Mom dumps 2 yo at WalMart

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Another fine example of a loving mother....
From dumping kittens, to tossing them on the road, to a father killing his son on fathers day, not a day goes by without a story like this.

Dont have kids if you cant care or dont care about them!!!

A mom dumps her kid at WalMart and splits.
What a country we have!!!

Boy, 2, abandoned at Wal-Mart 1:35
A boy was found at Wal-Mart with a note saying his mother couldn't care for him. WRTV reports.

While she should have gone through the proper channels at least she didn't kill him and he obviously wasn't removed from her care due to neglect before this. Sometimes the kindest thing one can do is to walk away.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
At least...

From dumping kittens, to tossing them on the road, to a father killing his son on fathers day, not a day goes by without a story like this.

A boy was found at Wal-Mart with a note saying his mother couldn't care for him. WRTV reports.

...she didn't feed him to the kittens. That's something.

:yahoo:

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus

For every sad/mean thread you post you should post a happy good one.

I

Inkpen

For every sad/mean thread you post you should post a happy good one.

Sad?
Mean?
How about REALITY!

It is reality CR...and it makes me sick that people treat their kids like this!

How about being RESPONSIBLE to the lives you bring into this world instead of tossing then away like trash?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Sad?
Mean?
How about REALITY!

How about being RESPONSIBLE to the lives you bring into this world instead of tossing then away like trash?

You mean like giving them up for adoption? The end result is the same.

tommyjones

Sad?
Mean?
How about REALITY!

:abortionsforall:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I don't really see how this is any different, or worse, than dumping a baby on the steps of a church. The end result is that the child will end up in a loving and caring forever home :cheesy:

LordStanley

I know nothing

Take the babies blood, run a DNA test, Run the results through the NCIC, locate the birth hospital, gather the medical records, find said mother, track her down, slap her in the face....

Would make a great TV show!

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
I don't really see how this is any different, or worse, than dumping a baby on the steps of a church. The end result is that the child will end up in a loving and caring forever home :cheesy:

I have an adopted brother who was found at a church. This was years before states had "Baby Moses" laws.

I

Inkpen

See that you are not up to date on the current foster home crisis...
Too many kids..not enough foster homes, and many of them abuse the kids and the system...and not enough staff to oversee the kids or the foster homes.

Watch Wednesdays Kids on Ch. 4 for starters.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Too many kids..not enough foster homes, and many of them abuse the kids and the system...and not enough staff to oversee the kids or the foster homes.

It's a 2 year old. He will be in foster care, regardless of how he got there. Whether he was abandoned, or it was done up in nice, legal packaging.

foodcritic

What?

While she should have gone through the proper channels at least she didn't kill him and he obviously wasn't removed from her care due to neglect before this. Sometimes the kindest thing one can do is to walk away.

Walk away from a 2 Y/O with a note? :smack: :jameo: :bonk: :banghead:

Maybe should have just let him play in traffic!

Elle

Happy Camper!
Take the babies blood, run a DNA test, Run the results through the NCIC, locate the birth hospital, gather the medical records, find said mother, track her down, slap her in the face....

Would make a great TV show!

Why waste the money - she obviously doesn't want him

Elle

Happy Camper!

And then there are other foster parents that love the children just as if they were their own

I

Inkpen

And then there are other foster parents that love the children just as if they were their own

Very true...there are a lot of wonderful foster homes and families.
Sadly, we never hear about them, only the bad ones when kids die from abuse and neglect.

Ever wonder why so many kids get adopted from overseas when so many kids here just waste away in the system?

Elle

Happy Camper!
Very true...there are a lot of wonderful foster homes and families.
Sadly, we never hear about them, only the bad ones when kids die from abuse and neglect.

Ever wonder why so many kids get adopted from overseas when so many kids here just waste away in the system?

There is no one answer for all situations, you are making a lot of assumptions.

If you would like to hear happy foster family stories I can start by sharing one a day - just let me know do you want them emailed, pm’ed, or posted on the open boards.

As for adoption - there is a difference in fostering and adoption - in fostering the goal is reunification with the birth parent once they do what they need to do to regain their children. Adoption is final in most cases and there are many reasons people choose the type of adoption they do - my niece was adopted from Russia b/c my in-laws didn't want to have to deal with the adoption laws here - the mom can change her mind, it was much more expensive than to do a private adoption from the States but once they had her home she was theirs.