Mike Vick gone...

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
I just can't wrap my head around this whole dog fighting deal some folks are into.
I know it's all about money but for Christ sake, do dogs have to be tortured, electrocuted, hanged, etc and that's just what is known to have happened to some.
What a big man Vick must think he is be to be involved in this-fighting and killing dogs? Damnnn
Did he really think all of this wouldn't surface?

jetmonkey

Fubar said:
I just can't wrap my head around this whole dog fighting deal some folks are into.
I know it's all about money but for Christ sake, do dogs have to be tortured, electrocuted, hanged, etc and that's just what is known to have happened to some.
What a big man Vick must think he is be to be involved in this-fighting and killing dogs? Damnnn
Did he really think all of this wouldn't surface?
I don't think it's about money. Vick has money. It's about 'manhood' or something retarded like that.

Pete

Repete
jetmonkey said:
I don't think it's about money. Vick has money. It's about 'manhood' or something retarded like that.
Did you know you cannot buy a Falcons jersey from their web site with "Mexico" on the back?

Lilypad

The Atlanta Falcons organization issued a statement last evening using words such as “troubled’, “disappointed” and “disturbed”. It sounds as if they did not get their first draft choice, not talking about Michael Vick and dog fighting.
It does not take a rocket scientist to realize that Michael Vick has brought dishonor to the NFL and the Atlanta Falcons so the words “troubled” and “disturbed” should be replaced by “life time ban”. And then start looking for others in the NFL that perpetuate this heinous crime of dog fighting.

BlackSheep

My $.02

Humans have killed humans since time began. It’s only a few chapters into Genesis when Cain slays Abel. But there is an added level of barbarism when humans brutalize man’s best friends for the sake of watching them fight and kill each other. Such bloodlust shows the worst in humanity and is an absolute evil.

IMHO-this applies to all creatures great and small!

Kerad

Pete said:
Did you know you cannot buy a Falcons jersey from their web site with "Mexico" on the back?

They must employ someone to specifically filter the name you can put on an Atlanta #7 jersey. "OOKIE, DOG KILLER (DOGKILLER), Mexico", etc...

This one worked. But not for long, I'm sure.

If he does play this year...he's going to have tons of fun hearing it from the fans.

Attachments

• Vick.jpg
    Vick.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 70

_MightyMouse_

_USMCScoutSwimmer_
I hope that he pays dearly for his actions and not slip through the justice system like many others with similar status!

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I heard rumors...

Allen Iverson is getting worried too. Not that would surprise anyone, just sayin....

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Huh...

AK-74me said:
Allen Iverson is getting worried too. Not that would surprise anyone, just sayin....

...that's interesting. Vick and Iverson are from that same Tidewater region aren't they?

Ponytail

AK-74me said:

Iverson, that's the one. I couldn't remember which Philly sport star was Vicks College bud....roomies, weren't they?

I'm wondering about a few others...how many in the Pro sports arena are going to be named.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No, no, no...

Ponytail said:
Iverson, that's the one. I couldn't remember which Philly sport star was Vicks College bud....roomies, weren't they?

I'm wondering about a few others...how many in the Pro sports arena are going to be named.

AI went to G'town, not Va Tech and he is a good bit older than Vick.

They are from the same region though, I think.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Larry Gude said:
AI went to G'town, not Va Tech and he is a good bit older than Vick.

They are from the same region though, I think.

Right they weren't in school at the same time just from the same area, sort of.

Ponytail

Vick is just helping things along...

...both were raised in poverty by single mothers living in the Newport News, Va., area. Both were born in June — Iverson arriving on June 7, 1975; Vick following five years later on June 26. Both raced through high school as national phenoms, coveted by nearly every college in the country, despite Iverson eventually spending five months in jail for a fight outside a bowling alley. Georgetown signed him anyway.

Both stopped growing at 6 feet, though Vick weighs close to 50 pounds more than AI — 215 to 168. Both list fishing as their favorite hobby.

Both wound up as the No. 1 overall picks in their respective sports, Iverson chosen by the Philadelphia 76 ers with the top pick in the 1996 draft, Vick going to the Falcons with the top pick in the 2001 NFL draft.

And both have garnered the kind of awe and fame reserved for only the most special of athletes, guys with names such as Michael and Tiger and Bjorn and Babe and Joe, as in Montana and DiMaggio.

To use but one quote on each, said former Arkansas basketball coach Nolan Richardson after facing Iverson’s Hoyas in an NCAA tournament game: "I’ve been to three calf shows, nine horse ropings and seen Elvis once. But I’ve never seen anything like this in my life."

Wrote William C. Rhoden of the New York Times concerning Vick: "Michael Vick is the closest athlete the NFL has to Michael Jordan."

And there is no denying each player’s box-office appeal. They fly where others walk, they create while others mimic, they make athletics high art, delivering one-time wonders we may never see again, except on tape.
But much as Iverson eventually wore out his welcome in Philly, running off both good coaches and bad despite leading them to the NBA Finals a few years ago, Vick is fast approaching his point of no return in Atlanta.

Yes, he ran for more than 1,000 yards this season and passed for 20 touchdowns. Yes, he sells tickets. But the Dirty Birds went 7-9. One imagines that should the Falcons go 7-9 next season with the princely Bobby Petrino running the show, it will be Vick, rather than the coach, who is on the hot seat.

"There are no plans to trade him or cut him," a spokesman for team owner Arthur Blank said Tuesday.

And there probably aren’t right now. Blank hired Petrino away from Louisville for the express purpose of getting the most out of his confounding quarterback. But Vick has already cost two good coaches — Dan Reeves and Jim Mora — their jobs.

... After Water-bottle-gate, it would surprise no one if the Falcons reach a similar conclusion on Vick this time next year.
E-mail Mark Wiedmer at mwiedmer@timesfreepress.com

Taken from...
http://epaper.tfponline.com/WebChannel/ShowStory.asp?Path=ChatTFPress/2007/01/24&ID=Ar03104

Kerad

Looks like we may have seen the last of Michael Vick in an NFL uniform.

In what has quickly evolved into a collaborative effort that includes input of officials from the NFL, NFL Players Association and Atlanta Falcons, embattled quarterback Michael Vick could be urged to take a voluntary leave of absence to focus his energy on the legal challenges from a federal dogfighting indictment confronting him, sources said.

I love that wording: "...urged to take a voluntary leave of absence..."

This would be the best thing for all concerned until the legal process plays it's course.

Too bad the scumbag will probably be paid during that time.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Caught a blurb on ESPN radio, it was a teammate of Vick but can't remember which one, but he compared dog fighting to hunting, saying he didn't see what the big deal was noone makes a big deal about people killing deer. :buttkick:

Lilypad

The old geezer, former KKK member, Senator Byrd, cried and hollared on the U.S. Senate Floor over this dog fighting fiasco yesterday. It's embarrassing and if he thinks he is helping fry Vick he's sadly mistaken. He's all over YouTube now as well as the television making a complete @#%$ of himself. Byrd obviously does not care about chickens (Cockfighting still goes on in WestByGodVa).

Vick should be tried and punished. His alleged actions are disgusting and deplorable......but I have yet to see even remotely the same passion on the U.S. Senate floor for the 3000 plus innocent people who died at the hands of barbarians on 9/ll. From any Senator. Not a one.

And meanwhile husbands and wives are routinely now killing their entire families.