Military stories no one would ever believe

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I was on the base football team in the mid 80s. It was a NATO command and we had all the US service branches representing. 1 of the army guys had a female that he sponsored. The guy ended up in her place 1 night and clocked her in the head with a lamp. He chocked her with the electrical cord of the lamp. He rapes her then wiped the place for fingerprints. The dude's wife worked on my floor. She comes to work and tells us about the murder and how her husband was the sponsor. At the time she didn't know it was her husband that killed her. It creeped me out that I knew the guy and didn't think I knew anyone that was capable of doing that.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Same NATO command. A few months after I PCSed a female sailor disappears. The navy suspected foul play. A sailor was suspected of murdering her. The girl was profiled on a TV show that looks for missing people. They found her and her boyfriend living a few 100 miles away from the base.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
New reality show; You people have some AMAZING stories that beat the crap out of the made up reality shows. Holy ####!

:popcorn:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
People getting kicked out for DUI's, smoking pot .....

Which I never understood people who smoke pot lets say to get kicked out.

There was a guy in my Company [1986], busted on a piss test
.... begged to stay in, took an Article 15 - lost a stripe, restricted to barracks, pay loss, drug treatment program .... etc
busted again 6 months later :doh:

dumb ass ... you are outta here

stgislander

PREMO Member
The ship's engines use fuel injectors. These are usually serviced by contractors in port. The chief of the enginemen encourage his charges to procure extra injectors when the contractors were on board. They would take them out of their tool boxes when they were distracted. The chief would keep them in his locker and change them out when the ship was underway when they clogged up.

So the chief leaves. The new chief tells the master at arms their is a theft problem. They open up a kids locker and find the stolen injectors. Kid claims he was just following the previous chief's orders. Kid goes to mast. He claims the chief engineer of the ship was aware of the arrangement. The chief engineer does a Sgt. Schultz imitation. Kid gets busted and restricted to the ship.

A couple of weeks later the can't be found on board. Seems he either jumped overboard and swam to shore(unlikely) or at night he shimmied down the ship's lines unnoticed then hit the pier and ran(likely).

That was SOP for the 378' HEC gas turbines. Everyone in Engineering knew it was going on. (Any CO or XO worth anything knew too.) Hell, even the JO's had GT parts hidden in their racks.

NTNG

About 20 years ago here at Pax, we had a lieutenant shoot the guy who was having an affair with his wife, in the neck, with a crossbow. He then cut up the guy and carried him a piece at a time to the landfill. This one just had a lot of interesting points;
Lieutenants don't normally kill enlisted, that normally stays officer on officer, enlisted on enlisted.
Crossbows aren't your normally a murder weapon.
Lieutenant left a very detailed list of how to do it.
Chopping a guy up takes some nerve, as I understand it it was while he was while he was still in the parking lot.

This was in Wildwood.

This same Lt worked for me when he was a 3rd Class. He had an infant son who died suddenly. SIDS was a relatively new medical issue then. NIS < now NCIS > interviewed me, and 1/2 the shop, asking about this guy, was he a good dad, etc. We never suspected a thing. 10 yrs or so later, the incident that Merlin described happened. Folks that knew this guy < myself included > immediately flashed back to the infant being found dead in his crib.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
About 20 years ago here at Pax, we had a lieutenant shoot the guy who was having an affair with his wife, in the neck, with a crossbow. He then cut up the guy and carried him a piece at a time to the landfill. This one just had a lot of interesting points;
Lieutenants don't normally kill enlisted, that normally stays officer on officer, enlisted on enlisted.
Chopping a guy up takes some nerve, as I understand it it was while he was while he was still in the parking lot.

This was in Wildwood.

I remember this. Gruesome.

SoMDGirl42

This was in Wildwood.
The "lieutenant" was actually former enlisted. I know, he was my ex husbands supervisor in the shop. And he dumped the body parts in different dumpers in the area, including schools (Esperanza Middle).
And a lot more came out in the trial, like how he had been abusing his kids physically as well as sexually. His name is Dana Collins.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The "lieutenant" was actually former enlisted. I know, he was my ex husbands supervisor in the shop. And he dumped the body parts in different dumpers in the area, including schools (Esperanza Middle). And a lot more came out in the trial, like how he had been abusing his kids physically as well as sexually. His name is Dana Collins.

Is he still in prison?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
If I remember right, he got life in prison without the possibility of parole. I think he also tried to burn his house down a month or two before the murder.

Yikes.

I used to work with a guy back in the 90's that "accidently" killed a toddler by tossing and dropping it on it's head. He's already out, last I heard.

Restitution

Back in the 94/95 timeframe, was stationed out in Whidbey Island standing barracks watch. Next thing I knew, NCIS was everywhere!!!

Apparently, some sailors had gotten drunk and decided to play Russian roulette in their room. One of the sailors was on the phone with his girlfriend and when his turn came up, his friend didn't think it was fair that he skipped it. Put the gun against the back of his head, pulled the trigger....... BANG!!!

Ended up standing watch outside the room the entire time NCIS was in there..... about 10 hours until I could go!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
80's Cobra pilot from our Squadron fires a perfect Day and Night run on quals, first time in history..

Gets out of his Cobra starts jumping around and jumps right into his still spinning Tail Rotor..

Next day Soldiers clear their qualifying Scout Range and decide to play soldier in the back of an M113.. Forgetting the cardinal rule(s) one friend picks up the M60 points it at his friend and pulls the trigger.. forgetting they had a malfunction with that weapon on the range and it was never cleared.. Plasters his best friends better parts all over the inside of APC.

Hohenfels Training area.. Two infantrymen are on patrol, looking for the opposing forces.. it's dark, it's late and they are tired. Walking through rocky uneven terrain they find a nice level place to sleep.. climb into their fartsacks in the middle of the night, right in the middle of a tank trail.. sometime during the night somebody turned them into red chili burritos in their sleep. Don't think they ever did figure out who ran them over, but it's easy to run over stuff in a tank and never know it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
.. sometime during the night somebody turned them into red chili burritos in their sleep. Don't think they ever did figure out who ran them over, but it's easy to run over stuff in a tank and never know it.

we were constantly reminded

NO SLEEPING UNDER THE M901-ITV

someone might need to move the vehicle and pivot steer over you before you can crawl out

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
87-88 Korea:

one of the enlisted guys in an Infantry Company - out for an evenings fun in one of the local bars
... gets a STD from the hooker he spent the night with
... restricted to barracks while he gets cleaned up
... 6 weeks he was on lock down
... goes back to the same girl as soon as he is allowed and over night pass again

... gets the #### all over again :doh:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
we were constantly reminded

NO SLEEPING UNDER THE M901-ITV

someone might need to move the vehicle and pivot steer over you before you can crawl out

Hohenfels again.. M60A3 Driver wants to get out of the rain.. grabs his fartsack and climbs under the tank to sleep.. as the ground get saturated and the tank starts to sink into the ground.. He was awake when the tank settled enough to suffocate, but he couldn't get out of his bag.