I immediately asked for pain meds. I spent the entire day (I had him at 6 am) in pain and barfing from the pain meds. They gave me stuff to combat the barfiness and I still yaked all day. :banghead:

GeezLouise

tired and content....
pixiegirl said:
With #2 I thought I was going to be smart and get doped up so I wouldn't be in so much pain. So I immediately asked for pain meds. I spent the entire day (I had him at 6 am) in pain and barfing from the pain meds. They gave me stuff to combat the barfiness and I still yaked all day. :banghead:

I never got sick, but I remember the room spinning everytime I moved my head. I dreaded getting up for the first time. The pain in my sides was awful. They said it was from the air that got trapped in my diaphragm after the surgery....I never knew about that. That hurt! :ohwell:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
GeezLouise said:

Post contractions are those from when your uterus starts returning to its pre-pregnancy size.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
LexiGirl75 said:
Post contractions are those from when your uterus starts returning to its pre-pregnancy size.

Not in the case of a c-section. They want you to have strong contractions to get rid of any leftovers.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I bled for ions and had horrible after-contractions for about 24 hours. The contractions after birth get worth with each kid they say, and with my #2 and #3 that definitely held true - I didn't have them with kid #1.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
GeezLouise said:
I never got sick, but I remember the room spinning everytime I moved my head. I dreaded getting up for the first time. The pain in my sides was awful. They said it was from the air that got trapped in my diaphragm after the surgery....I never knew about that. That hurt! :ohwell:

You were supposed to take that out before delivery. :huggy:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Chasey_Lane said:
C-sectioners don't have to worry about it.

:bs: They still come in and feel around and make sure everything is where it's supposed to be, and it hurts like a mo-fo because you just had seven layers of your body cut through in that same area. :jet: