K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
sockgirl77 said:
mineral make up 07-05-2007 02:24 PM You really get on my nerves
Then put me on iggy. Many have. :yay:
I've had you on iggy since Feb. '04. :huggy:

cdsulhoff

Hi ladies I will be giving away free samples.. pm me if you want. I will have them in soon. Just let me know if you want foundation, blush, eyeshadow, veil, shimmer, or even bronzer

Pandora

cdsulhoff said:
Hi ladies I will be giving away free samples.. pm me if you want. I will have them in soon. Just let me know if you want foundation, blush, eyeshadow, veil, shimmer, or even bronzer

I'd like to try a foundation sample. I have very dry skin, in fact, I just lost another 3 layers of my face, neck and chest this past week after only getting slightly sun burnt in a matter of 15 minutes outside without sunblock. The poor lady's answer to a facial peel. :jameo:

Would this work for me, or would I look like I have flour on my face?

BTW, I have tried BM and due to my dry skin, it doesn't work well for me. I have been using Dermacia since it was in the testing phase. I really like it, got it at a discount for awhile, but it is expensive.

Last edited:

cdsulhoff

Hello Pandora,

Some might have a break out to Bismuth Oxychloride which is used in BM. However the mineral makeup that I sell does not contain that..

Bismuth is the by-product of lead and copper refining, as well as other metals.
It is very heavy and chemically resembles arsenic. It has a whitish/iridescent hue and has a very high shine property to it. this heavy metals it is the only non-toxic.

Companies use this in their cosmetics because it is an inexpensive filler. It does have binding qualities, so the makeup will cling to your skin. There are other products that are better for your skin and just as effective as bismuth. The Bismuth will camouflage fine lines, wrinkles and discolorations. You'll notice a nice shiny look after applying the makeup. Not oily, but shimmery. That's bismuth oxychloride.

Wonder why you have to do that heavy buffing step? Well Bismuth is a very heavy element, which makes it difficult for many people to wear. Bismuth has to be forced into the pores. If you don't do the buffing step it will come right off your face. The heaviness can result in clogged pores or irritated skin. Bismuth oxychloride often feels silky when you rub it between your fingers. Mineral makeup companies that do not use it have a lighter feeling makeup that usually blends into the skin better and with less effort.

Bismuth may be a cause of the itchiness some women get when they wear it. Many women experience noticeable itching when they sweat. Now it would make sense that your skin would get irritated.

So Pandora The Bismuth can be the cause of the problem... I will send you a sample..

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Pandora said:
BTW, I have tried BM and due to my dry skin, it doesn't work well for me. I have been using Dermacia since it was in the testing phase. I really like it, got it at a discount for awhile, but it is expensive.
Can you find a good moisturizer? I started a thread a few days ago about Pevonia products. I received some samples and I LOVE every product that I have tried. They are very mild, soothing and hydrate my skin very well!! I had a facial last weekend and my skin STILL feels and looks wonderful, just as when I walked out of the door.