Men using Female Body Wash

barncat

Reading the other thread got me thinking about a situation at home. My hubby uses my body wash, he says that his manly soap does not moisturize his skin as well, ok, no biggy. But he uses gobs of it. I swear he squeezes the bottle like there is none left everytime so he gets this huge amount of soap. And then he stands in front of the water so the sponge is rinsed as he washes so he adds more soap because he doesn't feel clean unless there's a huge amount of suds. I've said something to him a few times, telling him he doesn't need to use a huge amount of soap but he doesn't listen and continues to use gobs. I've decided it's one of those things that I will have to accept and move on, besides what's an extra $10 a month for the extra body wash he uses.

He would do this with my shampoo too if given the opportunity to use "he ran out of his shampoo" but I always have extra bottles of his stuff on hand so he can't use that one on me.

Anyone else have this problem and have a different solution I can try or should I just stick with spending the extra money?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
barncat said:
Reading the other thread got me thinking about a situation at home. My hubby uses my body wash, he says that his manly soap does not moisturize his skin as well, ok, no biggy. But he uses gobs of it. I swear he squeezes the bottle like there is none left everytime so he gets this huge amount of soap. And then he stands in front of the water so the sponge is rinsed as he washes so he adds more soap because he doesn't feel clean unless there's a huge amount of suds. I've said something to him a few times, telling him he doesn't need to use a huge amount of soap but he doesn't listen and continues to use gobs. I've decided it's one of those things that I will have to accept and move on, besides what's an extra $10 a month for the extra body wash he uses.

He would do this with my shampoo too if given the opportunity to use "he ran out of his shampoo" but I always have extra bottles of his stuff on hand so he can't use that one on me.

Anyone else have this problem and have a different solution I can try or should I just stick with spending the extra money?

What kind of body wash do you use? I'm trying to determine if this is weird or not.

Cowgirl

barncat said:

Get a "his" and "hers" bottle...and tell him hands off!

Cowgirl

BS Gal said:
What kind of body wash do you use? I'm trying to determine if this is weird or not.

It's part of Shania's line...called "Man, I Feel Like a Woman."

barncat

BS Gal said:

Nothing fancy, Olay Ribbons, Dove and Caress. I make it a point to buy manly body wash and soap for him but he uses it for awhile and then starts to use mine again.

Toxick

Splat
If he's using female body wash, make sure he washes his vagina, and shaves his legs.

:cheapshot:

You can get men's body wash with moisturizer. I use Axe - I think that has good moisturizer in it. Plus there are moisturizers that he can put on after he gets out of the shower. Get some nice gender neutral stuff like Aveeno or something.

That's still going to be a couple extra bucks per month, but at least you'll have your soap to yourself again.

barncat

Cowgirl said:
Get a "his" and "hers" bottle...and tell him hands off!

I've tried and he still resorts to mine so I don't buy the manly stuff anymore. No one else has this problem or am I being extremely picky?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What's the difference if he uses your bodywash or he has his own? I'd think it would be easier that way because then you only have to buy one brand.

Larry doesn't use my bodywash because he only likes bar soap. I think he probably uses my shampoo, though.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
barncat said:
I've tried and he still resorts to mine so I don't buy the manly stuff anymore. No one else has this problem or am I being extremely picky?

Sorry, I have a 12 year old son, who uses Axe. I think he'd forego showers alltogether than use my Bath & Body Works stuff. :lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
vraiblonde said:
What's the difference if he uses your bodywash or he has his own? I'd think it would be easier that way because then you only have to buy one brand.

Larry doesn't use my bodywash because he only likes bar soap. I think he probably uses my shampoo, though.
DR doesn't use my shampoo. :lmao:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
vraiblonde said:

:yeahthat:

vraiblonde said:

Same with the Otter. He likes Zest for his oily fur. Shampoo...hmm..well..I'm not sure about that one. :lmao:

Cowgirl

vraiblonde said:

I thought the problem was that he wastes it. :shrug: BF and I use the same soap...it is a really nice smelling Olay kind, but I can't remember which scent. It's not too girly though, just fresh and clean.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I use...

vraiblonde said:

...your shampoo when I can not squeeze one more drop out of mine. Or when I've used up all your body wash...for shampoo.

Some of that #### is scary. It's got seeds and crap in it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
...your shampoo when I can not squeeze one more drop out of mine. Or when I've used up all your body wash...for shampoo.

Some of that #### is scary. It's got seeds and crap in it.
I happily share my shampoo and bodywash with you. :smoochy:

And you're not supposed to use the stuff with "seeds" for shampoo. That's body SCRUB, meant to exfoliate.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

vraiblonde said:
I happily share my shampoo and bodywash with you. :smoochy:

And you're not supposed to use the stuff with "seeds" for shampoo. That's body SCRUB, meant to exfoliate.

...that explains why a few things feel...exfoliated.

:jameo: :lmao: